The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

One think I haven't seen mentioned is that the fabric seem supe thick, like 1/4 of an inch thick. That's new for movie Superman, and a bit MCU-ish .
I've seen a lot of comparisons to the MCU suits with the materials.

It does look like bad fan art, especially the background.

It really does.
And Gunn apparently said that everything in this shot was “in camera”...
As I said in my previous post, I think this is what worries me the most about this image: the overall visual direction.

But I'll remain in "wait and see" mode.

Last edited:
Every single time there's a superhero suit people don't like upon a reveal people always go "It's not the final suit" and that is literally never the case.

This ^^^

This is absolutely the final suit. Maybe if the film is a success and they make a sequel, Gunn will update the suit and make some much needed changes, but for better or worse, this is the suit.

The more I look, the more I'm liking it, but, I still don't like the bulkiness of it.

Last edited:
I see a yellow/gold belt, and lots of red below it. Can't say a 100% it's trunks, but it sure ain't cake.
There's always cake honey.

VPd2.gif

Bulkiness does kinda look off, but I can't say I dislike the actual suit, him standing and in proper lighting and the suit not being dirty/damaged will make a world of difference. Very happy If those are indeed trunks.

Every single time there's a superhero suit people don't like upon a reveal people always go "It's not the final suit" and that is literally never the case.
I say this jokingly, but I will counter this, sadly, with one example. In X-Men Apocalypse, the bulky black flight suits we got were not the final suits at all!

QYxRv9.gif

It's just that...the final, comic accurate suits we got would be the only time we saw them... :csad:

As someone that posted on these boards when Superman Returns was filming, it's funny to see the reaction to the not just Corenswet's suit, but all of them since SR released .

Many of the elements of the SR suit that fans publicly denounced such as a higher collar/neckline, s on the belt, downward belts, thicker boots, etc, have made their way into Superman suit interpretations over the years.

As someone that posted on these boards when Superman Returns was filming, it's funny to see the reaction to the not just Corenswet's suit, but all of them since SR released .

Many of the elements of the SR suit that fans publicly denounced such as a higher collar/neckline, s on the belt, downward belts, thicker boots, etc, have made their way into Superman suit interpretations over the years.

Okay, I'm glad it wasn't just me! Admittedly, I missed the first drop and when I went to social media, I thought maybe it was just really good fanart.
Manips and fanart , including some truly good works of art, are so ubiquitous online nowadays ,it's easy to assume that the official pick was just another manip.

corenswet himself looks good as superman.

but gonna wait to see the suit in motion for final judgement.

but in general, i'm not a fan of putting a collar on the superman suit.
didn't like it in the comics.
this looks ok overall...just gotta wait to see how it looks in the actual movie.

Corenswet is definitely our biggest Superman to date.

The good thing is is height allows him to carry the weight well and not look overly bulky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"