The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks guys! Because its just a natural question that comes to mind whenever there's a superhero or villain that doesn't have an eye-catching, "flashy" power like Spider-man or Thor. A lot of friends ask me these types of questions, like what makes the Joker dangerous, etc.

I really appreciate Cap more because he's not a God of Thunder or a green rage monster.

Who do you guys think will be the one who delivers the game-winner, the victorious blow to Loki? Or will it be a team effort? In team-ups like this, how do the writers pick who is gonna be the real "Hero"? Of course, they're all heroes, but even still there's always the Hero among the heroes. IMO, the best candidate is obviously Steve Rogers, but Thor would also make sense as he's Loki's own brother.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Thor since it IS his brother like you said and stopping Loki is a part of his personal journey throughout the film.

That doesn't mean the rest of the members aren't going to have cool things to do because they're not just fight Loki, they're fighting an entire army.

Last edited:
I agree with your thought, but at the same time Whedon said that the Avengers is from Captain America's point of view, so in essence, the movie is Cap's story. Of course, its about all the Avengers, but it will all boil down to Steve Rogers' tragic story of being a man out of time, and how he overcomes this and leads the Avengers to save the world. So I think there is also a case to be made that Cap will be the one who does that last heroic action (though it may not be defeating Loki, it could be anything, possibly something to do with the cube)

In the Marvel Comics, did Stark ever have respect for Steve Rogers?

I wonder how Stark will have respect for Cap in the movie.

Oh yeah.
BIG TIME.
Just one example is during the "Red Zone" incident.
Cap was poisoned by Skull, and stopped breathing. Tony pulled of his own mask, knowing the mist would kill him, to give Steve CPR.
He reasoned that the sacrifice was worth it as Steve was, as he put it, more important than he was.
That story also had a GREAT fight, wherein the Black Panther Beat the Jaw of the Skull. (literally)

Oh yeah.
BIG TIME.
Just one example is during the "Red Zone" incident.
Cap was poisoned by Skull, and stopped breathing. Tony pulled of his own mask, knowing the mist would kill him, to give Steve CPR.
He reasoned that the sacrifice was worth it as Steve was, as he put it, more important than he was.
That story also had a GREAT fight, wherein the Black Panther Beat the Jaw of the Skull. (literally)

LOVED "Red Zone". (talk about fanfic fodder...)

There are numerous scans listed on LJ that show Cap and Iron Man's friendship from the very beginning. Tony's password for his suit for sometime was "Captain America". Tony always said that he's better with Cap by his side than without. If there was any doubt that Tony never respected Cap during their Civil War "divorce", there was The Confession, Tony's monologue about registration, knowing it would destroy their friendship, spoken next to Cap's body after his apparent assassination. Honestly, that story brought me to tears. It was years and years of history crammed into a few pages.

I really should go back and reread it.

LOVED "Red Zone". (talk about fanfic fodder...)

There are numerous scans listed on LJ that show Cap and Iron Man's friendship from the very beginning. Tony's password for his suit for sometime was "Captain America". Tony always said that he's better with Cap by his side than without. If there was any doubt that Tony never respected Cap during their Civil War "divorce", there was The Confession, Tony's monologue about registration, knowing it would destroy their friendship, spoken next to Cap's body after his apparent assassination. Honestly, that story brought me to tears. It was years and years of history crammed into a few pages.

I really should go back and reread it.

I just pressed the 'like' button on this.
:cwink:

Stark's always had the highest respect for Rogers that it basically presented itself in the form of jealousy/admiration .

scaled.php

Last edited:
I agree with your thought, but at the same time Whedon said that the Avengers is from Captain America's point of view, so in essence, the movie is Cap's story. Of course, its about all the Avengers, but it will all boil down to Steve Rogers' tragic story of being a man out of time, and how he overcomes this and leads the Avengers to save the world. So I think there is also a case to be made that Cap will be the one who does that last heroic action (though it may not be defeating Loki, it could be anything, possibly something to do with the cube)

He said much of the story is told from Cap's perspective because he's the guy that keeps the film grounded, that doesn't mean the movie is anymore Cap's story than the rest of the Avengers.

