The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Info Hunters Thread - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think having a trailer kinda like Begins would be cool.

But show flashes of Bane as a young boy, all the stuff with Ra's if that is true. And have Hardy doing the voice over. Saying things like "I've been searching for you, waiting patiently." Then just have a bunch of build up clips (I admit the first part of the trailer I have not fully thought out.) but having it build up to a shot just like the pic we got of Bane walking into a cave opening. Then show him looking over his shoulder at some one in the cave. His voice over saying..."I have found you."

And then just have quick clips of some one being thrown around in the cave smashing into things. And Bane just kicking the crap out of this person. Now this person is on the ground bloody and messed up, and we see that it is Bruce. Bruce is lying next to his cowl with blood all over his face. Then end it with Bane saying something cool, like I will break you! Or what have you. Then ending the teaser.

I just think it would be a cool revelation to the GA. Seeing some one they don't know about, beating up someone then at the end realizing that it is Bruce/Batman getting his a** handed to him.

I know its a terrible description but I think if I had time to lay it out it would be a cool teaser. But that is just a dream. It would be cool to see though.

Probably when he really wants to kick the crap out of people. I figure it is mainly just used as a device for venom injections. So maybe during more intense battles he will be wearing it.

I think when he has to fight or among the public.

Kind of amazing that we're going through a full 1,000 post thread on a news day!

And that was just one picture lol. Imagine a trailer.

Matthew Modine, Joey King & Tom Conti join ‘The Dark Knight Rises’

Joey King: (maybe Selina Kyle as a child ;)? )

I would have preferred a mask like the gas mask Ras used in Begins when he gased Gotham. That mask he's wearing looks... weird and uncomfortable. I'd even prefer a luchador mask. I mean its ****ing Bane FFS.

I would have preferred a mask like the gas mask Ras used in Begins when he gased Gotham. That mask he's wearing looks... weird and uncomfortable. I'd even prefer a luchador mask. I mean its ****ing Bane FFS.

First character reveal and you already don't like something about their design. It's going to be a loooooong year :cwink:

So anything awesome happen when I was away... or was it just the Bane pic.

Which is more than enough. I'm not complaining. :yay:

First character reveal and you already don't like something about their design. It's going to be a loooooong year :cwink:

It sure is!

Though to be honest back before TDK was in production i liked the Joker when he was revealed. I think i was even positive (or at least hopeful) for the TDK batsuit. But then i saw it in the movie. So i havent always been whining.

Since the first pic of Joker and Bane came out in the same month, both using viral marketing, it seems TDKR marketing will mirror that of TDK's marketing greatly. So I think we can expect a teaser trailer in July attached to Harry Potter DH Pt2.

Ya if I had tubes in the back of my head, I'm sure no matter what kind of mask I'd be uncoftorable. However I've worn a gas mask before, no matter what none of them are "conftorable" it's Bane he's tough enough to take some irritation.

I love the look of it, like some one said it makes him look like a caged animal with a muzzle. Hardy's look is clearly..."Don't mess with me."

The ninja gas mask would have been cool, where is has white down the middle to personalize it. Even though this mask doesn't scream Bane to me, it looks as if a skeletal hand is covering his mouth.

How often do you think Bane is going to be wearing his mask in the film?
I imagined Bane's mask was more like a "recharging" device, something that he wore while he slept that performed some kind of intravenous therapy function.

Also I don't think he would want to wear it during fights because it would obstruct his vision. It also looks kind of heavy and as others stated it would be easy to grab on to during a fight. Basically it would just be a liability during a fight, plus if it got broken I imagine it would be hard to replace.

As far as wearing it in public, I can only think of one reason he would do that, which would be to disguise himself. The only problem with that is (as many, many others have mentioned/complained) it doesn't cover his whole face. Personally I'm glad it doesn't cover his whole face, but it's obvious that it wouldn't be useful (by itself) as a mask to hide his identity.

So the way I see it there are two options:

A. He wears it when he sleeps or during down time to "recharge."
B. He is completely dependent on it and has to wear it all the time.

Last edited:
So anything awesome happen when I was away... or was it just the Bane pic.

Which is more than enough. I'm not complaining. :yay:

this is where the itch really starts to burn, for a long time it was just flirting... then she starts some foreplay and you are asked to wait with the knowledge that she wants it just as much as you...

everything is better with sexual metaphors.

Since the first pic of Joker and Bane came out in the same month, both using viral marketing, it seems TDKR marketing will mirror that of TDK's marketing greatly. So I think we can expect a teaser trailer in July attached to Harry Potter DH Pt2.

Well I guess I will have to go watch Harry Potter then lol. :woot:

The ninja gas mask would have been cool, where is has white down the middle to personalize it. Even though this mask doesn't scream Bane to me, it looks as if a skeletal hand is covering his mouth.
It screams Sub Zero on steroids to me. One of these days i'm gonna photoshop a pic of Sub Zero fighting a jigsaw puzzle and post it here, telling you that its a pic of the final battle between Bane and Batman.

It screams Sub Zero on steroids to me. One of these days i'm gonna photoshop a pic of Sub Zero fighting a jigsaw puzzle and post it here, telling you that its a pic of the final battle between Bane and Batman.

The gas mask from Begins is way more "Mortal Kombat" style then what Bane has on right now. I mean we have not seen the full front of it yet.

Problem is neither would be a relatable leap in logic that the Nolan Batman movies are so good for. I mean sure to a diehard who loves Bane, it may be Luchador or go home, but it wouldn't make sense here. Just wearing a gas mask would be odd. Here we have a balance between some mysterious tech and keeping his mask aesthetic. And we may always see an addition to this mask that makes sense in the course of the movie.

Course for Baine fans I will hope he isn't another Scarecrow, but I think the lesson was learned from that character.

From the previous topic:
Nah nothing yet. I just hope the teaser trailer revolves around him. I have one worked out in my mind that would be awesome.
From people available, I wonder. He doesn't really have an aesthetic to get behind like the Joker. A very deep and interesting character, but he is a brute. Not much ARG mystery there.

I wonder if we may see someone else enter the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"