The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

I speculate that a solo superman movie might happen before, lets say, 2022.

Haven’t we all but confirmed The Batman being a reboot/set in his early days? Concerning this Cavill news.

I speculate that a solo superman movie might happen before, lets say, 2022.

I'm going to say that we might get a new superman film in 2028.

Good Lord, I will be 40 by then.

2024, baby! Last I heard, that's what's legally required in the agreement with the Siegel estate if WB wants to keep the rights, lol.

I read 2033 is when Superman officially becomes public domain.

Looking forward to public domain super-content.

so what's this I'm hearing that WB is considering Michael B Jordan for the next Superman?

please tell me they aren't serious about that, are they? :huh:

so what's this I'm hearing that WB is considering Michael B Jordan for the next Superman?

please tell me they aren't serious about that, are they? :huh:

Just a weak rumor at that. Im not against a black superman given there has been others from different earths but as superman in general he doesnt make me go yea I see it. He could maybe work in green lantern but god how many comic roles can he keep doing

I say atleast 4 years away even though it should be a top priority like wonder woman 2 is

Just a weak rumor at that. Im not against a black superman given there has been others from different earths but as superman in general he doesnt make me go yea I see it. He could maybe work in green lantern but god how many comic roles can he keep doing

ah, thanks. yeah, it seems MBJ is always considered for everything......lol.

but Superman, imo, is just way too iconic to have such a drastic change. so, I hope those rumors are nothing more than weak rumblings. if WB is seriously considering that direction, then that would truly prove they don't know what the h*** to do with Superman. Casting MBJ as Superman is not going to fix everything wrong with Superman throughout the DCEU and even before back to Superman Returns.

To be honest I'm not surprised he dropping out. I mean both Man of Steel and Justice League 2 seem to be in limbo at moment. WB hasn't fully committed to do them it seems. Only thing we have heard is projected dates nothing more. Their no scripts in development for either one. That means Henry just sitting around waiting for WB to get their act together. In short WB has no faith in their product. I suspect that some time soon Ben will drop out as Batman. He has personal issue going on and Batman been in limbo for a while now to. Again Ben major actor who has many rolls being thrown his way. He not going to sit around waiting for ever for WB to get their act together.

Basically this just another example of WB not having faith in their product. They have no clear idea what they are doing. Most of their films have been poorly received. Why they would focus on things like Suicide Squad 2 and Joker films and not Man of Steel, Batman and Justice League 2 is beyond me. I think Wonder-Woman will be great. Aquaman and Shazam will either be great or going to suck. Personally they should just finish up the films they are doing and then put DC away for a while then come back in 5 or 10 years and try again cause at the moment they are failing in massive way.

To be honest I'm not surprised he dropping out. I mean both Man of Steel and Justice League 2 seem to be in limbo at moment. WB hasn't fully committed to do them it seems. Only thing we have heard is projected dates nothing more. Their no scripts in development for either one. That means Henry just sitting around waiting for WB to get their act together. In short WB has no faith in their product. I suspect that some time soon Ben will drop out as Batman. He has personal issue going on and Batman been in limbo for a while now to. Again Ben major actor who has many rolls being thrown his way. He not going to sit around waiting for ever for WB to get their act together.

Basically this just another example of WB not having faith in their product. They have no clear idea what they are doing. Most of their films have been poorly received. Why they would focus on things like Suicide Squad 2 and Joker films and not Man of Steel, Batman and Justice League 2 is beyond me. I think Wonder-Woman will be great. Aquaman and Shazam will either be great or going to suck. Personally they should just finish up the films they are doing and then put DC away for a while then come back in 5 or 10 years and try again cause at the moment they are failing in massive way.

Looooooolololol
So if Aquaman and Shazam are hits... should they still "put DC away"? That mindset makes no sense.

Looooooolololol
So if Aquaman and Shazam are hits... should they still "put DC away"? That mindset makes no sense.

