• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Everything will be different except for the TSS/Peacemaker corner.

Well he just said on Rosenbaum’s podcast that his favorite CBM in existence is Into the Spiderverse so that’s good.
Awesome, certainly didn’t expect that. I was annoyed when Gunn took on Superman, but overall he’s at least been talking a surprisingly good talk since. Maybe just enough to get the hope back up before it gets destroyed again. :D :csad:

I don’t think there’s any point worrying until we see something. Geeks always worry about everything. Sure, what if it’s bad but what if it’s good?

The Sign in Sidney Brustein's Window (thesignonbroadway.com)

Rachel Brosnahan's off day on her play is Monday, so I'm guessing that's when she'll screentest. Still thinking we'll probably get the Superman-Lois announcement between Tuesday-Friday (Probably sooner rather than later, given those terrible Flash numbers)
Heh, this reminds me of the person I randomly came across on Twitter a week or so ago who was torn between wanting the screen test thing to be true because she wants Rachel to be Lois, but also had tickets to see her in this show tomorrow and didn’t want to see her understudy, so yes, for that random Twitter person’s sake, I hope her screentest is Monday. :hehe:

Damn, I didn’t even realize Oldboy was a CBM. Or maybe I forgot? Anyway. I hope he means the original Oldboy and not that Josh Brolin abomination.

Here is the actual interview where he goes into detail of his top 5 comicbook movie list. He actually sort of clumps Deadpool 1 & 2 together, so if you think 2 is better, he gives it a shoutout.

and yes, he meant OG korean oldboy

Really hope Gunn can curate the quality of the dCU. Kinda feel bad for him as it will be stressful especially now that they need to bring their a game its not the phase 1 era. Needs to consistently be great for DC as a brand to thrive.

I dont particularly mind muschetti for brave and the bold.Just needs a great script and practical effects etc.

Would be neat if we get news this weekend or soon about the DCU most likely trade reports on Legacy screen tests etc.

I’m mostly confident that Gunn will cast this movie well and that it will be good. The Authority cameos make me a bit nervous because while I like world building, I’m more concerned about just getting a GOOD Superman movie (haven’t had one of those since before I was born and I’m now in my 40s). But if their inclusion doesn’t detract too much from the main storyline or they are well integrated into that storyline, then I’m good with it. What I’m more concerned about is whether DC movies can wash the taint of the DCEU off of them. We obviously know that this Superman movie won’t be connected to The Flush or BvS or whatever, but general audiences probably won’t. Good trailers and strong word of mouth might be able to change the perception on DC movies, but it’s still something I worry about. The last thing we need is a Superman movie that underperforms.

Still thinking we'll probably get the Superman-Lois announcement between Tuesday-Friday (Probably sooner rather than later, given those terrible Flash numbers)

Warner Bros after the movie they spent the GDP of West Virginia paying random celebrities to hype it up may open lower than Sonic the Hedgehog 2
4853b1f1-347a-461e-8528-05229d7287b4_text.gif

Heat Vision (hollywoodreporter.com)

And right now, as you read this, James Gunn is conducting screen tests on the Warner Bros. lot for his Superman movie. Nicholas Hoult, David Corenswet and Tom Brittney are being mixed and matched with Emma Mackey , Phoebe Dynevor and Rachel Brosnahan for the roles of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, respectively. Will it be back to the drawing board, or will Gunn find his actors quickly? His decisions will form the foundation of the DC movie slate of the future.

It's happening right now.

And right now, as you read this, James Gunn is conducting screen tests on the Warner Bros. lot for his Superman movie. Nicholas Hoult, David Corenswet and Tom Brittney are being mixed and matched with Emma Mackey , Phoebe Dynevor and Rachel Brosnahan for the roles of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, respectively. Will it be back to the drawing board, or will Gunn find his actors quickly? His decisions will form the foundation of the DC movie slate of the future.

giphy.webp

One of the most important moments for DC’s future - get it right Gunn!

jacksparrow-jack_sparrow.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"