The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

But hey, the plus is now that there's an official suit, there's not just more to talk about, but now the fan art manipulations will be in full swing!

Just from that angle/shot he looks like someone combined Kirk Alyn and George Reeves.

Oh wow, I was not expecting Gunn to just drop it without fanfare, but here we are.

In my eyes, it looks... fine? I'm really not a fan of the extra lines which brings to mind the overused MCU-style suit designs, but everything I'm else okay with. Don't love it, but also don't hate it. David Corenswet looks pitch-perfect though.

I'm surprised barely anyone on here is speculating on what the heck is going in the background.

I’d really like to know what Alex Ross drawings Gunn was looking at that inspired this suit because nothing in that image makes me think of Ross’s Superman.
Ross’ Superman never is shown as having a visible six pack muscle suit. He was just a strong, barrel chested guy in clothes.

I see that in this suit. And that’s the most appealing part of it to me.

There is absolutely nothing about this suit that looks homemade lol They're definitely going for a regal kryptonian outfit thing.

All those lines? That looks homemade to me. He has stitching for kneepads, thats a very motherly thing to consider.

There is absolutely nothing about this suit that looks homemade lol They're definitely going for a regal kryptonian outfit thing.
More than Cavill's? I think it looks very cheap, even a little more tactical and 'realistic' than Snyder's suits.

I'm surprised barely anyone on here is speculating on what the heck is going in the background.
I'm trying to zoom in to see, and... it looks like a giant, peeled purple orange is shooting Metropolis 😱

And Superman is taking his sweet time getting out there to help! 😬

im-gonna-cry-sutton-stracke.gif

Collar is gross but otherwise I really like it.

Team Trunks won. :awesome:
My literal first thought was, “ @Boom will be so happy.” :funny:

A little disappointed about the collar. Happy it looks like clothes. Love the colors. And I do love that Gunn chose a pic of him putting it on like he’s getting ready for work. That’s f***ing perfect.

Still adjusting to the rest! Right now, just happy to not have to go looking for anymore Supes pages! :woo:

I mean listen, it shouldn’t really come as a shock. When David Zaslav said he wanted his own MCU, I guess he meant that even down to the unnecessary overdesigned lines on all the suits too

I think maybe a more heroic pose would've served this suit reveal better. :funny:
Yeah it doesn't feel very Superman, I will admit. The suit itself looks fine. As a reveal for Superman, the photo's lowkey awful lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kimcity
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"