• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Anime Tie in DVD (Gotham Knight)

they're just sketches anyways..i'd say that's only what it might look like. i doubt they'll use the oval. if they do, then i wouldnt care too much. but for continuity purposes, they'll probably use an all black(no yellow oval) suit similar to the movie suits.

i'm just glad they're doing this. i really hope it'll be anime styled like cowboy bebop and not say...pokemon or something. i think when people on these boards hear batman+anime, they think of teen titans. i think this will be more along the lines of the animatrix thing.

it IS gonna be bad ass. if you cross batman and anime, you'll get one awesome piece of goodness.

if you've read "batman: child of dreams," that was basically batman anime. well manga i guess...but anyways...people on these boards tend to think if u cross batman and anime, u get teen titans; pokemon is not the only anime in the world.

chances are, this dtv will probably be cowboy bebop-like.

oh is there a photo of this image that was originally hosted on a geocities site at the convention

And besides, those are probably just VERY early designs. Things could change between now and when it's finished.

How fortunate no one is forcing ya'll to look at it. :o

I'm not a big fan of anime either, but TRUE, artistic anime is an absolute beaut to watch, and I think it will compliment Batman's world very well in a stylistic sense.

Animatrix was a wonderful addition, and shows what can be done with great talent, regardless of animation design.
Absolutely.

The synopsis is totally consistent with the focus groups that both thedarksoldier and myself attended on Friday.

as far as the batman designs go, again basing this on the animatrix, each director's style will be different. the art will be different, and the take on the characters will be different, while still be consistent with the general world nolan has thus far created. hopefully nolan is overseeing the creation of these cartoons so that they don't leave gaping plot holes.

I am not sure I like this idea too much. A tie in to TDK??? Hmmm, it will only work if Nolan and the stars are involved in this project in some way. Otherwise, it is going to be dumb.

If this is akin to Animatrix, I'm all for it. :up: I'm not a fan of anime either, but the stuff in Animatrix was definitely not for kiddies, and the style didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Anime in Japan definitely has more range than American animation.

It looks pretty good so far.

It could create a line of figures, which would be awesome if it does.

as far as the batman designs go, again basing this on the animatrix, each director's style will be different. the art will be different, and the take on the characters will be different, while still be consistent with the general world nolan has thus far created. hopefully nolan is overseeing the creation of these cartoons so that they don't leave gaping plot holes.

Precisely. :up:

IT could be really good or really bad, also this is a genuine question what kind of American Animation do you like? Venture Bros?

Venture Bros is indeed badass one of my favorite shows

mine too. i love how they just use various actual characters and recreate them for their show, like fantastic four and stuff. plus they used colbert as professor impossible. classic.

I love how Brock crushed a mans hand with his ass then used it as a club to escape from dreaded ghost pirates.

yeah, brock is pretty much the coolest guy ever.

Man this is very good to hear. Just know that you played a big part in the making of this anime. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"