The CW developing "The Tomorrow People" remake

The fact that the one network that claims to take social media and online stuff the most seriously has yet to release full trailers for their new series, when the other four already have, is pretty ridiculous.

It already annoys me that it looks like the main guy will be the "special" one who has more than 1 power.

It annoys me. It isn't called "Main guys name!" its called TTP.

I'll take "Weird Things To Be Annoyed By" for $200, Alex.

2whe33n.gif

2il2dc.gif

This is on after Arrow isn't it? So the Amell cousins can promote it together how sweet.

07qfight.gif

Yeah, Wednesday will basically be The CW's Amell night/Superhero night.

tumblr_luqeo6Vagw1qgmsun.gif

They really should do what theWB did with their actors on the sound stage and image campaigns.

Official Full Trailer:
[YT]JwXVsRUi53k[/YT]
Took you long enough, CW.

It already annoys me that it looks like the main guy will be the "special" one who has more than 1 power.

That bothered me for a second, but it turns out they all have multiple powers. As is, he's just "the chosen one" which is a bit more workable. Still, people used to dealing with superpowers shouldn't look at you do something new and say, jaws agape "That's impossible!"

To be honest, I'm not hooked by the trailer but I will give it a shot.

Im disappointed to hear that the pilot starts out good but goes down hill as it continues. Hopefully it is just growing pains and the episodes get better as they go along.

I don't know, I've heard pretty good things about it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/17/comic-con-reviews-the-tomorrow-people/
Comic-Con reviews 'The Tomorrow People': Fans say...
by EW staff on Jul 17, 2013 at 11:41PM

The Tomorrow People, a sci-fi action series about a group of genetically mutated (and attractive!) young adults starring Robbie Amell, was shown today at San Diego Comic-Con as part of the annual Warner Bros. Television pilot screening event. In fact, the event kicked off what’s going to be a packed line-up of fun going on through Sunday. (See all the action here.)

So what did the crowd have to say?

EW sampled some of the reactions to the show, which is based off the British series that aired in the ’70s. Though, it’s worth noting, that much of the audience polled weren’t familiar with the original series, which audience member Nonie Kimpitak thinks won’t count against the upcoming CW show in any way, as it is an easy world to jump into. “I think, at this point, there are a lot of remakes and most people aren’t aware that there are originals to anything, and it still works.”

Meanwhile, she adds: ”I thought it was pretty good. It’s a little reminiscent of Heroes and Alphas … it was pretty interesting.”

Robert Godwin, who also attending the 6:30 p.m. screening, said Mark Pellegrino, who plays Dr. Jedikiah Price, head of Tomorrow People-hating paramilitary group Ultra, was a highlight. But Godwin hopes star Amell uses future episodes to “get more into the role and the character.”

Elsewhere, Sanehpal Sira said the fast-paced storylines appealed to him, and while he had some concerns, the biggest indicator of the show’s quality is that the pilot kept his attention. “It was entertaining enough to where I sat through the whole thing and didn’t leave. And here, you’re at Comic-Con, there are so many things to see. The fact that we stayed for the whole thing is a good sign.”

TV viewers will have their chance to weigh in on the show when it airs on the CW Oct. 9, and Comic-Con attendees will have a second chance to see the show when it screens before The Tomorrow People panel, taking place Saturday from 5:55-6:55 p.m. in Room 6BCF.

'Veronica Mars' alum Jason Dohring to seek revenge on 'Tomorrow People' -- EXCLUSIVE

Jason Dohring has been nabbed for an ultra cool role on The Tomorrow People.

EW has learned exclusively that Dohring, well known for playing swoon-worthy Logan on Veronica Mars, has been tapped to guest star on the upcoming CW sci-fi drama as Killian McCrane, a former paranormal operative who once worked with John (Luke Mitchell) at Ultra, the paramilitary group that hunts down the Tomorrow People. In the episode, airing later this year, we learn Killian went off the grid but has resurfaced to exact revenge. Dohring, who in the role will reunite with onetime VMars writer and Tomorrow People exec producer Phil Klemmer, will appear in the fourth episode of the show’s freshman season, premiering Oct. 9.

Recently, the actor wrapped production on the much-buzzed-about Veronica Mars movie, the first footage of which was screened last month at Comic-Con in San Diego.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/07/jason-dohring-tomorrow-people/

:awesome::up:

Also...
http://tvline.com/2013/08/08/the-tomorrow-people-season-1-cast-al-sapienza-caras-dad/
Tomorrow People Scoop: Person of Interest Actor Fathers Super-Powered Daughter
BY VLADA GELMAN

The CW is giving one of its Tomorrow People a dad.

The new drama has tapped Al Sapienza (Person of Interest, House of Cards) to play the father of Peyton List’s character, Cara, TVLine has learned.

Sapienza — whose recent TV credits include guest spots on Arrow, Golden Boy and Blue Bloods — appears in Episode 3 as Dennis Coburn.

The Tomorrow People (premiering Oct. 9 at 9/8c) follows a group of teens and young adults from around the world who possess powers of teleportation, telepathy and telekinesis.

For those who've never even seen the original, here you go:

[YT]7mixZQughd0[/YT]
[YT]81HuzUhMozw[/YT]
[YT]x_uMj8nHCZE[/YT]
[YT]nUpEsOcuiao[/YT]
[YT]tkcMKUvea6c[/YT]
[YT]NnUecWvkY4M[/YT]
[YT]s_yXEhKWGZA[/YT]
[YT]cW-U8fdvpkQ[/YT]

Now remember, this is British Sci-Fi from the 70s, so a whole lot of you will think its corny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"