Ah Red Zone, brings back memories of when Geoff Johns was a good writer.

Stark gave Cap mouth to mouth CPR once to keep him alive. That's how much he loves/respects Steve Rogers. He open-mouth kissed him to help him survive :D .

watched Captain America again yesturday, still is as awesome as the first time I watched it. Evans really nails the role, and I hope he sticks on for a while.

Just want to say that I'm glad Whedon is presenting the Avengers movie narrative from Steve Roger's point of view. I hope to see Cap's sense of loneliness and being out of his elements and to see him emerge as the leader of the group since he is the First Avenger.

watched Captain America again yesturday, still is as awesome as the first time I watched it. Evans really nails the role, and I hope he sticks on for a while.

As someone who saw it 7 times in cinema and several more times on the blu-ray I agree. :yay::yay::yay:

If Cap's helmet looks this good throughout the film, I will be happy:
423804_327039087354104_126757470715601_891758_1950472160_n.jpg

This also makes me finally get why they went with the helmet rather than the cowl. It totally works.

Last edited:
Yes, that banner really makes not just his cowl acceptable, but his whole suit look incredible. The character looks great in that banner

I saw it once and was pretty decent. I didn't think much of Chris Evans after the FF movies. But as Capt. America he has won my respect.

I swear, it's only Captain America's Suit and Thor's suit that I feel like they have their fair share of moments where from certain angles and framing, it would look great, while other times, they wouldn't as much. I haven't had this issue with any one else's design or outfits so far.lol

I swear, it's only Captain America's Suit and Thor's suit that I feel like they have their fair share of moments where from certain angles and framing, it would look great, while other times, they wouldn't as much. I haven't had this issue with any one else's design or outfits so far.lol

I understand that being the case with Cap's costume, but Thor's suit looks pretty much the same from all angles.

I understand that being the case with Cap's costume, but Thor's suit looks pretty much the same from all angles.

I think it's the way that quality of the materials used for his armor comes off at times. Idk why, but at some angles and different lightings, it feels like his chest armor is a bit more plastic looking than metallic looking for my tastes..and his pants look better from certain lighting and angles for me imho.

I think it's the way that quality of the materials used for his armor comes off at times. Idk why, but at some angles and different lightings, it feels like his chest armor is a bit more plastic looking than metallic looking for my tastes..and his pants look better from certain lighting and angles for me imho.

That may be the case for set pics, but his armor looks fine in the trailers and official posters.

Those were some of the complains Thor's costume recieved before his solo film was release, but that wasn't the case in the final film though.

Last edited:
That may be the case for set pics, but I his armor looks fine in the trailers and official posters.

Those were some of the complains Thor's costume recieved before his solo film was release, but that wasn't the case in the final film though.
There was one part in his movie that I just cringe at every time thanks to his costume: the first time Loki knocks him down in their final fight, he just lays there for a second and slowly gets back up...the armor on his arm looks sooooo fake.

I have the same problem as herolee with his costume, tbh. Most of the time it looks great, but there are moments where it looks plastic as hell. Haven't seen any of those moments from the Avengers yet, though, so fingers crossed they noticed this in Thor and made changes accordingly.

There was one part in his movie that I just cringe at every time thanks to his costume: the first time Loki knocks him down in their final fight, he just lays there for a second and slowly gets back up...the armor on his arm looks sooooo fake.

I have the same problem as herolee with his costume, tbh. Most of the time it looks great, but there are moments where it looks plastic as hell. Haven't seen any of those moments from the Avengers yet, though, so fingers crossed they noticed this in Thor and made changes accordingly.

Agreed; also, in regards to Cap's cowl, and overall design regarding his neck area...I like it whenever I see the neck regain of his cowl formed on tight instead of just being presented as loose, almost like a hood in a sense, in some shots.

I mean here, it looks great:

42380432703908735410412.jpg

detail.jpg

But in pictures like this:

Cap-Hawkeye-Black-Widow-Avengers.jpg

Not really the biggest fan of how loose some certain areas around his costume appears as opposed to the way it's presented in the pictures above.

Again, it's not something that I consider a disaster or a tragedy, nor will it affect my viewing pleasure, just something that's somewhat of a quirk for me.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"