The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

The hair’s not slicked back. And it has a noticeable curl. But still Brylcreem-y.

Or maybe not. Since he’s dressing for work, perhaps he just got out of he shower and his hair is wet. :word:

I think the thing that's throwing me off is Superman only looks dirty from the waist up. The legs, the boots... They're still clean for this most part.

And as far as him not looking heroic, the vibe I get from this pic is that we just caught him in the middle of getting dressed. Meanwhile, there's a WHOLE invasion going on outside.
Whatever he fought shot the symbol...which is partially why it is there. (see also: Batman yellow oval) :-)

Maybe he is recovering...I mean maybe whatever the heck is in the sky has a kryptonite weapon and it knocked him down.

I can't get over the rubber material rolls in the shoulders. Breaks the illusion for me like the way Bale's Batsuit would bunch up around the hips.

I think the thing that's throwing me off is Superman only looks dirty from the waist up. The legs, the boots... They're still clean for this most part.

And as far as him not looking heroic, the vibe I get from this pic is that we just caught him in the middle of getting dressed. Meanwhile, there's a WHOLE invasion going on outside.
The thing that gets me is that it's perhaps misreading the general mood of the fans when they've been moaning and raging about a joyless Superman who's always moping...and your first suit reveal shows him to be looking a bit joyless and mopey lol.

How many wanna bet there's an S symbol on the back of the cape?

Personally I like it so far. Not enamored with the collar or how the cape attaches, but otherwise I love it.

Hopefully everyone grows to love it with a change of perspective.

View attachment 89499

If the movie is good the fans will love it like they always do. Honestly we are the only ones who care 95% of the audience could care less. You have any idea how many different styles of Superman shields I see on a daily basis whether it is students with shirts or adults with patches/tattoos/apparel? We are way too anal about this stuff :)

One thing that's kind of throwing me off is the whole composition of the pic. When I stumbled upon it on Twitter, I thought it was a manip at first.

It does look like bad fan art, especially the background.

me right now
73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.w710.jpg

Another thought: this material and the high collar make the suit look militaristic.

Wasn't it a few days ago (and most of the wait for the reveal) where people were saying they trust Gunn because his GOTG suits looked so good...now he gives you the Superman version of that and you are all lamenting that Gunn gave you a GOTG style suit? Never change DC fans! :o (note: I see in this in pretty much all fandom and as a DC centric fan myself I just see it more here)

Then again I am old enough to remember when all the fans loved every aspect of the Snyder Suits...until they hated the movies and all of a sudden the suits sucked too ;):oops: And the S&L suit was crapped on too until people liked the show. Same thing happened (in reverse) when MR revealed the Batman screen test suit and everyone talked about all the cliche things they didn't like (the ears, the symbol, how the cowl fit...etc) and then all of a sudden as soon as it came out it was amazing! Fanatics (fans) are by their very nature very reactionary.

I honestly didn't even notice the collar...it is just not that pronounced. Certainly not like in the Nu-52 when it went halfway to his ears. And I liked that it was battle tested as there was definite damage to it on the chest while the pants look much cleaner. And that cape is ginormous! And @Black Narcissus will be happy he isn't bald :o:o

But how about the fact that he apparently has an apartment in Metropolis...and something that is definitely not Lex Luthor is about to destroy it? I mean Gunn is giving you so much to feast on and you are missing it because of some lines on a suit no one will notice when he is moving. The only time I ever notice piping in action is when it is as noticeable as Black Panther. Still pictures just push that to the forefront more IMHO.

I friggin love it and will take it over the MOS suit (which I also still love) 10/10 times.

Wait so we're not allowed to be negative about the suit? Personally I think it looks ass.

Suit isn't quite what I expected. I do not like the collar though. Hopefully the eventually sequel gets rid of the collar.

The funny thing is when he hired the designer from Guardians etc. I thought we'd get something akin to this. Lol

Twitter continues to be a cesspool. Comments all over the place saying “bring back Cavill”

I will agree with those who say it looks like MCU, but I don’t agree that’s a bad thing. There have been great costumes in the MCU, and there have been bad ones. This looks like it would be one of the ones somewhere on the good end to me. Most of which were also made by Makovsky. 🤷‍♀️

My favorite Spidey suit.:cry:
I absolutely hated it at first, but in the movie it looked great. It looks very different from the traditional comics suit, but it still maintains the core elements that identify Spider-man... just like Battinson and even TDK suit. Maybe that's the case with this, it has the very classic elements but still looks different and I'm sure in motion will look great. Well, I hope so.

I absolutely hated it at first, but in the movie it looked great. It looks very different from the traditional comics suit, but it still maintains the core elements that identify Spider-man... just like Battinson and even TDK suit. Maybe that's the case with this, it has the very classic elements but still looks different and I'm sure in motion will look great. Well, I hope so.
I just prefer my superhero costumes to have that “lived in” feel, I guess. Which this one also does.

Nah, it looks like a more huggable material than CW Supes. I like Superman looking huggable. That’s extremely important to me on a personal level. :funny:

I can already feel myself warming up to the aspects that caught me off-guard. By this time next week I’ll be in love. Just takes some adjusting lol.
Part of the problem is we built it up too big in our head. There was no suit that was going to meet that expectation. And while I am sure some will disagree...Gunn is getting exactly what he wants. He will have fun with the detractors a bit but he wants (some) people to care so much they hate it and will rage on it because as long as they dont pull a Michael B. Jordan and antagonize the fans they will still show up and see it no matter how much they protest on X or messageboards like this. :)

Plus, and someone can quote me, when the first sizzle real or teaser comes out half the people lamenting will say "in action you don't even notice X and Y and it really works!". Its all part of the circle...

200w.gif

edited because he obviously doesnt want ALL people to hate it :rofl: ;)o_O

Last edited:
Absolutely hate it. I was hoping my reservations about the use of the KC logo would be wiped away with an awesome suit that all came together perfectly. Instead we got this over stylized mess.

I simply don't understand the thinking with this suit. It's definitely going to be the most polarizing suit on film yet.

I really thought Gunn was going to go a simpler route. Should have known better judging by his past work.

I'm still hopeful he'll give a great Superman film, but at least for me, he failed when it came to the suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kimcity
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"