• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Affleck also feels plain wrong for a presumably more cartoony Batman film. None of these projects feel like terribly natural fits for him.

Or he could be in talks to direct one of the projects that James Gunn hasn't announced yet.

I don't know, I still feel he'd probably do fine with the Lanterns concept. *shrugs*

Affleck is a huge Batman fan and who knows just how cartoony The Brave and the Bold will be. Damian, the Batfamily and the League of Assassins aren't really that fantastical, neither is Deathstroke if Affleck wants to use the elements of his script. But then again, the chapter is called Gods and Monsters.

I do wonder if like, that theory going around of him helming Brave and the Bold and his Batman script being re-worked into it could end up being true. I wouldn't be against it honestly.

Lanterns could also be a good project for him given the True Detective nature it seems to be going for. But that's assuming he's in talks with Gunn to direct something other than a movie.
I swear it was like Gunn and Safran were coached to name drop popular HBO shows to get positive buzz going for these projects.

Those comic choices are very good signs for me.

Having a brain trust that includes Tom King, Drew Goddard of Daredevil fame, Watchmen's Crystal Henry, and Doom Patrol's Jeremy Carver is nothing to scoff at either.

Don't get mad at me for saying this y'all but...I'm wondering if All Star Superman is a little bit too...out there for general audiences though? I know, they're not gonna be adapting that story directly but if thats the vibe and tone theyre aiming for, i dont know. I know everyone loves Morrison but that book gets really wacky and sci-fi-y.

Don't get mad at me for saying this y'all but...I'm wondering if All Star Superman is a little bit too...out there for general audiences though? I know, they're not gonna be adapting that story directly but if thats the vibe and tone theyre aiming for, i dont know. I know everyone loves Morrison but that book gets really wacky and sci-fi-y.
Don't worry, I don't love Morrison or that book! :funny:

Doesn't say anything for how the slate will turn out but Gunn does have by far the best and most interesting taste in comics out of anyone who has landed a gig like this. Impeccable choices.

What ?! No "The Long Halloween" or "The Dark Knight Returns" ?!

:o

Affleck is a huge Batman fan and who knows just how cartoony The Brave and the Bold will be. Damian, the Batfamily and the League of Assassins aren't really that fantastical, neither is Deathstroke if Affleck wants to use the elements of his script. But then again, the chapter is called Gods and Monsters.

Not sure about Affleck's involvement, but I agree on this point. Morrison's Batman in particular gets rather dark in places.

comic-excerpt-morrisons-joker-is-one-of-the-creepiest-and-v0-pj9936dwx4i91.jpg

N6NIk3IVWwMMFl-J8Ji2NWJpYu1pKMdBOzLwzn7jNOw.jpg

2815329-dwrobin.jpeg

I'm hoping that if WBD green lights a third WW film, that the director works well with Gadot the way Patty did on the first WW. Jenkins was able to coax a genuine performance from her.

He is being so vague about Gal... Is she playing hard ball or are they? She still has to get paid for Wonder Woman 3 right?

I'd actually like Affleck to take a stab at a Batman Beyond movie. I think he'd have fun with that.

Hopefully they do recast gadot.

Seen some hint at Affleck directing superman...Would be an interesting choice.I assume he has learned from snyder on directing cape action a bit actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"