The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Im pretty sure if I dyed my snow boots...they'd look similar to his boots. Dont know how much of a plus that is (if I were into cosplay...I guess could be a big one)

It looks like an altered V1 CW Superman
43erz593eji91.jpg

I wish :o

Nah, it looks like a more huggable material than CW Supes. I like Superman looking huggable. That’s extremely important to me on a personal level. :funny:

I can already feel myself warming up to the aspects that caught me off-guard. By this time next week I’ll be in love. Just takes some adjusting lol.

Yeah not overly enamoured with the suit. It looks a bit.....cheap?

However I remember not liking many a first reveal costume from a lot of CBMs and the name liking them in the movie.

Can't say much about the suit, though, it's clearly another one of those polarizing fan reaction moments.

I don't love the suit, but I can live with it .

I do like that they brought back the red trunks .
The red does help break up the blue top and bottom and just looks better stylistically as opposed to a basically all blue costume with a red cape.

That said , it's the suit this Superman is wearing for the film, so .

I think the thing that's throwing me off is Superman only looks dirty from the waist up. The legs, the boots... They're still clean for this most part.

And as far as him not looking heroic, the vibe I get from this pic is that we just caught him in the middle of getting dressed. Meanwhile, there's a WHOLE invasion going on outside.

Wasn't it a few days ago (and most of the wait for the reveal) where people were saying they trust Gunn because his GOTG suits looked so good...now he gives you the Superman version of that and you are all lamenting that Gunn gave you a GOTG style suit? Never change DC fans! :o (note: I see in this in pretty much all fandom and as a DC centric fan myself I just see it more here)

Then again I am old enough to remember when all the fans loved every aspect of the Snyder Suits...until they hated the movies and all of a sudden the suits sucked too ;):oops: And the S&L suit was crapped on too until people liked the show. Same thing happened (in reverse) when MR revealed the Batman screen test suit and everyone talked about all the cliche things they didn't like (the ears, the symbol, how the cowl fit...etc) and then all of a sudden as soon as it came out it was amazing! Fanatics (fans) are by their very nature very reactionary.

I honestly didn't even notice the collar...it is just not that pronounced. Certainly not like in the Nu-52 when it went halfway to his ears. And I liked that it was battle tested as there was definite damage to it on the chest while the pants look much cleaner. And that cape is ginormous! And @Black Narcissus will be happy he isn't bald :o:o

But how about the fact that he apparently has an apartment in Metropolis...and something that is definitely not Lex Luthor is about to destroy it? I mean Gunn is giving you so much to feast on and you are missing it because of some lines on a suit no one will notice when he is moving. The only time I ever notice piping in action is when it is as noticeable as Black Panther. Still pictures just push that to the forefront more IMHO.

I friggin love it and will take it over the MOS suit (which I also still love) 10/10 times.

Supposedly inspired by All Star and For All Seasons, then goes for a suit which is tonally completely the opposite.

Looks like a over designed MCU suit. Should have just kept it simple.
I don’t know. Maybe if Clark gets stung by a swarm of bees he might look more like how Sale drew him in For All Seasons

IMG_4217.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"