• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

metamorpho.gif

Do they have the secret service guarding the production of this movie or something

What if they haven't actually started shooting yet and this is all an elaborate prank?

We know they are in Macon, and we know they are going, sadly to Ohio in June, so I check ever day for anything to see if we can get an update to characters, David, anything. Please give us anything, YOU BASTARDS

Sucks but at the same time, I'll find it weirdly comforting to finally SEE their efforts to hide it from us this time, instead of the constant state of "where are they? We know they're filming! How can there be no pics or evidence?!?!" we've been living in for the last several weeks. :hehe:

Sucks but at the same time, I'll find it weirdly comforting to finally SEE their efforts to hide it from us this time, instead of the constant state of "where are they? We know they're filming! How can there be no pics or evidence?!?!" we've been living in for the last several weeks. :hehe:
1716419542999.gif

Yeah, I kind of appreciate the efforts they are putting in to keep the production under wraps. Just shows how important they consider this movie and the effort being put into it. Honestly I'm fine not seeing much of anything until they are far enough along to release a trailer. The movie is going to be a next year thing no matter what so I'm good on just knowing that they are filming.

Fingers crossed that the end result is all worth it.

We certainly don't want or need another SR or MOS situation where the fan base and public are divided.
You will never please everyone no matter what you do, you just won't. Some will complain no matter what.
The goal is, or should be, to please the majority.

We have yet to have that with superman.
Well, not since STM anyway, but that was pre internet and before everybody was analyzing every little detail during production.

All of us trying to look through windows like:

spying-russell-crowe.gif

We certainly don't want or need another SR or MOS situation where the fan base and public are divided.
You will never please everyone no matter what you do, you just won't. Some will complain no matter what.
The goal is, or should be, to please the majority.

We have yet to have that with superman.
Well, not since STM anyway, but that was pre internet and before everybody was analyzing every little detail during production.
Listen I have seen YouTube reactors destroy Matt Reeves Batman movie so you really can’t please everyone in the DC universe unfortunately. If Gunn and David gives us an older version of a My Adventures with Superman Kal-El we should be fine.

Listen I have seen YouTube reactors destroy Matt Reeves Batman movie so you really can’t please everyone in the DC universe unfortunately. If Gunn and David gives us an older version of a My Adventures with Superman Kal-El we should be fine.
Hell, the costume reveal alone, and reactions from online or even forums such as this one also prove you can't please everyone!

But as far as pleasing the majority- not every film can be that special four quadrant movie that just hits at the right time, like Top Gun Maverick. Right now, Gunn just needs to make a solid film. I enjoy Man of Steel, but see how it's divisive, and there are parts of Superman Returns that I enjoy, even though it's just Bryan Singer's love letter to Richard Donner. With Superman in particular, there will always be defectors or those who just don't like the final product. I mean, there's no guarantee that Superman, and the DCU by extension, work out or reach the heights that Zaslav wants. By the same token, there's every chance that it works out in the end. So, again, they just need a solid film. Doesn't need to change the face of superhero movies.

While I applaud their desire to keep things under wraps, I can't help but worry that this will mess up the natural lighting for exterior shots like this.
It's also a bit strange to me for them to allow thing at all to leak... isn't that part of generating hype & discussion?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"