The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Love this homage to one of my all-time favorite Superman pieces (originally by Jorge Jiminez):

ee0757dd1363bdf0416e358d9c7a480e8f903dc6.jpg

If he had revealed it like this the internet would have exploded

I agree this wouldve been insane. Although I could see folks saying how corny it is.

8pmgzg.gif

Can't wait for Gunn's Supergirl promo, while she casually preps and the world about to burn around her. :cwink:

Last edited:
They'll change their mind once they see what WBD had in mind for Henry's Superman:

GBP_1U_WgAAxiXd.png
Blast from the past :awesome:

Does anyone else think that Henry Cavill has a "pants" problem? He seems to have child bearing hips and a wide, big rear. It seems to cause his trousers to look unusual. Do you think that will cause problems with costumes in the film?
Maybe they created it. :p

This was how I envisioned the first reveal to be like. I would have done this (John Romita).

View attachment 89957
Someone mentioned this in another thread, but I think the following quote from Grant Morrison encapsulates what Gunn was looking to achieve with the reveal, not to mention his take on David's Superman in general. It clearly didn't go over as well as intended, but these things happen.

GM8w4s0WMAEL42I

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but I think the following quote from Grant Morrison encapsulates what Gunn was looking to achieve with the reveal, not to mention his take on David's Superman in general. It clearly didn't go over as well as intended, but these things happen.

GM8w4s0WMAEL42I
I don't think that's quite the effect he was looking for as Superman looks pretty tense to me in this pic but yeah I feel that James was trying to convey a more general sense of humanity for Superman instead of him having to be hyper idealized at all times.

I also think that maybe this is part of a very very important scene in the movie and that it's gonna make more sense why he wanted this image when we see the film.

Love this homage to one of my all-time favorite Superman pieces (originally by Jorge Jiminez):

ee0757dd1363bdf0416e358d9c7a480e8f903dc6.jpg

I love this as well. I just whipped this quick edit up earlier. If Supes were to be seated, I would have just honored All Star:

Picsart_24-05-10_01-51-20-860.jpg

GM8w4s0WMAEL42I
I understand that, totally. The botch was the background. The two captures just don't have nuance or splice. If Gunn would have done a Kent Farm background, it would make more sense and it would have probably went over better in general.

I love this as well. I just whipped this quick edit up earlier. If Supes were to be seated, I would have just honored All Star:

View attachment 89961
I agree with Invader that the shot he posted probably has more significance in context. I think he was trying to avoid paying homage to any specific famous comics images, which might have been considered low-hanging fruit, so to speak. Love it or hate it, what we got was far less fan service-y, but it certainly gave us more to talk about lol.

I agree with Invader that the shot he posted probably has more significance in context. I think he was trying to avoid paying homage to any specific famous comics images, which might have been considered low-hanging fruit, so to speak. Love it or hate it, what we got was far less fan service-y, but it certainly gave us more to talk about lol.
I'm dead-set in the middle. I can't quite put a finger on how I feel as whole. It's a push for me. Did I want to see Corenswet in all his glory for the first time? Absolutely. I was craving that. Do I weirdly enjoy the curveball JG threw at us? I do.

I'm sure the mulligan shot will tilt more-so to the fan-service side, as you say.

I could be wrong, but I think a lot of "first look" superhero images are purposely shot in a way that isn't necessarily as flattering as we might hope for, but still gives us a taste of what's to come. It's like they're testing the waters or something to that effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"