• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

That theme is fantastic, but I have this nagging feeling that if Gal stuck around and played a reinvented take on the character, they'd just make a new theme for her.

Personally, I'd prefer they didn't, but since Gunn and Safran are picking and choosing what remains and what doesn't, if Gal remained in the role, I imagine they'd get a different composer for a new theme since Gunn's building a new universe...that happens to include a chunk of actors and characters he specifically has worked with, but I guess them's the breaks when you're the DC Studios co-head.

Before BvS release, when they dropped the "Is she with you?" track, I honestly thought this theme was for Doomsday.
Despite the title, it was a no-brainer for me. It just sounded very menacing, crazy, apocalyptic, with rough textures like... well, a horrible beast on a rampage.

I still accept it for Wonder Woman no problem, but it also very quickly became some sort of a meme with my friends. I don't know, it always sounded a little bit cheesy to us, even in the way it was sometimes utilized (but not as much as that "ancient chant" gimmick Junkie XL used at every ****ing frame with the character in the Snyder Cut).

Yeah, I won't miss it.

Last edited:
My preferred WW theme is the “Truth” one Zimmer came up with for WW84. That one was beautiful, majestic and just stellar. It’s a big part of the reason that score is one of my all-time fave CBM scores. That and the Themyscira one.

My preferred WW theme is the “Truth” one Zimmer came up with for WW84. That one was beautiful, majestic and just stellar. It’s a big part of the reason that score is one of my all-time fave CBM scores. That and the Themyscira one.

I've got big qualms with WW84 but Zimmer's score for that movie is FAN-****ing--tastic. I've had it in constant rotation since. "Open Road" just gets my adrenaline going every time.

Arguably the two best things to come out of the entire DCEU thus far are Wonder Woman's theme and Superman's theme. Zimmer has been the MVP for that company for decades.

"What are you going to do when you're not saving the world," is one of my favorite pieces of music ever. The sad thing about Superman's theme though is that it was never used to its potential. We never got that big triumphant moment in any of Henry's movies where that theme was used in all its glory.

"What are you going to do when you're not saving the world," is one of my favorite pieces of music ever. The sad thing about Superman's theme though is that it was never used to its potential. We never got that big triumphant moment in any of Henry's movies where that theme was used in all its glory.
I’m still mad that piece only ever properly played over the end credits. What a waste.

Gunn taking down the Snyder Bros. one at a time. :funny:

Neo.gif

the movie about nike and air jordans that ben affleck directed for amazon looks good, based on the trailer.

Yeah Ben was on a hot streak for a while with The Town, Argo, Gone Girl but then around the time of BvS/ Live By Night he's been very hot and cold with the movies he directs and stars in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"