The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Even though this isn't the suit I was hoping for, neither the hairstyle (at least from what I can tell) I don't think it's the worst thing like a part of the internet seems to think it is. I'm a little shocked how it seems to be getting blasted, but at the same time.. being a big DC fan my whole life (and being on these boards since Smallville was on air) it just seems DC always has some loud haters. Sometimes I get it, but it just seems almost everything gets crapped on before it even comes out.

It'd be pretty quiet around here if we waited for the final product to say anything

Someone needs to ask Gunn why Clark doesn't wash his suit or does he not understand the Bio Electric Aura of Kryptonian anatomy?

It'd be pretty quiet around here if we waited for the final product to say anything
Right! It always annoys me when people act like you should only deliver praise onto something before the movie comes out.

I wonder if the eyebrows is for an aesthetic reason. Maybe with his skin tone, and blue eyes with that dark of a hair color he looked, non organic, or slightly odd.

Someone needs to ask Gunn why Clark doesn't wash his suit or does he not understand the Bio Electric Aura of Kryptonian anatomy?
🤢 Supes that can't look battles damaged is boring and Supes that can lift an entire plan from the tip of the wing because of this aura is boring. 🌻

🤢 Supes that can't look battles damaged is boring and Supes that can lift an entire plan from the tip of the wing because of this aura is boring. 🌻
It's that same crazy level of pseudoscience that makes it so amazing. :argh:

It's that same crazy level of pseudoscience that makes it so amazing. :argh:
It looks so goofy. Supes should have to use that handsome noggin of his to figure out the best way to save a large falling object. It's fun watching Spider-Man have to think quick about where and when to shoot webs.

The suit aside, what’s the general consensus here about what we see in the background? New Rockstars seemed to think it’s Brainiac, while BobaTalks thinks it’s hinting at Mongul and Warworld. I’m leaning towards Mongul because I think he might be a good one-off, first movie villain, whereas Brainiac is someone you probably want to build towards. I also think that if Dave Bautista is in this movie (and he might be, given some of his cryptic social media posts), Mongul is a role that he would be perfect for.

Also, do we think that one skyscraper is Lexcorp tower? I’m thinking it is. It’s shaped similarly to one design of Luthor’s HQ (which Eric Voss pointed out). Also, it’s the tallest building in the city (as it should be).

The suit aside, what’s the general consensus here about what we see in the background? New Rockstars seemed to think it’s Brainiac, while BobaTalks thinks it’s hinting at Mongul and Warworld. I’m leaning towards Mongul because I think he might be a good one-off, first movie villain, whereas Brainiac is someone you probably want to build towards. I also think that if Dave Bautista is in this movie (and he might be, given some of his cryptic social media posts), Mongul is a role that he would be perfect for.

Also, do we think that one skyscraper is Lexcorp tower? I’m thinking it is. It’s shaped similarly to one design of Luthor’s HQ (which Eric Voss pointed out). Also, it’s the tallest building in the city (as it should be).
I thought it was Green Lantern fighting Star Sapphire.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no significant meaning for the background and that James Gunn just used a random backdrop for this photo.

Solaris.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no significant meaning for the background and that James Gunn just used a random backdrop for this photo.
Apart from the action going on, does anyone recognise the city or is it fake?

I'm just wondering if it's just the real city outside the window and not actually the Metropolis City we are going to get.

Why did you have to do the collar, James? Whyyyyyyy
Ya’ll would’ve destroyed Snyder for this. Lol Let’s keep it a buck.

I’m sure the suit will look better on camera and in post and whatnot, but as a first look, it looks pretty cheap to me. MOS suit runs circles on this easily. Lawd.

Suit is too militant/corporal looking to me, comes off as very stiff with those folds. All in all just terrible IMO, aside form the colors. I prefer all of the CW suits to this quite honestly. Oh well.

Kind of funny the David in the suit reveal was basically HC birthday. Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Sure it was accidental

Between this and the Kents' casting, I think Gunn has a really tight budget for this movie.

A part of me is starting to think that as well. When compared to previous costumes (SR, DCEU), I can't help but feel like this costume was very cheap to make.

A part of me is starting to think that as well. When compared to previous costumes (SR, DCEU), I can't help but feel like this costume was very cheap to make.
Daddy Zaslav needs his pay raise.

Lmao there’s nothing actually cheap about this. Y’all slay me sometimes. It’s designed to look like clothing someone puts on. That is a deliberate stylistic choice. You’re free to hate it, that’s your right, but there’s literally no way this cost any less than the Marvel costumes Markovsky designed, come on. :funny:

This is especially rich coming from those who were wanting old school tights, which actually ARE cheap by comparison to these materials lol.

Listen, I’m sure the suit will grown on most in time, but Gunn was so close, he was the chosen one, no pun intended. This feels like meh, which is not what a new version of supes needs at this point, it should’ve been more, it was right there and…it feel like a fumble.

Lmao there’s nothing actually cheap about this. Y’all slay me sometimes. It’s designed to look like clothing someone puts on. That is a deliberate stylistic choice. You’re free to hate it, that’s your right, but there’s literally no way this cost any less than the Marvel costumes Markovsky designed, come on. :funny:

This is especially rich coming from those who were wanting old school tights, which actually ARE cheap by comparison to these materials lol.
Don't be lying. You wanted to see David in some tights.

giphy.gif

It's the first thing you always see. That and "busy" are what I see about every suit reveal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"