The Cobra Commander

Silver Lantern

comic nerd
Reaction score
Hey guys.. I have been wondering to this day that there is no pics or any information much about the main baddie Cobra Commander. I would hope to see a pic of him in costume and hopefully they do him right like the raspy voice wearing the face mask of velvet and helmet. Is there any leads or anyone want to know more about him.

mate there is no info about this movie at all at the moment so dont expect much to be honest all we have got is a few pics thats all

I don't think they'll start the real promotion for this film until November. That's when I can see us getting a glimpse of Cobra Commander.

I think Cobra Commander will be kept under wraps for a majority of the marketing very similar to Megatron when Transformers was being promoted.

I've heard

Cobra Comander is Rex, baroness's brother and Duke's best friend. He is a medic, and ends up getting scarred during a war, where Duke should be watching his back. Everyone thinks he's dead, but he continues alive, working for the MARS organization as ''The Doctor'' and slowly brainwashing everyone to serve to his plans. On the ending, he takes control of the organization, renames it as Cobra and becomes it's commander.

UM shouldnt he be a used car salesman from IL?

I've heard

Cobra Comander is Rex, baroness's brother and Duke's best friend. He is a medic, and ends up getting scarred during a war, where Duke should be watching his back. Everyone thinks he's dead, but he continues alive, working for the MARS organization as ''The Doctor'' and slowly brainwashing everyone to serve to his plans. On the ending, he takes control of the organization, renames it as Cobra and becomes it's commander.

Read the exact same thing. There are a few sites out there that claim to have read the shooting script and have done some reviews.

It seems like Rex won't actually become Cobra Commander until the end of the film. He's pulling the strings of the group that the Joes battle but we don't find out who it is until the end. And even then, according to the scrip it's just him in a suit with the Cobra logo saying something like, 'Hail Cobra'. Doesn't put on the hood or the battle mask. Destro doesn't get the mask until the very end of the film, either.

But isnt that destros scottish clan mask? Does he just start wearing it out of spite of J.I. Joe? And wasnt Destro Just an arms dealers that was giving Cobra discounts because he was nailing the baroness ? But as long as they NEVER mention Cobra La ill be happy.

The Cobra Commander's make-up was created by Kazuhiro Tsuji - perhaps the greatest prosthetic make-up artist working today!

Thanks for the article, Project862006.

I'm now, more than ever curious of what the Commander's mask will look like. Lorenzo di Bonaventura said it won't be the hood. I don't know if I should be worried or excited for the 'new' mask.

I am loving what he said about Gordon-Levitt's voice. That ''Gordon-Levitt will leave his own vocal stamp on Cobra Commander.''

cobra commander shouldn't be related to duke at all. i don't read the comics, but if he is really his brother thats stupid

Your right, that would be stupid.

However, read the above spoilers again - CC isn't Dukes brother, but [BLACKOUT]the Baronesses'[/BLACKOUT]

ok. that doesn't bother me.:word:

Damn, I really wanted the car salesmen down on his luck commander who becomes sick with America and tries to take over.

well that sounds kinda corny to me.

It's alot better than the rumors. Look it up on wiki it's pretty cool really.

In relation to the rumors, why would making Cobra Commander Duke's good friend as opposed to Snake Eyes' be such a bad thing?

cause duke is less mysterious, and we can see his face.

Also they wont be using the hood because according ot Bonaventura it is "to KKK".

Don't be so quick my friend, apperently it is going to be an all new look for Cobra Commander

Heres the article :

We know Joseph Gordon-Levitt is excited for his role as Cobra Commander in “G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra,” but just what exactly can we expect from his take on the iconic character? While viewers of the cartoon know the figure as a more whimsical evildoer, fans of the comic — used to a bombastic terrorist who entombed his own son — are feverishly hoping their version of the Cobra leader is the one that makes it on-screen. Thankfully, it sounds like they’ll get their wish.

“As we see it, he’s a very twisted character,” producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura exclaimed to MTV News, telling us the key to Cobra Commander lies in his gritty past…and that we’ll see every grimy piece of it. “As the backstory evolves, you discover why his personality [is like that].”

While stopping short of drawing parallels between Gordon-Levitt’s PG-13 villain and that of Heath Ledger’s terrifying Joker, di Bonaventura does find one noteworthy comparison. “I thought what was great in ‘The Dark Knight’ was that Heath kept telling you different stories [about his past] so you never knew what it was, and they were all spooky and crazy. [In our film] you get to see it, and you get to understand what’s happened to this guy.”

While the film will draw from the comics for inspiration, di Bonaventura revealed that there’s one aspect from the cartoon that will carry over…the character’s unique voice. While it won’t exactly match the classic high-pitched wail from the show, the producer says Gordon-Levitt will leave his own vocal stamp on Cobra Commander. “He has an interesting voice. He definitely has a take-off on that. I actually found the voice a little weak in the show…I’m sure I’ll get killed for saying that. I don’t know, it always seemed kind of silly. Hopefully we’re going to be a little more menacing.”

And while the character is widely known for his blue mask, don’t expect that to necessarily carry over in whole either. “We’ll see Cobra Commander in the Cobra mask [but] it will not be like the show,” said di Bonaventura, who also promised they aren’t going to the comics for that one either. “I found some of the [mask] aspects a little KKK for me,” he said, “so we tried to steer away from that image. We thought that might be a little much.”

See? No faceplate like the cartoon and no hood like the comics = B.S.!

they said we get the mask, but it wouldn't be like the cartoon. that could just mean he doesn'tt put it on til the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"