The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

This could be true but I also just think ultimately it's budget saving tactics or a deliberate choice to avoid "names". It lines up with the rest of the cast.
But even with that in mind this is kinda "below" even the other names they've gotten. Laila Robbins sounded more in line with the type of name that I'd have expected if she was still alive. But we'll see.

But even with that in mind this is kinda "below" even the other names they've gotten. Laila Robbins sounded more in line with the type of name that I'd have expected if she was still alive. But we'll see.
I do think you're potentially onto something.

Gunn said there were no flashbacks in the film, and while I don’t believe in taking Gunn at his word for most things because his #1 job is to promote and/or preserve the mystery, I just don’t see why he’d say something so specific unless it were true. So either they die in this story or they’re alive, is what I’m getting at lol.

Gunn said there were no flashbacks in the film, and while I don’t believe in taking Gunn at his word for most things because his #1 job is to promote, I just don’t see why he’d say something so specific unless it were true. So either they die in this story or they’re alive, is what I’m getting at lol.
No flashbacks doesn't necessarily mean "No pictures of the Kents" or "No archive footage". The Batman didn't feature flashbacks of the Waynes but they were still cast.

No flashbacks doesn't necessarily mean "No pictures of the Kents" or "No archive footage". The Batman didn't feature flashbacks of the Waynes but they were still cast.
Could also be dream sequences.

I think it's likely they are alive, but I agree that no flashbacks doesn't secure it completely.

And I want a Bibbo Bibowski announcement because I need to find my smile.
Would love Bibbo too, I just don’t remember him being mentioned by DCUleak’s verified scooper before he quit, while Cat and Lombard were (plus we have confirmation that they were doing auditions for Lombard a couple of months ago), so I’m actually expecting those. Bibbo would just be a pleasant surprise.

This Ma Kent totally put trunks on the suit.

100%
What cut we're talking about? Boy Shorts, Hi Cut, Bikini, what?

747f8864-e127-4b7d-a2e6-3e35d6c1ce62_text.gif

Haven't seen the Kents in anything 😭

I think casting no-names or people with next to no name recognition to the general audience or nerd/geek fandoms such as this forum means we have less expectations.

Not in the sense that we expect nothing, but since we have no frame of reference, we'd be going in fresh. Leaves plenty of room to be pleasantly surprised by their performance versus a well-known person who we could get an idea of based on previous works.

You probably have seen Pruitt Taylor Vince in something, but don’t remember it. He’s been in a ton of famous movies.
If you watched John Cusack, Amanda Peet, and Ray Liotta in Identity, Pa Kent is the mental patient.

Both of them are definitely "that guy's" as The Rewatchables would call it

You can see why the farm is going down. Ma and Pa are so old to run it unless Clark comes down to use his powers to help make crops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"