The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

I can move on from anyone, even Ledger and RDJ, as long as I get something good (and doesn't need to be as good as what came before) to replace them.

What often happens is fans are disappointed until they hear a new actor is being cast and they get caught up in the fun of fan casting.

At this point, before they cast a new superman, they had better lock in a competent Director who has the resume and personality needed to evoke some confidence in the brand.

Right now, Warner Bros and the DC Universe are the biggest jokes out there. Their reactionary tactics are just sad and pathetic, while their treatment of crew and cast members are deplorable.

Frankly, I will only find myself getting excited again once Warner Bros successfully makes a great superman trilogy.

Justin Kroll made the point. Finding the right director is more important than who will replace Cavill. Otherwise we'll find ourselves in the same spot just with a different actor.

I think it could be the fear of trying to find another actor to play Superman. Also, if they have to start over that would just delay a Superman movie even further whereas a MOS sequel would mean they could build off a world already established.

There is no fixing or amending a delay. WB is clearly in no hurry or prioritizing to do more with Superman.

Oh... you’re not going to be happy at the end of the year when Aquaman underperforms. I’d avoid the internet once the opening weekend estimates come in :up:

It seems like you will be ecstatic if that is the case. :oldrazz:

If Aquaman goes well, I'd be happy if Wan is chosen to direct a Superman flick, I guess it'd be interesting.

It seems like you will be ecstatic if that is the case. :oldrazz:

If Aquaman goes well, I'd be happy if Wan is chosen to direct a Superman flick, I guess it'd be interesting.

I am very far from ecstatic about the abject state of DC characters in the cinema at the moment. I will take zero joy if Aquaman bombs, but I will not be surprised.

I doubt Aquaman bombs.

I also agree get a director and script that understands the core of Superman then worry about casting.

I think it could be the fear of trying to find another actor to play Superman. Also, if they have to start over that would just delay a Superman movie even further whereas a MOS sequel would mean they could build off a world already established.
Time to get the Canadian doppelganger on the phone! I'm sure he'd do the Shazam! and Supergirl cameos for a few bucks and a good meal. ;)

DnBzGnRVAAEATp7.jpg

Who is that?
Thomas Beaudoin, a guy we were talking about in the Cavill thread a day or two ago. He acts mostly in French language stuff in Canada save for a few Hallmark movies and commercials in America. But when I first saw him I legitimately thought he might be one of Cavill's brothers and looked him up because the resemblance was so striking.
tbN2Y8659-26-566x850.jpg tb700full-thomas-beaudoin.jpg
tbpic_200_634_0_0_100.jpg

Pretty much the same age and height too (I think he's a year older than Cavill), so if you want a budget Cavill, he's your guy. :D

A rumour from Playlist saying the Supergirl film could be set in the 1970s. This would avoid having to use the Superman character, or using Cavill, or finding another actor:

"A source today, right after today’s news broke, echoed the same sentiment that Warner Bros. would shift focus to “Supergirl“ and that movie—likely a period piece set in the 1970s (though this could change) with the young Kryptonian as a teenager—would knock Cavill out of the running for appearing in that particular time period (he’d still be a child then). So, the actor could stick around, but if Supergirl were to go first and with no “Man of Steel 2” film in development, it’s very conceivable that Cavill could not turn up as Superman again for several, several years hence everyone kind of walking away for now, but keeping the door open."

WB Says "No Decisions Have Been Made" Regarding Henry Cavill's Future As Superman

Holy cow flick that is friggin uncanny! :eek:

And Erik that poster is kinda awesome :)

Peter Porte is another guy that does Hallmark movies. He's 6-1 and looks like Brandon Routh.

Peter Porte.jpg

file_168111_0_manofsteelsupermanbig.jpg

This remains my favorite shot of Cavil. His hair also looked A LOT better here lol.

If you are having a Supergirl show up before Superman in this universe, than this truly is a reboot.

Wouldn't people mention, "We now have a superhero who has the same powers and a similar design as that other female hero from the 70s. They even have the same chest emblem."

Reactions: JOE
If you are having a Supergirl show up before Superman in this universe, than this truly is a reboot.

Wouldn't people mention, "We now have a superhero who has the same powers and a similar design as that other female hero from the 70s. They even have the same chest emblem."
Very good point, I hope you're right lol...

Superman-_Batman_TV_Series.jpg
As of now (2018), except "Smallville" and "Gotham" TV series:
- The latest Superman TV series was "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman" 1993-1997 (it has been 21 years).
- The latest Batman TV series was "Batman" 1966-1968 (it has been 50 years).
How long the audience have to wait for new Superman/Batman TV series? DC Comics should make more movies for other characters instead of them, we have enough of Superman/Batman movies already, it's time for new Superman/Batman TV series.

Superman-_Batman_TV_Series.jpg
As of now (2018), except "Smallville" and "Gotham" TV series:
- The latest Superman TV series was "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman" 1993-1997 (it has been 21 years).
- The latest Batman TV series was "Batman" 1966-1968 (it has been 50 years).
How long the audience have to wait for new Superman/Batman TV series? DC Comics should make more movies for other characters instead of them, we have enough of Superman/Batman movies already, it's time for new Superman/Batman TV series.
Well in the case of Batman I'm sure it's because they think they can make a ton more money with him on the big screen than on TV. Superman? It might be a case of 'watch this space'!

Well plenty of people used the open position from MOS to prove Supergirl already exists so they could use that route.

Or they can just do what Wonder Woman did and ignore continuity altogether and tell their story.

That said I don't buy it anyways :)

Well plenty of people used the open position from MOS to prove Supergirl already exists so they could use that route.

Or they can just do what Wonder Woman did and ignore continuity altogether and tell their story.

That said I don't buy it anyways :)

Or DC can just do a straight continuity reboot and just keep the actors they like and ignore the ones they don't.

Can we just permaban this dude already? Mods, please? He's clearly just spamming the forums now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"