The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Poor Kal-El. He's realizing that he's finally outgrown the boots.

I like the texturing on the suit, much as I do with the Man of Steel suit.

I honestly didn't even recognise Corenswet at first. All the bulking/bad angle I assume.

The suit looks... fine, I guess? But I do love that he is not in some cool, superhero pose.

Posting gifs of Batman & Robin even though this is a Superman thread until we get an official loo....

police-coco.gif

It looks fine, imo. MCU like, definitely. Trunks look good, I don't hate the collar cuz it's not too far up his neck ala the New 52 suit, belt looks alright, curl is an absolute W, colours are good. Ain't outrageously bad but also isn't a certified classic. I can live with it

I actually love that it doesn’t appear to be a fake muscle suit. It looks like real clothing.

Hopefully the blue that is in the pants is more representative of the color of the rest of the suit. If so, I love it.

Obviously I love the crest. And I love the trunks.

My only aspects that I don’t love are the collar and maybe the piping. But I can see where that might provide interest.

All in all, I’m beyond pleased with it.

Why is he taking his sweet ass time to suit up while Metropolis is being attacked?

#NotMuhSuperman

In case it wasn't obvious: :o

Well, I guess now we know why Gunn was so hesitant to show the whole thing. I’m sorry, but that looks like ****.

It gives off the feeling of a test suit that will change over the course of the film; but this could also be the same place of delusion where the Jared Leto joker tattoos explanation came from

It could just be a bit sleeker and sharper is all. But they need to nail the story and character, everything else is secondary

It gives off the feeling of a test suit that will change over the course of the film; but this could also be the same place of delusion where the Jared Leto joker tattoos explanation came from

It could just be a bit sleeker and sharper is all. But they need to nail the story and character, everything else is secondary
I can guarantee if the movie is good, none of this **** will matter.

Yeah not sure how I feel about it yet. I'll wait to see it in action, it loos to be different shades of blue too? Or is it just me

GM6GZ9pXkAAgzfV

Actually, the colours are growing on me if the legs are anything to go by in terms of what the blue looks like in lighting. I dig the colours, maybe wish they were a tad more vibrant is all

To quote the movie "Eddie",

"This is the best thing that ever happened to me... And it didn't even happen to me!"

The new suit looks New 52-ish, but not armor, which for me improves it as I always saw Superman wearing an armor suit as kind of redundant.

I could've done without the collar, because even then, it always made the neckline look weird.

These are NOT criticisms, just observations. I am BEYOND excited for this (and I'm a BATMAN guy). I'm sure David Corenswet will knock it out of the park as Clark Kent/Supes and I will be seated July 11th, 2025. :super:

Last edited:
Is the chest piece dirty? It’s weird that the boots are a vibrant red but the S looks all scuffed up.

What I really don’t get is how loose-fitting it is. And of course, that stupid ****ing collar.

Interesting that there doesn't seem to be a muscle suit either. I'm definitely suprised this was the type of shot Gunn went with based on the lighting, but regardless, I really like it. I gaurantee the colors will pop in the day time. Again, I'm just so happy he's got the trunks again. it's been way too long!

Not a big fan, and I'd probably stomach all the trinkets more easily if there was no collar, but there you go. Doesn't look hideous, just very far from what I expected / hoped for. Saving grace is the trunks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kimcity
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"