The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Twitter strikes again.

View attachment 89644

giphy.gif

I always love first reveals just solely on the fact that I can always go back in time after the movie has come out and reread the first reactions.

Does anyone remember how a lot of people hated Heath's Joker photo a year before TDK came out?

Pepperidge farm remembers

I always love first reveals just solely on the fact that I can always go back in time after the movie has come out and reread the first reactions.

Does anyone remember how a lot of people hated Heath's Joker photo a year before TDK came out?

I don't think there's anything bad with having strong impressions or opinions based on first reveals. It's stuff the studio is intentionally putting out there so people have an opinion on it. It's totally fair for people to change their mind as well.

I don't think there's anything bad with having strong impressions or opinions based on first reveals. It's stuff the studio is intentionally putting out there so people have an opinion on it. It's totally fair for people to change their mind as well.
I think that is kind of what he is saying.

I am guessing Gunn feels much the same way Kane does.

I also remember the Thanos statue reveal was hated too. It happens and we all move on :)

This is a total guess...but I think the point of the reveal picture is to show the scope of the film. Something big is happening but Superman still has to put his boots on one at a time to fight it. He has a life outside Superman.
A (playful) rhetorical question: Why do we always see CK ripping his shirt open but not unbuckling his belt, unzipping his fly and dropping his trousers? Well, the former is a famously iconic image. The latter falls into the category of “too much information.” We assume it happens; but it’s not something we actually need to see. :cwink:

Granted, putting on boots is a more innocuous activity. And there is a sense in which The Photo, as you mentioned, conveys a kind of real-world verisimilitude. But perhaps that nuance would come across better in the third or fourth photo of a series. I'm just not sure it was the best first image to use.

Late af, but I think the pose is great and immediately differentiates this Superman from any other. The costume is just okay to me so far, but I like the idea behind it. Kind of a workwear, blue-collar vibe.

In general, I like how these first reveals of Supes sort of serve as a commentary on the previous take. Routh's reveal = We know you loved Christopher Reeve, so here's our best attempt at recreating that. Cavill's reveal - This time there will be action. Corenswet's reveal = We get that he's really powerful, but he's also just a regular guy.

Curious as to why he dropped it now. Entirely random or are they about to start up outdoors?

A (playful) rhetorical question: Why do we always see CK ripping his shirt open but not unbuckling his belt, unzipping his fly and dropping his trousers? Well, the former is a famously iconic image. The latter falls into the category of “too much information.” We assume it happens; but it’s not something we actually need to see. :cwink:

Granted, putting on boots is a more innocuous activity. And there is a sense in which The Photo, as you mentioned, conveys a kind of real-world verisimilitude. But perhaps that nuance would come across better in the third or fourth photo of a series. I'm just not sure it was the best first image to use.

Maybe it's a hint that we are getting a more realistic approach into his daily life. Maybe not a "changing his clothes step by step tutorial", but... you know... showing something we haven't seen before. Which, for me, is always a plus. The Batman managed to give more information about his daily routine as a vigilante (him using a backpack for example).
I find all of that 100% more interesting than magical helmets and suits appearing from nowhere.

At least filming later this month at the Terminal, maybe Corenswet is apart of the shoot there

So if that is indeed Solaris, what do people think of this theory going around that the suit looking baggy is because Superman is robbed of his power here.

Sure, I completely agree that the suit looking baggy still might not make the best first impression, whether it fits the story or not, but it's interesting to consider.

So if that is indeed Solaris, what do people think of this theory going around that the suit looking baggy is because Superman is robbed of his power here.

Sure, I completely agree that the suit looking baggy still might not make the best first impression, whether it fits the story or not, but it's interesting to consider.
Don't see how that'd have anything to do with it.

Regarding of the weird folds or whatever, I'm reminded of this Gunn quote from the TSS press tour: James Gunn: ‘If superhero movies don’t change, it’s gonna get really boring’

“I was always influenced by Dave Gibbons art and Alan Moore’s Watchmen where the costumes didn’t fit the superheroes perfectly, and they had a little bit of a paunch. They weren’t all perfect bodies; they weren’t all beautiful. When they fought, they were kind of getting in the stupid Bartleby thing of getting into bar fights."

Of course in Superman's case he does have a perfect body and he's probably not gonna get into bar fiths but you can see how he's still clinging onto that type of logic.

Now post a Jared Leto Joker first pic thread, I could use a good laugh/stroll down memory lane

I honestly do like it the more I look at it. Especially the almost pastel yellowness of the belt, honestly would only do away with some of the lines around the shoulders and arms

I miss @Anita18. Surprised she didn't come back for The Batman.

This is a time when I wish the stunt person I know here in Atlanta was working on this film. I'd have to prod them on the suit and get their thoughts.

Maybe they'll get pulled into the film later I'll get some insight.

You inspired me to take a stroll down memory lane - definitely had a better reaction to the MOS suit 😅

Screenshot_20240507_205603_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240507_205803_Chrome.jpg

I'm gonna go cringe at my 23 year old self now 😅😬

Link below for anyone curious about their reaction back then.

You inspired me to take a stroll down memory lane - definitely had a better reaction to the MOS suit 😅

View attachment 89660
View attachment 89661

I'm gonna go cringe at my 23 year old self now 😅😬

Link below for anyone curious about their reaction back then.

Oh lord this was before I joined. I was LibidoLoca then. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"