The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_pni2h2aIAB1qgojgxo4_540.gif

tumblr_p78o3xFWXe1rkxut9o2_540.gif

To add more tinfoil onto the Sonoya casting. She was cast as the lead in Matt Reeves produced flick 'Mouse Guard' before Disney pulled the plug with the merger. So at some point bald Reeves had to have given his ok to her casting, so he is definitely familiar with her.

tumblr_inline_pdu6408q0V1sotmj4_400.gif

tumblr_phacvo9tJu1qch0kpo1_540.gif

To add more tinfoil onto the Sonoya casting. She was cast as the lead in Matt Reeves produced flick 'Mouse Guard' before Disney pulled the plug with the merger. So at some point bald Reeves had to have given his ok to her casting, so he is definitely familiar with her.

It'd be wild if both my Bruce and Selina fan-casts came to pass

I'm crossing my fingers. Last time a fancast thread got such a clear approval amongst everybody was Pattinson and well...

Let's hope we have the same luck this time.

On a semi-related note, Sonoya is also going to be the lead in Alex Garland’s upcoming mini-series Devs, which will probably give her a lot more exposure in the public eye as a lead actress. She’s on the rise career-wise and she’s got the sort of talent and acting approach that seems to appeal to Reeves.

Provided she’s interested and auditions, I think she’s got a very good shot at landing the role.

At this point any chick in her 20s or very early 30s is a contender. There is no "she don't feel like Catwoman" criteria when it comes to this role. The idea has always been any woman can be Catwoman, like any guy could be Batman.

Is she good in anything? Only asking because my only exposure to her is her silent role in Ex Machina...

That was my initial reaction when I first saw a friend suggest her about a week ago. But thinking on it more, Sonoya does give a legitimately great performance in Ex Machina despite her character being silent and not necessarily being an immediate thought of attention; in fact that's the whole point of her character there. I've seen a couple indie film critic sites note that Sonoya's basically a sort of acting chameleon and has this skill in transforming herself into all sorts of wildly different types of roles to perfectly meet what a director needs for a certain character or scene.

However to answer your question, Sonoya's been getting praise for other small/side roles she's done in more recent projects. Based on her being the lead of Garland's next project (the mini-series Devs) and her landing one of/the lead role in the Matt Reeves-produced Mouse Guard before Disney pulled the plug on the project, it seems like she's rising up the ranks to be a leading lady moving forward.

Would anyone add Sofia Boutella into their own lists ?
She was one of my first. Climax was such a slay, love her.

I can see her and Dakota winning a casting. But no one knows who goes for the rol Lol

source.gif

tumblr_pns9hd7dwO1qcukfgo2_500.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
She was one of my first. Climax was a slay, love her.

I see her and Dakota winning a casting. But no one knows who goes for the rol.

Dakota definitely still seems like a likely candidate to me, as does Vanessa Kirby and Sonoya Mizuno. Sofia obviously wouldn't be a bad choice either, but I'm not sure that she's quite in the age range Reeves is looking for or not.

Dakota definitely still seems like a likely candidate to me, as does Vanessa Kirby and Sonoya Mizuno. Sofia obviously wouldn't be a bad choice either, but I'm not sure that she's quite in the age range Reeves is looking for or not.
DPQOTB9W4AAeYyp

She is young and looks young and they would make a good couple, they are friends too. Taking rol ages literally is not how it always works in Hollywood and the acting world in general.
But I don't see her here because it seems that she is quiet, I don't know if she's taking some rest Idk
Don't mind Dakota, i'd love now. And I hadn't thought of her before lol but she can win a casting

Last edited:
Sofia is almost the same age as Jake Gyllenhaal. Gyllenhaal was ruled out for Batman because of his age. Sadly, she's not a likely choice at all.

At this point any chick in her 20s or very early 30s is a contender. There is no "she don't feel like Catwoman" criteria when it comes to this role. The idea has always been any woman can be Catwoman, like any guy could be Batman.
Eh.
No.
Not at all. Lol. Not any guy could be Bruce Wayne (which is why it was pretty damn hard to fancast him) . And definitely not any girl could be Selina Kyle. Are there a lot of actreses that could be good as Selina? Sure. But not everybody in Hollywood. I kinda get what you're saying in terms of symbolism and so on but it's one thing to metaphorically "be Catwoman" or "be Batman", it's another thing to be Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne.

She's great in Maniac! Speaking of Maniac, how the heck does Justin Theroux still not have a superhero role yet? Dude's jacked af and a great actor.

Agreed. Ironically enough, if we have to get a white James Gordon again (and we probably will), Theroux would make for an awesome choice for the role.

However, getting back to Catwoman... yeah, Sonoya Mizuno. Hopefully we get a proper trailer for Devs soon so we can see a bit more of her work. I actually find it a bit fascinating that Sonoya is now Alex Garland's most frequent collaborator. She's played key roles in both Ex Machina and Annihilation and is now the lead for his eight episode long mini-series. If nothing else, that alone seems to act as a huge vote of confidence for her capabilities as an actor.

Rooting for these names:

Vanessa Kirby
Ana de Armas
Dakota Johnson
Emma Stone
Sonoya Mizuno
Eiza Gonzalez

Eh.
No.
Not at all. Lol. Not any guy could be Bruce Wayne (which is why it was pretty damn hard to fancast him) . And definitely not any girl could be Selina Kyle. Are there a lot of actreses that could be good as Selina? Sure. But not everybody in Hollywood. I kinda get what you're saying in terms of symbolism and so on but it's one thing to metaphorically "be Catwoman" or "be Batman", it's another thing to be Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne.
Agree to disagree with that when you see the diverse stable of females that have played her over the years as well as the various portrayals in media. As long as they can portray flirty and sultry and aloof as well as powerful in their own right, it's a lock. It ain't rocket science.

There were only a handful of actresses that could play Burton's take on Catwoman.
There were only a handful of actresses that could play Nolan's take.
Heck, there were only a handful od actresees that could play young and adult Selina in Gotham
You probably can't just pick any actress whatsoever to play Reeves version as well

She's great in Maniac! Speaking of Maniac, how the heck does Justin Theroux still not have a superhero role yet? Dude's jacked af and a great actor.

She was in Maniac?! I completely missed that. Who did she play?

For me, in order, it would be along the lines of:

Jaimie Alexander
Gugu Mbatha Raw
Riley Keough (but she's my #2 pick for Ivy)
Evan Rachel Wood (but she's my #1 pick for Ivy)
Ana de Armas
Felicity Jones
Naomi Scott
Imogen Poots
Kaya Scodelario
Dakota Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"