The Boys Amazon's The Boys General Discussion Thread

tumblr_pvjlp9IJmE1s01gf9o5_500.gif

That one was definitely harder to get through for me. But I did it, lol.

Yeah, I liked Umbrella but it was just... so weird at times that I needed a break from time to time. Like, just strange things like how it existed in a world without cell phones for some reason. Also, it was so dark and dreary that it just made it kinda depressing to watch. That was intentional obviously but I found The Boys much easier to binge.

This is one of those rare times Im not picking up the comic-book because I have no idea where season 2 is going and I love that feeling. Ive had to learn in the past when reading comics though they never line up with tv shows or movies 100%.

This is one of those rare times Im not picking up the comic-book because I have no idea where season 2 is going and I love that feeling. Ive had to learn in the past when reading comics though they never line up with tv shows or movies 100%.

It's probably for the best. The finale is a pretty big departure. And they have made it pretty clear that they are avoiding Ennis' worst... excesses.

Finished this over the weekend and loved the hell out of it, hadn't read the comic so it was a totally unknown quantity to me. All the actors did a great job (and Karl Urban owns the screen any time he's on it) but Antony Starr as Homelander was something else, very intimidating and deliciously duplicitous.

What's the word on this series?
It'll be an opinion, but I easily think this is one of the best shows doing the rounds at the moment. It's only eight episodes, there's no real fillers, it's well paced, and the characters are great.

It'll be an opinion, but I easily think this is one of the best shows doing the rounds at the moment. It's only eight episodes, there's no real fillers, it's well paced, and the characters are great.

8 episodes is IMO the right number for binge watching streaming.

Finished this last night. Wow, what a great season man. I liked that the last couple of episodes were more dramatic and less with the dark, dark humor (which I did enjoy as well. Lasereye Baby Gun was the greatest thing). Also, refreshing that there was not a big superhero showdown in the end.

Homelander in the terrorist base was terrifying.

Last edited:
She reminds me of Anna Paquin.

Just finished the series last night and really enjoyed it. Gee that last scene was so creepy. Such a twisted version of the perfect American family

Brilliant show. I watched six episodes in a single day - first time that's happened. It feels like this show could someday function as a time capsule for early 21st century America: corporate power; trend-driven media; celebrity worship; superhero pop culture glut; saccharine patriotism; evangelism; terrorism; and probably other things.

Homelander was amazing and by far the best character.

Just finished binging this. Hot damn! Bring on season 2

Very Snyder Watchmen vibe to it, am halfway through it currently and enjoying it hugely. Having read source material, was intrigued how they would translate and on the whole, really impressed, The Deep actor is doing the best Ryan Reynolds impression I've ever seen, there's a Heroes meets Watchmen vibe and Karl Urban is great as ever. Loving it.

I'm impressed by Elizabeth Shue in this role. I don't think I've ever seen her as a baddie

She's aged quite a bit but still hot!

Just finished up the season last night with a friend who doesn't like Superheroes usually. Anyway, we were both hooked by the dark humour, characters, writing, performances, and twists. Favourite characters are Butcher, Frenchie, the Female, Homelander, and Starlight. Everyone was great, though!

One thing that surprised me was how the members of The Seven and Stillwell weren't one dimensional, but flawed and complex. Don't know how they were portrayed in the comics.

Also, I noticed that Jack Quaid looks like Michael Shannon quite a bit in the facial features. Anyone else pick up on that?

Met Karl Urban, Jack Quaid, and Antony Starr this weekend! They were all really awesome and down to earth!

Also took some pictures outside Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto, which is where scenes at Vought are filmed!

0CBB3438-A59F-4075-8AFA-6A60ABF52D0A.jpeg
FEBDC770-6BCA-4F27-B134-1A01CEF00539.jpeg
83417271-03B2-4D4F-B849-900CC8380903.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty damn great. Wish I could say the same for the final season of Preacher so far tho...

Yes, I checked that website... :o

They really need to keep their marketing team. They are having way too much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"