Oh... you’re not going to be happy at the end of the year when Aquaman underperforms. I’d avoid the internet once the opening weekend estimates come in :up:

Oh... you’re not going to be happy at the end of the year when Aquaman underperforms. I’d avoid the internet once the opening weekend estimates come in :up:

I don't have any stakes in the movie's BO performance. I just hope it's good. And if it's not I have plenty of other movies to look forward to.

WB/DC needs to create a Superman Think tank whose only job is to figure out a superman movie that can adhere to Story Telling Best Practices, something the Reeves movies lack, and makes people like a person who lacks personality, something the Snyder movies don't do.

I don’t think it’s that serious.

Making a Superman movie probably isn’t as easy as I think, but it definitely isn’t as hard as the studio thinks it is either. There are literally decades of stories they can pull from. Not only that, but there are a good number of television series and (especially) cartoons that they can look at as well. And..you know...Captain America.

I don’t have much faith in WB in general, but I do feel as if they’ve gotten most of their ****tier Superman story ideas out of their system. They made a Donner retread, they tried to make him more like Batman, they did the death and return story arc...it’s a wrap. And now there’s nowhere to go but up.

Looooooolololol

Yes I absolutely believe they should put the DC away at least for a while. Even if Aquaman and Shazam are hits you still have the problem of the whole DCMU is tainted. Now you have lost Henry as Superman and I have feeling Ben will drop out soon as well. There just no point in trying to keep it going. Just finish the round of DC films and let it go for while. Come back in few years with a solid game plan and start from scratch.

Wonder-Woman will do great but I'm not convinced about Shazam or Aquaman. Don't get me wrong the trailers look great but so did the trailers for Batman v Superman and Justice League and yet they where both poorly received. Also why are they focusing on Suicide Squad 2 and Joker films when they could been working on Man of Steel 2. At the end of the day nothing WB is doing makes any real logical sense. They went in to this with no clear direction. Then when they did have a clear direction the lack faith in that direction and committed to it. Henry Cavill is major star who has tons of rolls at his feet. All this time they could been working on Sequel to Man of Steel. Instead they have him in limbo. At some point he was going to bail out. Ben is going to do the same thing especially considering he having personal life issue going on. It's so sad because DC is great if they would bring in right people and have faith in their product.

^ that's why I feel like Supergirl, and the recasting of Superman, is the perfect opportunity to just reboot the whole damn DCEU. The DCEU is such a mess, it's not even funny, especially compared to the well-run MCU.

and I say that even having enjoyed MOS, BvS, and even Justice League. but each one of those films could have been so much more if handled better.

Superman can be so much more. But alas, it just seems no creative team "gets him." Superman is not Batman. Superman is not grim dark and mopey and wary.

Superman is the light, the beacon of hope and optimism. the ultimate classic superhero. And Supergirl would be the same. That's who the Supers are.

A good Superman/Supergirl film shouldn't be hard to do. It should make you feel like a kid again. It should make you soar through the skies and lift your spirits with boundless optimism.

If you can't get the basic core fundamentals of the character, then it doesn't matter who you cast in the role.

Last edited:
You dont need to reboot just because Cavill left. Truth is, the general audience never much got behind him as Superman. That isnt on him so much as the films he was in, but truth is I doubt any film with him as Superman would have been able to get past that. The Superman from MOS and BvS is just not what they were looking for and by the time they kin of got him it was too late. And I say this as a guy who adores MOS and likes BvS and Justice League. I am the exception though and the BO proves that.

Focus on other characters and deal with Superman later. You already have 3 films coming out that have nothing to do with Superman with another one (The Batman) soon to follow. Get the rest of the universe built, tweak the continuity as you go (which they are doing anyways it seems) and then if you find the right story bring him back later.

The reaction yesterday was so confusing to me. This is a chance to get a better Superman and even maybe a better Superman movie.

I think it could be the fear of trying to find another actor to play Superman. Also, if they have to start over that would just delay a Superman movie even further whereas a MOS sequel would mean they could build off a world already established.

I can move on from Cavill. It's all the starts and stops over the years that feels tiresome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"