• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Because I'm going a bit stir crazy here, I'm gonna take a page out of @Lily Adler 's playbook but keep it a bit more on-topic. Posting a Superman page/panel I love every day until we get an official look at David Corenswet as Superman. Day 1:

View attachment 85787
Didn't we used to have countdown threads to big films where one of us posted different issues of Superman or Batman. It was like 100 Days or something.

Looking at the S shield again, I'm still confused as to why the yellow trim on the right-hand side is so much thicker than it is on the left-hand side. Like even taking perspective into consideration, it doesn't look right.

Looking at the S shield again, I'm still confused as to why the yellow trim on the right-hand side is so much thicker than it is on the left-hand side. Like even taking perspective into consideration, it doesn't look right.
I couldn't even imagine that it's going to be in uneven, I think it just has to be a perspective thing. if I wore hats I'd eat mine if it was not equal all the way round.

Extreme closeups tend to drastically distort features. I equate it to those TikTok videos of people showing the difference between taking a selfie at arm's length versus stepping back from the camera and seeing what you actually look like, similar to this...

allsmall.jpg

Posting a cake pic everyday until the suit reveal. ( can we get to 40? )

ae3a7b9e370d90d4a823ed5a9403111a.jpg

Extreme closeups tend to drastically distort features. I equate it to those TikTok videos of people showing the difference between taking a selfie at arm's length versus stepping back from the camera and seeing what you actually look like, similar to this...

allsmall.jpg

Yeah, that's why I'm not 100% on the supposed curve of the emblem, let alone the fact that the yellow outline isn't a constant width (which would look horrible imo 😅).
The only photo we have is a partial view with a rather pronounced perspective, and we have to take into account the volume of the actor's chest and the distortion of the lens.
It's just too many factors to be definitive about how the logo really looks...for now!

Who’s this lad then? Is he reliable?
Seems to be insinuating something coming on April 15.

IMG_2859.jpeg

Yeah, that's why I'm not 100% on the supposed curve of the emblem, let alone the fact that the yellow outline isn't a constant width (which would look horrible imo 😅).
The only photo we have is a partial view with a rather pronounced perspective, and we have to take into account the volume of the actor's chest and the distortion of the lens.
It's just too many factors to be definitive about how the logo really looks...for now!
Same on the curve. I like the idea and look, but if the shield has a curved outline I think it'll be more subtle, like this. #shamelessplug

1712162731431.png

Found it and it was @hopefuldreamer.

I'd love it if someone did this again!

I'd offer, but I feel like I should pass on the mantle.

kwp5niw6uud31.jpg

main-qimg-8152a59b017c99b918c45a08ffaf4497-lq.jpeg

Been a busy day for news. Hope this month is a big one for DCU news. Already got a likely Supergirl Director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"