The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Simplicity really is the most effective blueprint sometimes, can’t beat the classics

View attachment 89495
ergeofgreat.jpg

I think the expression is interesting. I was hoping the film opens with Superman stopping a bank robbery, or Intergang, easily, as so much has been with his super powers, and then something comes along that for the first time really sets him back, surprises him, and makes him doubt himself, and we then get this picture, of a young man unsure of his abilities for the first time in his career as Superman. If so, I can see his reaction to this in this shot. Or, not.

I think the expression is interesting. I was hoping the film opens with Superman stopping a bank robbery, or Intergang, easily, as so much has been with his super powers, and then something comes along that for the first time really sets him back, surprises him, and makes him doubt himself, and we then get this picture, of a young man unsure of his abilities for the first time in his career as Superman. If so, I can see his reaction to this in this shot. Or, not.
He looks more bored than unsure to me

It's so weird that Gunn and the actors have been hyping up this Superman as more hopeful and joyful and he gives us this as his first look.

He’s probably a mountain of a man if he’s 6’3 or 6’4 looking like that, so not much padding is needed at all

I find it mildly hilarious. So many posters on this site are like:
“I am going to wait until I see it in live action and reserve all judgment…BUT I HATE IT!”

I’m not really convinced that people understand what reserving judgment means.

He looks more bored than unsure to me

It's so weird that Gunn and the actors have been hyping up this Superman as more hopeful and joyful and he gives us this as his first look.

Oh, I read it differently...

I actually like the 'working man' imagery with him suiting up & fixing his work boots while the city goes to **** behind him. It's another day of work for Superman. I didn't read 'boredom' or 'unsure'

If I had to guess, the traditionally less restricted neck probably doesn’t work with how this suit wrinkles. Thats the only big note I have with the suit. Hopefully the colors pop a bit more in the movie too.

I also think Gunn probably could’ve chosen a better pic for a first look, but that’s if you really wanna get all nitpicky. We already had the “cool pictures and suits guy” and look how far that got us

His trainer has said he has more pictures and other things he is waiting to share of David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"