The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Initial thoughts...

In General: Overall it looks good! I love the colors, the REALLY dig the boots, I love that he has the trunks and spit curl, and David looks amazing!

As a nitpicky fan/artist: My biggest gripe is how much it wrinkles. I'm sure it'll look great in regular poses, but here his shoulders are leaned forward and it creates too many wrinkles, making it look more like the last GotG uniforms. I really dislike the collar and there are a few too many accent lines for my liking.

I'm still excited for this movie, and I love how David looks in the suit. I'm just not jumping for joy over it. Not the best suit reveal, but at least we know what it looks like now and I'm just glad I don't DISLIKE it.

Drawing it back to a previous image debate, it does appear in this photo that his eyebrows are lightened just as they were in the anniversary photo a few weeks ago.

I’m also not commenting on what’s outside the window because I actually don’t think we’re getting this shot in the movie. I think the set had a green screen and they put something non-spoilery up there for the photo.

Yeah I dont think it's an actual shot of the movie.

GM6WAfbWwAEi5W8

this shouldnt be looking like more money went into it.

Drawing it back to a previous image debate, it does appear in this photo that his eyebrows are lightened just as they were in the anniversary photo a few weeks ago.
They look darker in this photo to me but it could just be the lighting.

Another thought: this material and the high collar make the suit look militaristic.

Wait so we're not allowed to be negative about the suit? Personally I think it looks ass.
I never said that. You can feel however you want. I am just saying this is the same stuff I hear with almost every reveal and it changes as fast as the wind blows. Me pointing out that this is all cyclical doesn't devalue your opinion it just adds context to the conversation because I am sure a lot of people are not in either extreme camp.

I will never, and I mean never, tell someone how they should feel about anything. If you don't like it I will just hope your opinion changes over time but it is no more or less valid if it does. :)

I’m also not commenting on what’s outside the window because I actually don’t think we’re getting this shot in the movie. I think the set had a green screen and they put something non-spoilery up there for the photo.
I honestly doubt that because

Why would you not then just show a sunny Metropolis day outside or something

Another thought: this material and the high collar make the suit look militaristic.
That's what makes me wonder if this isn't a misdirect and it isn't actually a clone like, say, Ultraman. I usually roll my eyes at those sorts of theories in relation to promotional materials (especially this early into the process), but the collar and the miserable look on his face instantly brought to mind images of Injustice and even the more traditional comic-book images of Zod.

I guess on the bright side....it can only go up from here right?

Teaser/Trailer should be better and instill hope. Right?

Well finally.

Pros. I like the colors, it has trunks, the \S/ is the perfect size, and he has the spit curl.

Cons. Too many lines, the collar, the material looks VERY bulky ( no way he's wearing that under regular clothes) the v at the top of the boots looks pretty bad also.

On a 1 to 10 wow scale, I'd give this a 6 and a half, maybe 7.

Copying from other thread to save the dupe: I’ve never been too bothered by the exact specifics of the suit beyond the colours being deeper and darker shades of red and blue which this gets right. Also beyond the costume itself, the dude looks great in it which is what I really care about. Those gym hours paid off.

Corenswet is the guy and he looks like a Superman to me. :cool:

You are probably right...but until I know for sure I choose to believe!!

200w.gif

I think the thing that's throwing me off is Superman only looks dirty from the waist up. The legs, the boots... They're still clean for this most part.

And as far as him not looking heroic, the vibe I get from this pic is that we just caught him in the middle of getting dressed. Meanwhile, there's a WHOLE invasion going on outside.
Perhaps he's changing into a new suit and just hasn't changed the top yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"