Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second after credits scene is spiderman. Well...kind of disappointed with that spoiler. Its not that I don't love Spider-man but was hoping for a Doc Strange tie in or even an IW or GotG one. So in reality in my way of thinking they usually have a fun after credit scene with no real significance and a scene which pushes forward a storyline connection . My thought is that the bucky scene must be more significant than I realized. With it being BP there guessing we will see Bucky or what is transpiring with his storyline more in BP then. just a guess

I would rate the film a 10, loved it so much and wanna see it again.

I wanna say the airport scene is my favorite sequence but I just love that chase scene, it was amazing from beginning to end. Bucky was unstoppable blocking bullets, plus that motorcycle spot :hmr:

Just came out of an IMAX screening.

Easily the best Marvel movie ever. Honestly even though there's some cheese I think this is a contender for best superhero movie ever.

The story is tight and never feels cluttered. The characters are faced with intense emotional hurdles and choices?

The twist that the Civil War doesn't end up being about registration but rather personal vengeance was great. It was built up perfectly in Cap 2.

Spidey and Black Panther were incredible and Scarlet Witch and Vision were given a chance to shine that they weren't afforded in AoU.

At first I felt let down by Zemo. He had glimmers of his Nazi heritage in the green eyes comment, but ultimately I understood why they altered him. He was made into a poignant driving force for the story, his character serves to set up the true villain which is the pit of vengeance that can control men. Bucky is burdened by Hydra programming which can rob him of his self control, but ultimately it's Tony who loses his self control and tries to hurt his friend and murder another man.

Yet the door is still open to explore Zemo's comic accurate origin. The character actually reminded me a bit of Frank Caslte from Ennis' 'Punisher kills the Marvel Universe' in that that he was a regular guy driven by vengeance brought about by superhero collateral damage. It was a bit strange that his obsession was Cap though and not Tony who was more responsible for Sokovia.

Overall this film is a triumph. 8 years of careful planning and lovingly crafted spectacle has brought us to this climax. The film juggles many characters, but the amazing feat is how it juggles serious adult themes, brutal and fast paced action with emotional character resonance and humour.

They could have ended the MCU here and it would have been a perfect send off. Instead they gave an already healthy franchise a shot of adrenalin or more aptly a super soldier serum.

9.5 out of 10.

Last edited:
Does Spidey interact with Vision?

Not really. There is a hilarious moment where Antman does though. Vision phases through Giant Man and Scott freaks out.

Spidey also jokingly cracks the fourth wall by complaining that Caps shield in no way obeys the laws of physics.

The second after credits scene is spiderman. Well...kind of disappointed with that spoiler. Its not that I don't love Spider-man but was hoping for a Doc Strange tie in or even an IW or GotG one. So in reality in my way of thinking they usually have a fun after credit scene with no real significance and a scene which pushes forward a storyline connection . My thought is that the bucky scene must be more significant than I realized. With it being BP there guessing we will see Bucky or what is transpiring with his storyline more in BP then. just a guess

The first credits scene was good in that it set up how T'Challa has taken Tony Starks role as the benefector of the Avengers initiative.

The first credits scene was good in that it set up how T'Challa has taken Tony Starks role as the benefector of the Avengers initiative.

I like that it really furthers the set up of T'Challa as a very important character moving forward.

ooh okay I deleted

Thanks @TalismanRing

I didn't know

Last edited:
Borden delete that before you get banned. That kind of material is not allowed.

latest

So you're saying we'll be getting this is the Spidey solo film?! :wow: :D

I never want to hear concerns about if a Marvel movie has too many characters ever again.

To those of you who have also watched the film, please help me out.
Have you seen this part of the airport battle sequence? 0:15-0:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmfJICKbTBc
Cause I swear I didn't see any part with Black Panther protecting Vision from an incoming truck. :/ Maybe they deleted that part in our country...

To those of you who have also watched the film, please help me out.
Have you seen this part of the airport battle sequence? 0:15-0:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmfJICKbTBc
Cause I swear I didn't see any part with Black Panther protecting Vision from an incoming truck. :/ Maybe they deleted that part in our country...

Nah I remember that part was in it. It was after Antman turns into Giantman and starts kicking and throwing stuff around.

can someone who saw the movie send me a PM what the After Credits Scene Included ?

A big portion of the 2nd "post-credits" scene is on the TomHollandsSpidey Instagram account. Heavy spoilers obviously!

can someone who saw the movie send me a PM what the After Credits Scene Included ?

You can post spoilers in here no PMs required.

Sequence 1 - In an advanced futuristic lab, we see Bucky getting ready to willingly go back into cryo stasis while Cap and T'Challa watch. The camera goes out the window to reveal that they are in Wakanda.

Sequence 2. Spiderman discovering his Spidey Signal projector on his webshooter whilst trying to hide it from Aunt May.

One little qualm I had was that it would have been nice to see some familiar faces in the Raft behind bars.

A cameo by Tim Roth as Abomination would have been cool.

Now that I think about it Abomination is really the only superpowered villain left alive on Earth, not counting television series.

It's no wonder the raft was empty lol. The Marvel movies keep killing their bad guys.

Loved the film... But, wow, it was like a Christmas diner, you just feel so full afterwards. I will definitely see it again but it'll take a few days to take in all I saw and felt.
I cared so much for the characters, Bucky vs Panther and Cap vs Iron Man... Damn.

Oh yeah, it's brutal. A bit like how Cap treats vampires... ;)

One little qualm I had was that it would have been nice to see some familiar faces in the Raft behind bars.

A cameo by Tim Roth as Abomination would have been cool.

Now that I think about it Abomination is really the only superpowered villain left alive on Earth, not counting television series.

It's no wonder the raft was empty lol. The Marvel movies keep killing their bad guys.

It's been mentioned on Agents of Shield that he is locked up somewhere else. Alaska or something if I recall correctly so. That answers that and why there was nobody in the raft.

Hi. CA:CW opens this week, April 28th, in my country. A week earlier than the US.

I will be watching it tomorrow and will come back to post my review and thoughts on the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"