The Cobra Commander

My kind of thing is, like I want to see Cobra now.

Like we obligatorily have to wait until a second movie in order to get Cobra in full force. But what if this movie doesn't do well? Then we won't see Cobra.

so basically, they're starting w/ a prequel if you think about it. cuz it won't be full gi joe vs cobra until the next movie. right?

Pretty much.

Latino Review calls it GI JOE Begins though.

Are you serious? Like what? They gonna show the cobra army at end of the movie? :cmad::cmad::cmad:

so does this movie end on a dark note with the Joe team being down and out and defeated and the rise of the Cobra organization? that would be pretty badass.

Destro's shadowy, masked boss. Levitt signed on because he was given pictures of Cobra Commander and decided it would be fun to play a larger-than-life villain. Levitt is a friend of Tatum and they co-starred in Stop-Loss and Havoc. His casting provided extra incentive for Tatum to join the film. USA Today reported Levitt is playing "multiple roles". Like Quaid, Levitt filmed all his scenes in California. Levitt described his vocal performance as being half reminiscent of Chris Latta's voice for the 1980s cartoon, but also half his own ideas, because he felt rendering it fully would sound ridiculous. He will wear a new mask, as the crew found the original too reminiscent of the Ku Klux Klan, and prosthetic makeup underneath the mask.[23][24]

so does this movie end on a dark note with the Joe team being down and out and defeated and the rise of the Cobra organization? that would be pretty badass.

until it bombs, and the franchise ends w/ cobra winning:cmad:

(hey, it could happen. but i doubt it though.)

I really need to see a trailer first....I can't even get a feel for how this is going to be

Destro's shadowy, masked boss. Levitt signed on because he was given pictures of Cobra Commander and decided it would be fun to play a larger-than-life villain. Levitt is a friend of Tatum and they co-starred in Stop-Loss and Havoc. His casting provided extra incentive for Tatum to join the film. USA Today reported Levitt is playing "multiple roles". Like Quaid, Levitt filmed all his scenes in California. Levitt described his vocal performance as being half reminiscent of Chris Latta's voice for the 1980s cartoon, but also half his own ideas, because he felt rendering it fully would sound ridiculous. He will wear a new mask, as the crew found the original too reminiscent of the Ku Klux Klan, and prosthetic makeup underneath the mask.[23][24]

KKK? it funny because I was watching the tv series evryday and iT never comes to my mind until you mention it that Cobra Commander looks like a KKK. I dont mind the blue mask . I mean that s what he was wearing most of the time.

Fullview_COBRA_COMMANDER.png

I don't know why everyone 's bringing up the whole KKK angle of CC's hood. Cobra is supposed to be hated group. The KKK is a hated group. Seems like a good fit to me.

One is a whimisical and fantast based type of terrorists...the other hung people from trees because they were black....

Yeah, and I guess they should've changed "The Two Towers" to something else just incase it may have offended someone. Give me a break.

Cobra Commander hung his own son from a flag pole because he was his son . . . and not a bad guy.

I like that new cover. But Im not sure about this guy. He doesnt look like Destro To me.

I like that new cover. But Im not sure about this guy. He doesnt look like Destro To me.

I'm kind of worried as well, but Eccleston is a great actor, and plays a good villain. Interested to see him with the mask actually ON though. :cmad:

I still think they should've cast Vosloo for Destro.

One is a whimisical and fantasy based type of terrorists...the other

was Cobra.

LMAO

Sorry but it was to good an opening lol

Thanks for the article, Project862006.

I'm now, more than ever curious of what the Commander's mask will look like. Lorenzo di Bonaventura said it won't be the hood. I don't know if I should be worried or excited for the 'new' mask.

I am loving what he said about Gordon-Levitt's voice. That ''Gordon-Levitt will leave his own vocal stamp on Cobra Commander.''

Same for me...Since I red this article I Cant wait to see the design of Cobra comander Mask. I am a fan of origins, the explanation of character origin is some time the best part in a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"