Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand if someone doesn't like a movie or it's characters but sees it 3 times :huh: makes no sense to me

I loved the movie really loved black panther and I wasn't expecting to and again I hated that crossbones was literally a throw away villain but surprised how sorry I felt for Tony when people ask why RDJ gets paid what he does refer to the 3rd act of this movie he was phenomenal

This movie is already successful and for the vast majority of us who enjoyed it that can't be taken away in the slightest.

Nobody is trying to take it away from you.

You guys really need to knock this stuff off. People are going to have differing opinions - yes specifically people who may or may not be bigger DC fans.

Grow up already.

Nobody is trying to take it away from you.

You guys really need to knock this stuff off. People are going to have differing opinions - yes specifically people who may or may not be bigger DC fans.

Grow up already.

Grow up yourself sport. Point blank, You don't know what you are talking about.

I am not talking about those who genuinely have a different opinion and genuinely dislike it, that's cool. I don't expect everyone to agree and I can imagine some hating the film because they simply don't like it. To them, I say "OK". People can discuss, argue whatever.

There are a few though where that's painfully not the case, and it's transparent as glass and they may use eloquent words, but they are not genuine and again is obvious.

All I essentially said to others, was don't let them get to you.

If you have a problem with that, I could not care less.

Last edited:
Grow up yourself sport. Point blank, You don't know what you are talking about.

I am not talking about those who genuinely have a different opinion and genuinely dislike it, that's cool. I don't expect everyone to agree and I can imagine some hating the film because they simply don't like it. To them, I say "OK". People can discuss, argue whatever.

There are a few though where that's painfully not the case, and it's transparent as glass and they may use eloquent words, but they are not genuine and again is obvious.

All I essentially said to others, was don't let them get to you.

If you have a problem with that, I could not care less.

You're advising others to not let it get to them? That's ironic because it's clearly getting to you and at this point it's simply an accusation.

Don't be rabid fan. You have nothing personally at stake.

You're advising others to not let it get to them? That's ironic because it's clearly getting to you.

Don't be rabid fan. It's not a good look.

You speak easily from ignorance. Your attempt to twist things is, very, very weak. Also transpanant

Feel free to talk to yourself, I'm not going to bother engaging with you because that's what you want and I actually value my time.

From here out, you're blocked.

Feel free to talk to yourself.

Your attempt to twist things is, very, very weak. Also transpanrent.

Feel free to talk to yourself, I'm not going to bother engaging with you because that's what you want and I actually value my time.

From here out, you're blocked.

Feel free to talk to yourself.

The chicken thing to do. Not surprised. :whatever:

:pcg:7pm can't get here soon enough..

It will be here before you know it!

:up:

If I enjoy this even half as much as Deadpool, it will be a good deal.

And we STILL have three more comic movies for the rest of the year...great time to be a fan.

Enjoy guys!!

Hey unrelated note...my friend just told me I am wrong and there are 4 comic movies left after Civil War...

We have X-Men:Apocolypse, Suicide Squad and Dr Strange left...what am I missing? Those are the only comic movies left this year I can remember...

EDIT: She was thinking Gambit was still coming out because of something she read.

Last edited:
Going in 2 hours!! How many after credit scenes are there???

https://twitter.com/WaltHickey/status/728337227432996864

We Give Captain America 4-To-1 Odds Against Winning The Civil War
“Who would win?” is one of the more fun, divisive debates that fans have — in sports, sure, but also in comic books and movies. And with “Captain America: Civil War” — a film that pits a whole bunch of costumed heroes against one another — taking that question to its logical conclusion this weekend, this is a great time to take a stab at figuring out which Avengers would actually win in a fight. There’s a vast amount of discussion on the internet about superhero matchups, but the kind of rigor that is applied to the question of “who would win” in the sports world isn’t used in the debate surrounding fictional characters who punch one another.1

So we jumped into this minefield, with the full intention of objectively doing it right. None of that cowboy “I think Hawkeye could totally beat Black Panther” crap I tried to pull during March Madness last year. I turned to the wisdom of the crowd,2 controlling for notoriety to ensure that this wasn’t some gauche popularity contest. For some help, I reached out to friend-of-the-site James England, who by day is the chief technology officer at 321Forms but by night maintains a college football analytic system and develops killer Oscar predictions. He set up a site that asked users to identify which of 14 Avengers3 they were familiar with, then cycle through matchups of those Avengers and identify the likely winner of a fight between the two.
We got 1,158 FiveThirtyEight social media followers to weigh in on 47,503 head-to-head matchups. Here’s how the matchups break down according to our respondents:

hickey-avengers-extra.png
More here:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/captain-america-civil-war-who-would-win/

Last edited:
Going in 2 hours!! How many after credit scenes are there???

I heard there was one mid and one after credits, so two.

(I'm hoping that for US they slipped in a third, but I doubt it)

Last edited:
In the theater in my seat! Let's do it! :woot:

Mid-credits: Steve talking with Black Panther about letting Bucky stay in cryo-stasis in Wakanda until they can permanently purge the Hydra mind control from him. BP's response to people possibly coming for him? "Let them try." Camera then moves to a shot of a lush jungle landscape and then focuses on a big panther statue in a really nice shot.

Post-credits: Peter in his room recovering from the fight as Aunt May checks up on him. To explain the bruises, he says that he got into a fight with "Steve from Brooklyn" and his "really huge friend". After May leaves, Pete activates a device that Tony gave him, which flashes a light shaped like the Spider-Man mask. Cut to black screen with "Spider-Man will return". End.

^^ It's called the spider-signal. :o

I don't understand if someone doesn't like a movie or it's characters but sees it 3 times :huh: makes no sense to me

I loved the movie really loved black panther and I wasn't expecting to and again I hated that crossbones was literally a throw away villain but surprised how sorry I felt for Tony when people ask why RDJ gets paid what he does refer to the 3rd act of this movie he was phenomenal

That look he gives Steve as Cap buries his shield into his chest plate armour was first class acting.

Did anyone else catch that Black Panther had his own theme music throughout the film?

Another cool thing to note was that Wakandan tech is so good that Tony couldn't even detect T'Challa ship that was flying right behind him, or T'Challa body heat signature in Siberia.

Yeah i caught that today. So any things that's easy to miss the first couple of times, although I picked up on BP's theme on my first viewing....that opening flute sounding note.

I'm just a bit bummed that BP doesn't have his own jet, like in one of the LEGO sets. ;)

The shot of Tony suiting up in his Helicopter was cool as ****. We're getting closer and closer to the bleeding edge armour guys.:hmr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"