The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of using Eiza Gonzalez for Catwoman. She has a very Catwoman looking face and has done action before. And would look great in a catsuit.

eiza_gonzalez_4.jpg
I'd definitely have no real complaints if they decided to cast Eliza, except, isn't she a bit young to be Affleck's on-off love-interest?

If they went with a more age-appropriate Hispanic actress, what about Eva Mendes?

I also like az824's choice of Ana de la Reguera, but would they go with such a relative unknown?

I hope Rosamund Pike will get the role of Catwoman. She is just perfect for that role. In Gone Girl Affleck and Pike had great chemistry.

I'd definitely have no real complaints if they decided to cast Eliza, except, isn't she a bit young to be Affleck's on-off love-interest?

If they went with a more age-appropriate Hispanic actress, what about Eva Mendes?

I also like az824's choice of Ana de la Reguera, but would they go with such a relative unknown?

I just watched A Place Beyond the Pines, and I also thought Eva would make a great Catwoman.

Either one would be great. I just think right now a Latina actress seems fitting (especially since it's Cuban-Italian in the comics now).

Eva Mendes as Selina Kyle/Catwoman to Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne/Batman is perfect

I just watched A Place Beyond the Pines, and I also thought Eva would make a great Catwoman.

Either one would be great. I just think right now a Latina actress seems fitting (especially since it's Cuban-Italian in the comics now).

It's actually pretty confusing. Prior to New 52, I recall Selina having two distinct origin stories. In one such tale, she was described as the daughter of Irish-American Brian Kyle and his Cuban-born wife Maria. In another, she was rumored to be the illegitimate daughter of Carmine and Louisa Falcone, both Italian-Americans.

Apparently, both origins were retconned with New 52, however, as it was revealed in Batman Eternal #23 that Selina's true father is none other than mob boss Rex "The Lion" Calabrese. That said, given her newfound surname, one could surmise that she still retains at least partial Italian lineage.

She can play the missing link between Keira and Eva.

Keira Knightley as Selina Kyle/Catwoman hey stranger choices have been chosen so

Christina Ricci anyone?

christina-ricci-bikini.jpg

She could use the comeback.

That's honestly not a reason in this role not to cast her or anyone. Plus... Better for a cat burglar to be tiny and squeeze through tight fits... Like a cat. :sly:

Ricci is too perfect for Harley, no?

Any security camera could catch Ricci’s forehead before the rest of her :p

For the Affleck DCEU version, I'm gonna go with Cate Blancett, especially after seeing her portrayal of Hella. She can be intimidating, physical, sexy, and sly at the same time.

She's such a good actress that I could actually see her easily pulling off any one of the many incarnations of Selina Kyle. She could also play Poison Ivy as well, but I like her more for Catwoman, reboot or not.

Blanchet could easily pull off the role in a very traditional noir style of they wanted to. Ricci feels like she'd be a fascinatingly daring take on the role, in part just because the idea of this tiny but skilled actress being Catwoman sounds very interesting. A Catwoman who's shorter than Harley but still comes off as the older sister, and who's more scrappy and flirty than imperious and cool could be very fun.

Blanchet could easily pull off the role in a very traditional noir style of they wanted to. Ricci feels like she'd be a fascinatingly daring take on the role, in part just because the idea of this tiny but skilled actress being Catwoman sounds very interesting. A Catwoman who's shorter than Harley but still comes off as the older sister, and who's more scrappy and flirty than imperious and cool could be very fun.

Here's my question... Would they be pals? Selina is burglar not a crazed killer. Harely is INSANE. She participates in enacting mass murder with her "Puddin", a world class freakshow serial killer by any measure.

Ever since I've seen Sucker Punch, She's literally the only woman I picture killing this role. She's too good for Affleck doh.
Abbie-Cornish-Feet-1231428.jpg

She's far from being the only one, but I definitely like Abbie Cornish. I was kinda hoping they'd cast her as Artemis in WW solo.

Maybe in your mind but not in the way I wanna see her be played.
Artemis is too small of a role. She be wasted in this part but I could totally see her in that role as well.

She’s got to be Snyder’s Black Canary, no?

Maybe in your mind but not in the way I wanna see her be played.
Artemis is too small of a role. She be wasted in this part but I could totally see her in that role as well.

Well Artemis wouldn't necessarily have to be that small of a role (she was even Wonder Woman for a while in the comics) if they had cast an actual actress instead of a boxer, but I get what you mean.

She’s got to be Snyder’s Black Canary, no?

:hehe: Pretty much.

I always had a thing for her... I have a thing for women with huskier voice and tomboy attitude in general. But that's not the only reason why I'd like to see her in DCEU, I like her as an actress and find that there's number of DC characters she would fit... Mera, Hawkgirl, Lois Lane, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"