• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Cape

I don't know why there's so much cynicism here, all the way down to this guy's cape being a liability in realistic fights. He's a superhero, that's the point.

I think people are just upset because this is a throwback to the more fantasy-oriented superhero movies/shows of the `90s. Nowadays, people want the serious, realistic, Nolan-esque stuff.

I remember people complaining about Batman: The Brave and the Bold being an adaptation of the campy `50-`60s comics and, yet, it turned out to be a popular show when folks gave it a chance.

That's how fanboys are.

I think people are just upset because this is a throwback to the more fantasy-oriented superhero movies/shows of the `90s. Nowadays, people want the serious, realistic, Nolan-esque stuff.

I remember people complaining about Batman: The Brave and the Bold being an adaptation of the campy `50-`60s comics and, yet, it turned out to be a popular show when folks gave it a chance.

That's how fanboys are.

B:TBATB is done well though. I don't think you can say the same about The Cape.

Based on BL's sig, I'll be killing a lot of kittens.

I never got why these things should be serious and realistic. It's a world where people run around at night dressed up, why should it be realistic?
Was, got canceled

There was no Life on Mars US.

I never got why these things should be serious and realistic. It's a world where people run around at night dressed up, why should it be realistic?

not serious or realistic...just know what you are...

I love 'The Phantom' (the one with Billy Zane) because it's a movie that knows what it is...it knows its full of cheese and doesn't try to be anything more than that....same thing with 'The Shadow', hell I even liked 'Judge Dredd'

'The Cape' seems to want to be taken seriously, but looks ridiculous in doing so

There was an American remake of the BBC series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787490/
There was no Life on Mars US
not serious or realistic...just know what you are...

I love 'The Phantom' (the one with Billy Zane) because it's a movie that knows what it is...it knows its full of cheese and doesn't try to be anything more than that....same thing with 'The Shadow', hell I even liked 'Judge Dredd'

'The Cape' seems to want to be taken seriously, but looks ridiculous in doing so

I'm not sure, it might be ok. Sure the older films knew they were cheese and didn't try to be anything else, but while this is try to be more it may be able to be more like the old style shows updated. Cheese for a new generation.

the saturday night syfy channel movies have cheese covered...them and The Asylum...Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those "Last Airbender" kind of things where tons of people will tune in just to see how bad it is from all this bad word of mouth.

Metacritic has it at an overall 56. Ill give it a go, some papers like chicago sun times gave it 75. The trailers all seems really cool, kinda surprised its gettin bad reviews.

I'm not hating it, but the pacing is way too fast. A lot of concepts that they should've taken more time to develope.

"WE ARE THE CARNIVAL OF CRIME!". I nearly died of laughter.

I'm not hating it, but the pacing is way too fast. A lot of concepts that they should've taken more time to develope.

I'm not sure if I hate it or love it... the pacing is driving me nuts though. Its going so fast that I feel like I'm missing something.

Last edited:
pacing is way too damn fast. also dont get why they are making the cape cgi the majority of the time.

Yeah, the pacing's fast, and that's really the only problem I have with it so far, but maybe this was the creators hearing all the complaints of other shows moving too slow, which is rather justified as it has been the death of many shows.

this is pretty bad. Has the pacing of Birds of Prey.

I see far too much Batman influence.

The Carnival Crime ring reminds me of the Jokerz. Orwell is essentially a version of Oracle that can walk. The Cape pretty much reminds me of Batman/Moon Knight.

My brother just said that its pretty much the light version of Batman

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"