The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brie Larson is the hotter version of Brie Larson. :o

My hesitation with Emmanuel is that I've never once heard her do an American accent before and I really haven't been all that impressed by her acting in Game of Thrones or the snippets I've seen of her in the recent F&F films. I wouldn't be surprised if she's called in for auditions based on those roles though.
There are safer choices, that's for sure. Actresses who have actually already proven themselves.

I wouldn't mind Naomi Scott, but I doubt she's even in consideration for the role.

Now that Pattinson is confirmed, we might soon start hearing names for the rest of the cast.

tumblr_pqaov1YytF1uelgxao1_540.gif

tumblr_pqaov1YytF1uelgxao3_540.gif

I'd really love to see Zoe Kravitz take on the role.
I'm remaining open though, you never know what they are looking for.

I don't see Reeves going with a WOC for Selina sadly

There's always hope for that in GCS tho. Definitely seems like something Margot would push for

Screenshot_20190531-202228.jpg

Ryan Unicomb says Eiza Gonzalez is not in the mix for Catwoman.

Vanessa Kirby is the standout fancast this go around, I think.

Her turn in MI:Fallout was basically a 20 minute long audition tape for Selina and the more I revisit this scene in particular, the more impressed I am with some of her acting choices that spice up the character and give the White Widow an extra 'oomph' of personality. That small gasp that turns into an outright giddy grin when Ethan Hunt grabs her in and tries to sell himself as a monster?

Also while I don't disagree with Unicomb that Gonzalez probably won't get the role, I think he's said before that he's only heard Vanessa Hudgens' name and I doubt that they're anywhere close to being that far along in casting for Catwoman. We'll see what happens there.

Judging by her reaction, I don't think she's as far ahead for the job as the rumor would suggest. At best, she might have been a name on a list of possible actresses that Reeves and his casting team were interested in having audition for the part, but this isn't the behavior of someone far into the casting process.

Thank God.

Nothing against Kirby, but I wasn’t as impressed by her in MI as everyone else apparently was. She was barely even in the movie. Looks like she’ll have a lot more to do in Fast & Furious Presents Dwayne Johnson’s Ego, but I’m going to need to see something more than her jumpkicking people to convince me.

I know she was also on The Crown but I haven’t seen it, mainly because I’m sick of TV shows about British royalty.

Nothing against Kirby, but I wasn’t as impressed by her in MI as everyone else apparently was. She was barely even in the movie. Looks like she’ll have a lot more to do in Fast & Furious Presents Dwayne Johnson’s Ego, but I’m going to need to see something more than her jumpkicking people to convince me.

I know she was also on The Crown but I haven’t seen it, mainly because I’m sick of TV shows about British royalty.

For me, it was the combination of her in MI, what I've seen of her in The Crown and reading up on her past work in live theatre that impressed me on Kirby. She seems like a force to be reckoned with IMO.

I hope Alicia Vikander gets the part. She has connection with Warner Brothers via Tomb Raider and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. She will put weight on the film with her caliber, should elevate the materials with Pattinson. She won an Oscar for a drama role and she has the feline look for Catwoman. She was really believable in Tomb Raider and worked out well for that role. So Catwoman would be great for her.

For me, it was the combination of her in MI, what I've seen of her in The Crown and reading up on her past work in live theatre that impressed me on Kirby. She seems like a force to be reckoned with IMO.
Yeah she was excellent on The Crown (and very different from her M:I character). She's got the chops for sure. Definitely one of the best candidates, imo.

I kind of still want Nina Dobrev. Vanessa Kirby seems more like a Talia al Ghul.

I hope Alicia Vikander gets the part. She has connection with Warner Brothers via Tomb Raider and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. She will put weight on the film with her caliber, should elevate the materials with Pattinson. She won an Oscar for a drama role and she has the feline look for Catwoman. She was really believable in Tomb Raider and worked out well for that role. So Catwoman would be great for her.

Hmm. Aside from Ferguson and maybe Clarke, Vikander's arguably the most famous of the bunch (previous on-screen Catwomen have all had that popularity factor going for them, proving it's clearly important to the studio). That she has the looks and chops to match, and is no stranger to high-octane action sequences heavily works in her favor as well. Now, if I'm being honest, I'd still prefer someone else. (What can I say?) But I suppose that's irrelevant, as she more than ticks all the right boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"