The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

If your clone theory doesn't pan out, that's the only explanation I can think of right now. It doesn't make any sense! :funny:
That's what I'm saying!!! I'm not married to this "clone theory" at all, but I legitimately can't think of any other logical reason to do this. You would think if anything, they would dye them darker since they've already done so to his hair.

3d6b9443e322a1195f99b129ed1b3ada9bbf86b7.gifv

Maybe it wasn't for work... maybe he was just trying something? 😅
Like, I can't even buy this because they aren't like that when he's not on set. :funny:
Maybe they attempted to dye his brows to match his new hair but FAILED. So, they eventually had to shave them off, and they aren't fully grown in yet?? :awesome:

You know..... I don't completely mind the pose.
The background imo doesn't work, and in the chilled settings some of you have posted, it makes more sense.

If they were going for a workmanlike Supes image, having a 'calm' background and him taking off the boots would have served better... Like, 'I've saved the world and now I'm home'.

I'd preferred a pic of him standing while taking off the cape.

You know..... I don't completely mind the pose.
The background imo doesn't work, and in the chilled settings some of you have posted, it makes more sense.

If they were going for a workmanlike Supes image, having a 'calm' background and him taking off the boots would have served better... Like, 'I've saved the world and now I'm home'.

I'd preferred a pic of him standing while taking off the cape.
I think with some of the backlash the reveal received, hopefully we'll get another reveal of David for SDCC in a more dynamic pose and a full reveal of the suit and what the trunks may look like. Givin the response, that forces Gunn's hand.

The reveal has easily grown on me. The blending of all legacies of the Superman suit works for me. In hindsight and nitpick, if they were to go with the "Get ready" photo, I would have preferred them go with the Kent Farm in the background and Clark sitting in the home/barn overlooking a sunny horizon. Or, keep the Fortress theme for a background. But I understand Gunn wanted to show the colors of the action of the world created. Overall, though, I think Gunn will deliver.

Yeah I don't see a guy looking sad. I see a guy who's gonna help, even if all the other heroes, the government, the people, whoever, have told him he's not needed or that they don't want him around. I see the resolve of a guy who's got work to do, because he can't turn a blind eye. Rorschach test indeed!
I have a feeling that if you had a picture where there’s a threat to the public outside the window and Clark is finishing up putting on his suit with a smile on his face, the reaction would (rightly) have been “why is he smiling? People are dying outside.”
It probably is a Rorschach test, but it also is just that it’s really hard to please people.

I have a feeling that if you had a picture where there’s a threat to the public outside the window and Clark is finishing up putting on his suit with a smile on his face, the reaction would (rightly) have been “why is he smiling? People are dying outside.”
It probably is a Rorschach test, but it also is just that it’s really hard to please people.
This is exactly it. We've all been doing this for awhile now. We were always going to be in a "damned if you do; damned if you don't" situation. The things I've seen from the fanbase is ironic, to say the least.

Some were making fun of the fact that we were going to get the uber saturated Reeve rendition and some were making fun that we weren't going to get the muted colors with a non-smiling Superman. All the fanbase wants to do is fight with each other. It's already old and has been old forever.

I'll stick by my stance of enjoying thing I wasn't expecting. I like this reveal because it wasn't what I was expecting. It was one of the main reasons why I liked what Zack did with the Snyderverse. Gunn surprisingly went against the grain of what we thought we'd get..and I respect the hell out of that. It's different.

Last edited:
I'd love a poster of Supes floating down to kids with balloons that they accidentally let go. Something that counters the "supes has important shiz to do" image we got.

I feel like people are looking at it like a still from the movie but it's really just a look at the suit in a stylised way

I'd love a shot of him flying out the fortress. That was one of my favorite parts of the Reeve movie AFTER he put on the suit.

And I hear you all about not being able to please people. It's why I've mostly stayed away from comments on social media. It's either going to be "Restore the Snyderverse" or "Christopher Reeve is the ONLY Superman".

We go through this every time a new Superman project comes along and I'm tired.

As for the suit, I know someone said it had sort of a militaristic space hero vibe to it, and when I think about in that context, I'm okay with it. I also think that's why it might've belonged to Jor-El.

It reminds me of his hairstyle in the Netflix series Hollywood, particularly as it's styled in this scene. And that's pretty damn close to what I was looking for!

maxresdefault.jpg

Instead of Ma making the suit, Martha should come up with the curl. I can see Clark coming out in the suit for the first time with nice slicked back hair with no curl, and Ma goes over and fixes him up like an old school mother would and she puts her hands through his hair to fix it and the curl drops lol. That would be a humorous moment.

With all the countless memes that have now popped up, it's just going to be a constant reminder of what a poor decision it was to reveal the suit in this way.

I still don't understand what James Gunn was thinking. I'll be real curious if he gives any sort of insight why he chose to debut the suit in this way.

Is the green beam emanating from the giant space ball, or is it being directed toward the giant space ball? :oop:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"