Bumblebee The Bumblebee Spin-Off Official Thread

It's strange to me that Grootster is so excited about this film but constantly dogging on Star Wars.

And look maybe Travis will do a good job with this and make a decent film, but maybe we should also stop pretending the past Transformers movies were good films and that didn't only make money because they had tons of action and special effects and not much else.

It's strange to me that Grootster is so excited about this film but constantly dogging on Star Wars.

And look maybe Travis will do a good job with this and make a decent film, but maybe we should also stop pretending the past Transformers movies were good films and that didn't only make money because they had tons of action and special effects and not much else.

I fully acknowledge that this film could end up being garbage but what we've seen so far in relation to this movie just legitimately impresses me more. I have a lot of attachment to both the Star Wars and Transformers brands, and this really seems to be trying something new, while TLJ just seems like the same old type of stuff to me. For instance, that retro Polaroid-style photo I posted above of Steinfeld's character is nothing too groundbreaking, but I've never seen anything quite like that before come out of this franchise, at least in terms of marketing (especially since the TF movie series is usually so focused on being modern and hip). Even if it's terrible, this movie looks like it's at least going to provide a unique and distinct experience.

I'm not sure if the second part of this comment was aimed at me or just in general, but I don't like the existing TF movies or think they are good films, I even give the 2007 film less of a pass than most people do. I appreciate some aspects of what Bay has brought to the table, but I don't find them watchable or enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to this movie solely based on it's-not-Bay-again and Hailee is a genuinely good actor (True Grit?)
I hope Bumblebee gets a distinctively new robot design to distance itself from the previous movies but who know. Maybe Bay still has a foot in this.

Probably via communication with Bumblebee regarding the glasses or whatever.

I'm looking forward to this movie solely based on it's-not-Bay-again and Hailee is a genuinely good actor (True Grit?)
I hope Bumblebee gets a distinctively new robot design to distance itself from the previous movies but who know. Maybe Bay still has a foot in this.

Isn't he still producing or something?

I fully acknowledge that this film could end up being garbage but what we've seen so far in relation to this movie just legitimately impresses me more. I have a lot of attachment to both the Star Wars and Transformers brands, and this really seems to be trying something new, while TLJ just seems like the same old type of stuff to me. For instance, that retro Polaroid-style photo I posted above of Steinfeld's character is nothing too groundbreaking, but I've never seen anything quite like that before come out of this franchise, at least in terms of marketing (especially since the TF movie series is usually so focused on being modern and hip). Even if it's terrible, this movie looks like it's at least going to provide a unique and distinct experience.

I'm not sure if the second part of this comment was aimed at me or just in general, but I don't like the existing TF movies or think they are good films, I even give the 2007 film less of a pass than most people do. I appreciate some aspects of what Bay has brought to the table, but I don't find them watchable or enjoyable.

What in particular have you seen that has you so impressed if you don't mind me asking? I clearly must have missed some stuff because this thing is barely a blip on my radar.

Peter Cullen basically confirmed we'll hear his voice in the film. Wonder how Optimus will appear since he landed on Earth in the first?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7jIzgn-az4

I'm cool with it. I could really just close my eyes and listen to Cullen talk like Optimus for two hours, and it would be the best Transformers movie we've gotten yet. It wouldn't even have to be iconic ****. It could be a grocery list. :o

So who's John Cena playing? Is it one of those "key, pivotal" and yet unknown roles that Variety and THR always like to report?

Fair enough Grootster. I don't agree with all your views on Star Wars, but I understand your passion and not going to hang you for your opinions.

Yeah, Bay's still the producer, but I'm hoping he'll have minimum involvement. I'm also hoping they give Bee a new robot design.

Peter Cullen basically confirmed we'll hear his voice in the film. Wonder how Optimus will appear since he landed on Earth in the first?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x7jIzgn-az4

I saw that, it's pretty interesting news. I love Prime, but I'm honestly hoping he doesn't have too big a role in this. An audio or video communication with him in space would be really cool.

What in particular have you seen that has you so impressed if you don't mind me asking? I clearly must have missed some stuff because this thing is barely a blip on my radar.

For me it's mainly Bee as a VW (which is an homage to the old show) and the possibility of actual talent in terms of filmmaking. In my opinion we've never had a 'good' Transformers movie before, and it would be neat if they can make a legitimately good film that isn't just 'good for an 80s cartoon movie' or 'good for a Michael Bay film'. Also, I love retro movies set in the 80s, so it should be fun to watch just because of that.

Last edited:
Interesting that Prime is in this. Never thought I would say this but I hope it's just a cameo from a flashback as that fits with the first movie.

Yeah, Bay's still the producer, but I'm hoping he'll have minimum involvement. I'm also hoping they give Bee a new robot design.

I saw that, it's pretty interesting news. I love Prime, but I'm honestly hoping he doesn't have too big a role in this. An audio or video communication with him in space would be really cool.

For me it's mainly Bee as a VW (which is an homage to the old show) and the possibility of actual talent in terms of filmmaking. In my opinion we've never had a 'good' Transformers movie before, and it would be neat if they can make a legitimately good film that isn't just 'good for an 80s cartoon movie' or 'good for a Michael Bay film'. Also, I love retro movies set in the 80s, so it should be fun to watch just because of that.

I hope you're right. I grew up with Gen 1. I saw the animated movie in the theater. The original animated show is easily the property I'm most nostalgic about followed by M.A.S.K. I wonder if Bee's look is gonna be significantly different having a VW as his Auto mode, but I doubt it. They're prob scared if they change his face at this point people will get confused.

Interesting that Prime is in this. Never thought I would say this but I hope it's just a cameo from a flashback as that fits with the first movie.

I don't see how they could do anything else, but I'm not even sure it'll be a cameo. I thought they said it may just be his voice, so maybe it's just a transmission?

I don't see how they could do anything else, but I'm not even sure it'll be a cameo. I thought they said it may just be his voice, so maybe it's just a transmission?

Well the article said Cullen is doing voice work for the movie as far as I remember, that doesn't rule out a Prime appearance.

Last edited:
Well the article said Cullen is doing olive work for the movie as far as I remember, that doesn't rule out a Prime appearance.

Olive work huh? :funny: I hope not. I do like to retain continuity even in something like this, so if he shows up, I hope it's a Cybertron flashback or something.

Olive work huh? :funny: I hope not. I do like to retain continuity even in something like this, so if he shows up, I hope it's a Cybertron flashback or something.

:woot: auto correct is not helping me lately!

But yeah, if he appears, hopefully it's in a flashback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"