The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Just messing around with the reveal image a bit...

0p11.jpg

Now I can definitely say I'm more iffy about the setting/visual style than the costume itself... but still, what a bummer that it looks so MCU-esque.
tumblr_paopdu1UWH1xx5z6ao1_1280.gif

Just saw the suit reveal. Still in the knee-jerk reaction phase, so will just give my first thoughts as they came:

-Shocked by the busy design in and of itself. There's a lot of meshes and textures going on, very alien-like. Givin' how Cavill's suit was met with the "too busy" complaint, I totally expected Gunn to go more sleek and Reeve-ish. Looking more at it, it definitely has the Gunn stamp of approval; GoTG vibes.

-Interesting choice for a first reveal. I was expecting Gunn to go full blown classic; blue skies, orange/yellow sunny glows and a smiling; dynamic pose. Givin that there's action going on in the background, I wish things were a tad more dynamic for a first image reveal.

With that said, I like it for all the reasons it's not and how I described above. David sure does look the part. Is it a perfect reveal? Not even close. Do I like what's going on? Yeah.

So they want to start over and show it’s different from the Snyderverse.

And the first official shot is Superman looking depressed in a dirty suit while there is an attack going on outside his window.

Not a hopeful Superman. Not a smiling Superman. The same sullen depressed Superman we got for 3 movies.
He’s literally just adjusting hit boot…

It is not the same as this:

IMG_3856.jpeg

He’s literally just adjusting hit boot…

It is not the same as this:

View attachment 89543
I really like the suit, the textures, and the overall vibes going on in the reveal. I always loved a purple/pinkish sky. I haven't read much of the reactions, but my first reactions was how, I guess you can say, "moody" it is. For a first reveal, I really thought they'd go the complete opposite direction of what they showed. In and of itself, I like the curveball. I was totally expecting a more bombastic; classic Superman reveal with insane; sunny color.

That said, I think Gunn's Superman WILL be that. The official reveal is just an interesting choice as far as I look at it. I like interesting.

I really want to see if Gunn is pushing back on the criticisms of the suit. :hmm:

For as much as he is online, you know he's going to read the criticisms. He'll spin it and deflect, as he should, but I just hope he takes the critiques to heart and adjusts the suit if there's a sequel.

I really like the suit, the textures, and the overall vibes going on in the reveal. I always loved a purple/pinkish sky. I haven't read much of the reactions, but my first reactions was how, I guess you can say, "moody" it is. For a first reveal, I really thought they'd go the complete opposite direction of what they showed. In and of itself, I like the curveball. I was totally expecting a more bombastic; classic Superman reveal with insane; sunny color.

That said, I think Gunn's Superman WILL be that. The official reveal is just an interesting choice as far as I look at it. I like interesting.
Gunn is the only person who knows the reason for this reveal. I don’t love it, but I like it. Maybe he wanted to showcase a down to earth Superman who is just suiting up like any other hero, rather than have some sort of Kryptonian armor. Maybe he wanted to downplay the grand, bombastic Superman. Maybe we will actually just get another dark and gloomy Superman (hopefully not). We don’t know but online discourse will do what it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"