The CW eyes The Vampire Diaries spinoff "The Originals"

tumblr_oc49k75Gun1rlvdl7o1_500.png

tumblr_oc49k75Gun1rlvdl7o2_500.png

Season premiere is the week after TVD's series finale. They knew this would be midseason and that TVD would have a shorter run of episodes than usual, so I wonder if they'll acknowledge the events of TVD's ending when the show starts up again. Wonder if surviving castmembers might pop in.

I'm on season 4 of my TVD rewatch and I'm kind of stunned at how weak Tonkin's American accent used to be.

Just occasionally. Early on, it almost sounded like she was fading back and forth between American and Australian. Kind of like the girl playing Sybil on TVD now.

tumblr_oj9lf8xuxm1vocyj1o1_1280.jpg

http://tvline.com/gallery/tv-spoilers-2017-season-premieres-photos/#!24/winter-tv-preview-originals/
THE ORIGINALS

Spoiler alert: The Mikaelsons will eventually escape their psychic prison, triggering a long-awaited reunion between Hayley and Elijah that will serve as “one of the emotional cores of the season,” teases executive producer Michael Narducci. Complicating that relationship further will be Hayley’s daughter Hope, who “definitely shares her mother’s street smarts, but may or may not also display some of her father’s temper and willingness to do whatever it takes to protect her family.” Speaking of Klaus, “one of the great journeys of the season” will be his reckoning with Marcel — and there is “hope of healing some wounds.” Elsewhere, Freya will finally get a new love interest, setting the stage for an “emotional struggle [which] opens up a whole new dimension to the character.” (One final treat: Narducci promises we’ll get Claire Holt “for about half the season. Rebekah has an incredible journey to go on.”)

RETURN DATE: Friday, March 17 at 8/7c (The CW)

CW boss weighs in on future of The Originals
When The Vampire Diaries ends, will The Originals continue on past the flagship?

The Originals was not among the seven CW series that scored early renewals on Sunday, mostly because the show doesn’t launch its new season until March 17. But its future remains up in the air as TVD ends its run.

“Julie [Plec] and I spoke ahead of time about this,” CW President Mark Pedowitz said at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Sunday. “The Originals has not yet premiered for the season. It’ll probably be a discussion in May. I’m a big Julie Plec fan. I’m hoping The Originals will continue. A lot of it will depend on performance.”

https://twitter.com/julieplec/status/818167897117757440
Julie Plec
‏@julieplec

We have big, big plans. I have faith.

:whatever:

Yeah, f*** the woman who's given us all this to begin with.

She doesnt need to be showrunner, she was great at the beginning of TVD but lets not act like she does the show any favors nowadays.

She doesnt need to be showrunner, she was great at the beginning of TVD but lets not act like she does the show any favors nowadays.

For my money, TVD has maintained the highest level of consistency of all the longer-running shows on the network, without becoming entirely unrecognizable to the series as it started (Supernatural) or completely nosediving a few years into it's run (Arrow). Not to mention that it isn't as though she's an entirely foreign presence on this show, she's had a strong hand in both, it's just that Narducci was the day-to-day boss here and Caroline Dries served the same purpose on TVD, up until the final season. There's no way to know what ideas have been hers and what have been Narducci's.

[YT]VbYRiLklJTs[/YT]

Yaaaaaasss

I'm calling it now; when Matt (The Vampire Diaries) rang the bell those 8 times just like how some people were able to cross back over in Mystic Falls, the same thing will happen with people in New Orleans. Namely, Davina and Cammie. Then part of the season will be spent trying to find a permeant way to bring them back. Thats what I'm hoping happens at least.

Now I have to wonder: [blackout]Is that thing at the end trying to get to Hope, or is it Hope[/blackout]?

Klaus taking a bite out of that Scotsman was fun.

Now I have to wonder: [blackout]Is that thing at the end trying to get to Hope, or is it Hope[/blackout]?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Freya seems 'off'. She's colder...

My guess is the latter.

I'm glad to see it looks like Vincent is getting plenty to do.

I'm glad to see it looks like Vincent is getting plenty to do.

You know there's so much plot in that preview ...

And I suspect that it will all be resolved within three or four episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"