The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Olivia Wilde/Emily Blunt posts have I missed?

I say Catwoman be a few years younger than Batman. Someone like Daneel Ackles
109417846_10.jpg

Someone from the Ackles household has to appear dammit!

Just seen Charlize Theron in The Hunstman: Winter's War. My... that woman has some screen presence.

If Snyder was casting her, i guarantee it would be Carla Gugino. No sarcasm here, i just really believe that. For what this universe has shown us so far, and knowing Zack's casting, i wouldn't mind it. But it won't be a Snyder film. It's an Affleck film. So it wouldn't fit as well, and i think Ben would cast somebody different. Theron could actually happen. Blunt too.

I don't really understand. What links Carla Gugino (whom I had to Google) with, say, Gal Gadot?

I don't really understand. What links Carla Gugino (whom I had to Google) with, say, Gal Gadot?
What the heck are you talking about? What does Catwoman have to do with Gadot?

I should have thought it was clear that I am asking you to explain the basis of the reasoning for your "guarantee" that Zack Snyder would cast Carla Gugino as Catwoman. I presume this draws on your observations of his prior casting choices, of which Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman would seem to be the closest analogue.

Oh, misunderstanding. When i said it fits with Zack's casting, i meant that he cast Carla Gugino in Watchmen and Suckerpunch. So he likes to cast her. There's a shorthand. And if you look at who she played in Suckerpunch, a Frank Miller-esque Selina wouldn't be far off.

She's also the voice from the Kryptonian ship.

Carla Gugino as Selina Kyle/Catwoman I can dig that

But would DC actually cast her though that's the thing

Why the love for her? Snyder has it. Who's to say Affleck has?

I think he means they already cast Gugino in a role... which was Keero or something like that.

Yes, I see that now. I thought that he was announcing Theron as Catwoman. :mad:

Oh, misunderstanding. When i said it fits with Zack's casting, i meant that he cast Carla Gugino in Watchmen and Suckerpunch. So he likes to cast her. There's a shorthand. And if you look at who she played in Suckerpunch, a Frank Miller-esque Selina wouldn't be far off.

He apparently also likes to cast Abbie Cornish.

Was that good? Saw the first one in cinema.

Below average. Theron isn't in it a whole lot, but is undoubtedly the best thing about the film.

Blunt is decent but her character is seriously under developed. The less said about Hemsworth and Chastain the better.

Batfleck IMO is being portrayed as an older and wiser Batman - sorta out of retirement. I wonder if he could be a direct connection to the Gotham (television) universe, and then they could make Catwoman (Selina Kyle) who was a bit older than Bruce in the series to be a bit older than Batman - then they could use . . .

Wait for this . . .

her lookalike - Michelle Pfeiffer!
HOW PERFECT IS THAT?

They could even do flashbacks of the Selena Kyle actress in the series evolving into Michelle Pfeiffer's new Selena Kyle!

Last edited:
Wiser? Hehe that's debatable.

Oh please God no. Don't tie that crapfest show into any movie universe.

Emily Blunt as Selina Kyle/Catwoman that is if Marvel do not snatch her up as Captain Marvel

Batfleck IMO is being portrayed as an older and wiser Batman - sorta out of retirement. I wonder if he could be a direct connection to the Gotham (television) universe, and then they could make Catwoman (Selina Kyle) who was a bit older than Bruce in the series to be a bit older than Batman - then they could use . . .

Wait for this . . .

her lookalike - Michelle Pfeiffer!
HOW PERFECT IS THAT?

They could even do flashbacks of the Selena Kyle actress in the series evolving into Michelle Pfeiffer's new Selena Kyle!

That's the worst idea I've ever heard for the Batman solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"