The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Really if it wasn't for David and Rachel I wouldn't give two ****s about this project.

giphy.gif

The suit aside, what’s the general consensus here about what we see in the background? New Rockstars seemed to think it’s Brainiac, while BobaTalks thinks it’s hinting at Mongul and Warworld. I’m leaning towards Mongul because I think he might be a good one-off, first movie villain, whereas Brainiac is someone you probably want to build towards. I also think that if Dave Bautista is in this movie (and he might be, given some of his cryptic social media posts), Mongul is a role that he would be perfect for.

Also, do we think that one skyscraper is Lexcorp tower? I’m thinking it is. It’s shaped similarly to one design of Luthor’s HQ (which Eric Voss pointed out). Also, it’s the tallest building in the city (as it should be).

Tbh, my first thought was that it’s some stock image or just a fun background—not actually indicative of an actual scene or villain reveal. I can’t imagine that’s actually Clark’s apartment with floor-to-ceiling windows.

I just saw this as another day in the life of Superman. He’s putting his boots on, one at a time, just like the rest of us, and getting to work.

Now, maybe that’s just me being naive.

Gunn hasn’t been shy about promoting All-Star Superman, so it could very well be a hint to Solaris the sun eater. Hopefully not War World.

Maybe the Skull Ship? I’d like to see Brainiac but really hoping Gunn brings us something new if we’re in for yet another invasion-type story.

Sean Connery red thong suit in zardoz is a better first look than this. To quote the great Jlo, those who know…know.

Besides the fact that he looks depressed, I hate how the top doesn’t seem to fit him
well. It doesn’t need to be skin tight but all those extra folds make it look even more rubbery than normal.

I remember the behind the scenes for Falcon and Winter Soldier showed how they CGI’d out the extra fabric in Sam’s new suit around the mask area to give it a cleaner look. They couldn’t have done the same here?

It is Brother Eye from the OMAC Project :)
Next you're gonna tell me Maxwell Lord is controlling it and not some con artist who stole a wishing stone and his bodyguard is some girl Bruce had a one night stand while on the run.

The suit aside, what’s the general consensus here about what we see in the background? New Rockstars seemed to think it’s Brainiac, while BobaTalks thinks it’s hinting at Mongul and Warworld. I’m leaning towards Mongul because I think he might be a good one-off, first movie villain, whereas Brainiac is someone you probably want to build towards. I also think that if Dave Bautista is in this movie (and he might be, given some of his cryptic social media posts), Mongul is a role that he would be perfect for.

Also, do we think that one skyscraper is Lexcorp tower? I’m thinking it is. It’s shaped similarly to one design of Luthor’s HQ (which Eric Voss pointed out). Also, it’s the tallest building in the city (as it should be).
The fact he didn’t put the Daily Planet globe in the backdrop makes me think it’s just a random day in the life of image.

My feelings on it are mixed but overall leaning positive:

Cons:

- The fit on Corenwset is... strange. Looks bulky and weirdly bunched up in movement.

- The colours are still too dark looking for my taste.

- It's clearly over-designed. Not as much as the hideous texture of the Godawful MoS/BvS suits but the lines are just overkill.

Pros:

- It's very distinct! Immediately doesn't look anything like any other screen iteration of Superman.

- The collar looks good. I cannot believe I am saying this. I hate collars on Superman deeply.

- It has a bit of a space adventure hero vibe to it, I feel, which is exactly what I want a Superman design to project. Just has a very science fiction feel to it.

- The way the cape connects is baller.

- Kingdom Come symbol supremacy now and forever.

My feelings on it are mixed but overall leaning positive:

Cons:

- The fit on Corenwset is... strange. Looks bulky and weirdly bunched up in movement.

- The colours are still too dark looking for my taste.

- It's clearly over-designed. Not as much as the hideous texture of the Godawful MoS/BvS suits but the lines are just overkill.

Pros:

- It's very distinct! Immediately doesn't look anything like any other screen iteration of Superman.

- The collar looks good. I cannot believe I am saying this. I hate collars on Superman deeply.

- It has a bit of a space adventure hero vibe to it, I feel, which is exactly what I want a Superman design to project. Just has a very science fiction feel to it.

- The way the cape connects is baller.

- Kingdom Come symbol supremacy now and forever.
Nix the collar and I'm completely fine. It just looks like a turtle neck to me for some reason.

So they want to start over and show it’s different from the Snyderverse.

And the first official shot is Superman looking depressed in a dirty suit while there is an attack going on outside his window.

Not a hopeful Superman. Not a smiling Superman. The same sullen depressed Superman we got for 3 movies.
That’s not what I got from that at all. Lol

I guess it’s a Rorschach test.

I saw it as him going right back out to fight again. He’s not stopping between emergencies clean his costume. Stop a fire, thinks he’s about to get a break, nope.. put your uniform back on….

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

• C. Lee
      Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kimcity
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"