Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they are just other winter soldiers. Hmm..I must of read a post mistakenly. For some reason I thought they were clones of Bucky. OK..but whoever had them did they have an agenda on what they were going to do with them?

They were an elite hydra black ops squad that got injected with similar super soldier serums, which Bucky himself acquired.
Definitely not clones.

I had heard they were clones of Bucky too. Seems not though. Any clues on who these other Winter Soldiers are? More WW2 era thaw offs? Recent recruits? Feels like a wasted opportunity...a movie about some rogue WS's would be pretty good

They are not from WW2 era. They were transformed in the 80s (maybe early 90s)

Cool, thanks for answering. Does the film mention if they had done any missions? Or was it just Bucky doing everything?

The general idea is that they were locked up and frozen after they went through the process that made them into super soldiers. They were too unstable.
But before that they were used often. They were an elite hydra kill squad

This isn't specific to Civil War, but is the super soldier serum that Bucky (and the other WS and Blonsky) knockoff variation's of Cap's, or the full thing, just as good as Erskine's original? I've never been quite certain what they were going for there.

So it looks like Damon Poitier, who was the original actor for Thanos has some sort of minor role in this film in the Crossbones scene.

This isn't specific to Civil War, but is the super soldier serum that Bucky (and the other WS and Blonsky) knockoff variation's of Cap's, or the full thing, just as good as Erskine's original? I've never been quite certain what they were going for there.

As far as I can ascertain, going by performance and feats, Cap still has the best AND most stable variation of the serum.
Bucky was given his via Zola, who probably used Red Skull's unfinished but potent serum that was coursing through his veins.
Bucky's is stable, but probably not as "good" as Steves.
The serum Bucky stole from Howard to create the other Winter Soldiers seemed to be a better variant/derivation.
Unstable, but powerful.
Think 50s Cap.
I credit this due to the blood samples they took from Steve in TFA.
Basically Steve got "the good stuff" the way it was meant to be.

So did they just leave the other WS's alone in cryo? Or did they take them into custody? Or destroy them? The thing that's good about it is that if the Soldiers are still alive they can save it for a future film because no one ages in cryo. :D

What a good plot hopefully they remember it and it doesn't go to waste. Hell they could set them all loose in BP and have them reek havoc on Wakanda and make that part of the plot . Each with their own special weapon like Bucky has metal arm. :)

The thought of it makes me more hype than CW! If not that's also awesome cause then I can use the idea for some good fanfiction! :D

So did they just leave the other WS's alone in cryo? Or did they take them into custody? Or destroy them? The thing that's good about it is that if the Soldiers are still alive they can save it for a future film because no one ages in cryo. :D

What a good plot hopefully they remember it and it doesn't go to waste. Hell they could set them all loose in BP and have them reek havoc on Wakanda and make that part of the plot . Each with their own special weapon like Bucky has metal arm. :)

The thought of it makes me more hype than CW! If not that's also awesome cause then I can use the idea for some good fanfiction! :D

I haven't seen it, but it seems that the other Winter Soldiers were killed by Zemo. Bucky is the only one left, on ice in Wakanda.

And great idea for BP. I dig it. I'm wondering if BP will solve Bucky's mind control problem and bring him back to help in that movie. That'd be cool. They do seem to have at least two Avengers/supers in every solo earthbound movie. IM- Tony and Rhodey. IH had Tony. IM2, Rhodey and BW. Thor- Hawkeye. Cap 1- Bucky. IM3- Rhodey. Thor 2- it's broken here. I guess Loki impersonates Cap. Cap 2- Falcon, BW. Ant-Man- Falcon and Wasp. Hmm. Seems to reason BP will have somebody else at least cameo.

So it looks like Damon Poitier, who was the original actor for Thanos has some sort of minor role in this film in the Crossbones scene.

It's been known for a while. He's got a minor speaking role in a scene when Black Widows tracks him down in a chase.

Zemo shot all of them in the head. For all intents and purposes, they were throw-away characters because Zemo's sole plan was to turn Cap and Stark on each other.

I'm still not clear on why he needed them to chase out to Siberia to do that. In some ways it seemed superfluous.

Zemo shot all of them in the head. For all intents and purposes, they were throw-away characters because Zemo's sole plan was to turn Cap and Stark on each other.

I'm still not clear on why he needed them to chase out to Siberia to do that. In some ways it seemed superfluous.

I wasn't so clear on that either, but near as I can tell, he said he didn't want MORE of their kind in the world, and knew that he could at least take out these Super Soldiers with ease.
Plus, I guess that's where he figured he could isolate Cap, Bucky and Stark and have the footage of Bucky's mission, seeing as it was a Russian Cold War base. There DID seem to be a bit more animosity Zemo felt towards Cap. He commented on Cap actually having some green in his otherwise perfect blue eyes.
I wonder if it's because he blames Cap for the advent of super-humanity, being the original SuperSoldier everyone's been trying to recreate.
Again, aspects of Zemo and his plan seem to be the weak point of the film. But films can be forgiven this as long as, the narrative holds together, and it's across the board enjoyable.
Winter Soldier was definitely the Stronger narrative film.
Civil War might be slightly more enjoyable.
As it Stands, I'm having a hard time trying to rank which one I like better.

Yeah what an awesome idea. Wasted opportunity.

Cannot remember if Howard and Bucky actually met in the First Avenger but did Howard recognize Bucky at all?

And how did Howard get his hands on some serum? Was this just a side project he was working on or was it in conjunction with a SHIELD project.

Was there any Bucky-is such a ridiculous name- jokes in the movie? Cannot imagine Falcon not coming up with at least one. If not then THAT was also a wasted opportunity.

Last edited:

Darn nabbit. Such a good possible future plot wasted....still gonna write a story about it tho :funny:

And how did Howard get his hands on some serum? Was this just a side project he was working on or was it in conjunction with a SHIELD project.
Maybe we'll see it in Agent Carter. Come to think of, I'd love to see Bucky in Agent Carter.

For those who've seen the movie and saw the recent TV spot with Spidey in it: how long is that particular scene with the Winter Soldier? Is Falcon involved in that fight too?

Is Hawkeye firing Ant-Man in this picture?

Cg8ezQzWwAANzLa.jpg

I assumed that the video of what Bucky had done only existed in that facility.
That was my interpretation anyway.
Zemo knew how it had gone down. But documents and testimony from hydra agents would not have had the same effect on Stark as seeing that video.

For those who've seen the movie and saw the recent TV spot with Spidey in it: how long is that particular scene with the Winter Soldier? Is Falcon involved in that fight too?
It's just a few minutes long.
It's Falcon and Bucky vs Spidey.

SO what I have read thru the thread everyone seems to have liked Bucky and Falcon interacting, brought out some funny moments. Do they have a bit of an antagonistic relationship? Like new BFF meets old BFF and some jealousy comes across?

SO what I have read thru the thread everyone seems to have liked Bucky and Falcon interacting, brought out some funny moments. Do they have a bit of an antagonistic relationship? Like new BFF meets old BFF and some jealousy comes across?

Yup
that's pretty much it

Again, aspects of Zemo and his plan seem to be the weak point of the film. But films can be forgiven this as long as, the narrative holds together, and it's across the board enjoyable.
Winter Soldier was definitely the Stronger narrative film.
Civil War might be slightly more enjoyable.
As it Stands, I'm having a hard time trying to rank which one I like better.

I think you nail it all right here. It's essentially why I like Winter Soldier as a film a little bit more. There's less that needs to be "forgiven" in lieu of the enjoyment factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"