• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

....it's 2025. Whitewashing Ra's/Talia is very 2010. They'd need to be recast. They dont need that kind of backlash.

Well, I won't open up that can of fish .
All I'm saying, is what WBD might be thinking, not what you or I may feel about the casting.

So we're back to "Bale as Batman" rumors? Jeez. It's 2013 all over again. Time is a flat circle.

I bet Grace Randolph is literally just making **** up; she knows this will get her some clicks. I hope James Gunn shuts her down.

Well, I won't open up that can of fish .
All I'm saying, is what WBD might be thinking, not what you or I may feel about the casting.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were thinking that but even if they were, they need to move on from that thought.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were thinking that but even if they were, they need to move on from that thought.

Well again, what we feel they need to do, and what they feel they need to , or want to do ,are two separate things in general , let alone in casting the DCU.

I could make a whole list of the down sides of bringing Bale back in general, but the purpose of my post was getting into the heads of WBD execs ,and why they might want Bale back ,and what they may be thinking.

I'd hate seeing Bale back. The whole point of his story is that he had an ending.

Hard to guess how Brave and the Bold is gonna turn out, but with Morrison's Batman & Robin as a base, I imagine it a little zany, a little weird, Schumacher-esque primary colors, a comically moody young kid and Bat-cow. Bale's Batman, or even Affleck as director, wouldn't match that and would probably feel like a re-do of Reeves's grounded Batman, which I don't think is the point. I think they want a Batman that young kids can like as much as they like Iron Man.

I'd hate seeing Bale back. The whole point of his story is that he had an ending.

Hard to guess how Brave and the Bold is gonna turn out, but with Morrison's Batman & Robin as a base, I imagine it a little zany, a little weird, Schumacher-esque primary colors, a comically moody young kid and Bat-cow. Bale's Batman, or even Affleck as director, wouldn't match that and would probably feel like a re-do of Reeves's grounded Batman, which I don't think is the point. I think they want a Batman that young kids can like as much as they like Iron Man.
I mean... Iron Man is way closer in tone to something Affleck would direct than what you're describing.

That's one of the reasons why I could see the rumor being BS.

While Bale's a good actor, and I think he could pull off a very different type of Batman, I would think that Gunn truly wants to put his own mark on the Batman mythos ,and do his own thing with it .

I would think he'd want another actor to play his version of Batman.

Bringing back Bale goes against that a bit .

Not saying that's enough to prevent him from being Bale back.

* Bringing Bale back also brings in the possibility that perhaps they get Liam Neeson and Marion Cottillard back as variants of Ras and Talia.

I don't see a reason why , Neeson in particular, wouldn't want to return to the Batman series if offered. He returned to play Qui Jonn Jinn.

Yeah, you could cast new actors as Ras and Talia, but it's freaking Liam Neeson and Marion Cottillard. If you could get them back with Bale, why skip that opportunity ?
Because Gunn probably wants to go more ethnically accurate for those roles. He liked a couple tweets talking about Damian's middle eastern heritage and why it's important. Also casting new actors in those roles would also make it clearer this is a new version of Batman.

Because Gunn probably wants to go more ethnically accurate for those roles. He liked a couple tweets talking about Damian's middle eastern heritage and why it's important. Also casting new actors in those roles would also make it clearer this is a new version of Batman.

I didn't know that .
That pretty much means we're getting a new Ras then.

An actor of middle eastern descent would certainly further distinguish Bale's new version from Nolan's , assuming Bale is coming back

I didn't know that he'd even engaged that much on the fan discussion about Damien's heritage.

If Gunn likes those tweets ,then he it'd be hard to see him not go that route, even if he brings Bale back.

Think the rumor is half true. There will be a cameo from another Batman actor but he won’t be the DCU Batman

Bale is definitely the Batman most moviegoers of today have fondness for. If he ever comes back it will be a huge deal.

While Ras was awesome in the Nolan films...Talia sucked. Bad characterization and awful execution. They can do so much better than that lame swerve and motivation.

Also, IF - if they get Bale back... hope he makes 2x $ of what RDJ did on Endgame and for only like a 15 second cameo.

Break Zaslav, Bane style.

While Ras was awesome in the Nolan films...Talia sucked. Bad characterization and awful execution. They can do so much better than that lame swerve and motivation.

Yeah.
I liked Cottillard in Inception , but her Talia definitely was a weak point in TDKR.

In my head canon, Bane is the only villain of that film:funny:.

My understanding is Bale turned down a fortune to be in BVS.
I heard that rumor at the time as well ($50mil, I believe it was?), but I’m not sure I ever believed it, especially after that interview describing how he felt when he heard Affleck had been hired. I know he did an interview later where he talked about how they asked him and Nolan to do a fourth and they both agreed it was always meant to be a trilogy and said no, but that’s not quite the same thing, as that was about honoring the story they had told with their Bruce. Snyder said he considered offering Bale a non-Batman role in BvS but that Batman was not on the table because he wanted it clear it was a different universe, too. So yeah, I’m not sure I’d buy that he turned down such a massive offer for a role he still at least kinda wanted to do.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ben-Affleck-and-George-Clooney-H-2021.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"