The Doctor Doom Thread

Discussion in 'Fantastic Four' started by Spider-Fan, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

I think we need to remember that Reed is a hero with a conscience, not a cold hearted villain. At least that is how I remember him.

Fluedd likes this.
  2. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

In my opinion, Reed and Doom are very similar and that’s what makes their rivalry so interesting.

They both are smarter than everybody else and they know it and that makes them both confident to the point of being arrogant.

BUT the key difference is Doom cares only about himself and Reed cares about other people and will sacrifice himself for those other people. That’s what makes him a hero.

But caring about other people doesn’t mean he’s warm and cuddly. Because he’s so smart, he can often be short and blunt with others who don’t recognize a situation for what it is or know what’s good for them as well as Reed knows what’s good for them.

That can make Reed rude at times.

When I was a kid, I used to cringe when Reed would call Ben or Johnny or even Sue a “fool”, because he was my hero and I wanted him to be nicer.

But Stan Lee wasn’t writing a perfect person. He was writing a real, flawed character. And the flaws in Marvel characters is what made them work so well.

In fact, I’ve read that Stan Lee based Reed’s flaw of arrogance specifically on himself. He felt that was his own flaw.

And that’s why I’ve never been 100% sold on Krasinski. I think Krasinski is a genuinely nice person and that shows through. I see Reed More like Don Draper in Madmen.

Reed does mean well, but he doesn’t always have the patience or social grace for that to be obvious and sometimes Sue has to figuratively slap him in the face to get him out of his analytical, logical head.

#277 Willie Lumpkin, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    CaptainWagner likes this.
  3. Boom I got nothin'

Matthias Schoenaerts is also a perfect suggestion.

[​IMG]

4. GoblinScrier Registered

Well with news starting to slowly come out (true or not) about Black Panter: Wakanda Forever and the first appearance of Namor, obviously the other news would be about Doom's rumored debut in this...well some sites have been reporting that Doom's rumored debut has been removed and its just Namor only now....again I knew that Doom at one time was the big threat for BP2, then he was reduced to a rumored cameo as being the reason Atlantis and Wakanda go to war (now they are saying Ironheart aka Riri is responsible)....if they have removed Doom from this, I just have to keep asking myself this question: how can you sit on a character like Doom and not use him? It's becoming increasingly frustrating lol

Fluedd likes this.
  5. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I just read something about that.

I think it could be a good thing because introducing Namor and Doom in the same film has the potential to be a mess.

I’d rather see Doom later and done right than have him rushed in a situation that’s not ideal.

Fluedd likes this.
  6. Johnny Richards Registered

Doubt he's out of BP2. He seems to be the reason the Wakandans are going to fight the Atlanteans. I'm confident he'll be in it.

7. Johnny Richards Registered

The situation if true is pretty ideal and not rushed at all.

Doom is basically Thanos in Avengers (2012) or Zemo in Civil War. Those movies were awesome. They weren't messes.

Wakanda vs Atlantis courtesy of Victor Von Doom. Take my money.

8. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

What I read didn’t sound like this. What I read seemed to indicate Doom would split villain time with Namor - not be the primary villain orchestrating everything.

And without us even hearing of Doom prior to this, it sounded rushed - like the writers and directors just thought it would be cool to throw him in there as one of many characters.

Doom should be mysterious. Doom should be ominous. He shouldn’t just be a run-of-the mill villain thrown in on a whim and used for the fun of it.

And from reports that they won’t be doing that with him, it sounds like they may have realized they need to do it better and not rush things.

If they had a great story that used Doom properly, they probably wouldn’t have scrapped it.

9. GoblinScrier Registered

I had heard that Lucia Von Bardas was suppose to be in BP2 and that she would be a representative of Latveria only for Doom to show up as a cameo in the end, that she would allude to her master that no one is the wiser to him starting thr war between Wakanda and Atlantis etc...a way to show his machinations and allude to the world that this guy is a force to be dealt with

10. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

I’d be good with that.

Bottom line, we’re probably seeing rumor on top of rumor with a tiny bit of real info. expanded through speculation into something that’s far from reality.

I’ll just wait with my fingers crossed that we’ll see something cool.

But more important to me than seeing something cool sooner rather later is that they do it right.

Doom just suddenly showing up as a major featured character concerns me, because that could allow 1 writer and 1 director to screw things up with little concern for the long term integrity of the character.

MOM has given me concerns that Kevin Feige may not be as on top of things as he should be.

I’d rather wait 4 years for Doom done right than get a sloppy version of him this year.

#285 Willie Lumpkin, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
  11. GoblinScrier Registered

Well Twitter gets all kinds of gossip both true and fake....two names that keep coming as legit scoopers Charles Murphy (Murphy's Multiverse) and Daniel Lichtman...Daniel yesterday with nothing said or anything simply posted a gif of Doom sitting on a throne...naturally i read all the responses and they were begging him to reveal what it means, where he is starting at, etc....if anyone cares to shed anything on this, enlighten us lol....I am going to assume that his rumored cameo in Wakanda Forever maybe is still in tact...let that begin the first hints of him and Latveria...

12. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

A cameo could be great. A featured role makes me nervous.

They could still do a great job with the latter, but there’s also a lot of risk.

13. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

This is the article I read yesterday, and upon my second reading, it just looks like noise.

But that seems to be true with nearly everything I’m reading on Doom. A lot of rumor and speculation, but almost nothing solid.

This article is written as if it’s fact, but I don’t see anything to make me believe it’s any more credible than the 100 different articles saying 100 different things I’m reading.

Warning, spoilers for MOM:

Marvel Removes Anticipated Villain's Debut From 'Black Panther 2' - Inside the Magic

14. Johnny Richards Registered

He won't be sharing "villain time" with Namor. He'll be the man behind the scenes. Like Thanos in Avengers (2012).

Doom SECRETLY orders T'Challa's murder and orchestrates a war between Wakanda and Atlantis from the shadows. Shuri, Okoye & Ironheart try to figure out what's up.

Honestly, Doom killing a major Marvel superhero as his entrance to the MCU is a PROFOUND statement on how truly evil this man is. There's nothing rushed about that. It's an intro as good as Thanos invading Earth from behind the scenes. People are far from over the fact that T'Challa is dead. Now whenever they see Doom they'll see the man responsible for his death. They'll hate him for that and that's powerful.

It'll finally end the bad rep the FOX movies gave Doom in that he's strictly an FF villain. He's way beyond the FF. So its Doom finally done right via a great filmmaker like Ryan Coogler.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  15. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

Sounds good, but how do you know any of this to be true?

16. Johnny Richards Registered

The same people who were on point about No Way Home and MoM were on point about this last year and nothing's changed.

He was never going to be a main villain or side villain. His people are in the movie. He's sitting quietly in the background. I'm expecting a cameo at the end. But his presence will be felt all throughout.

I honestly try to avoid Reddit when it comes to stuff like this but I think in this case much like with No Way Home it works. People went into No Way Home without official confirmation of Tobey & Andrew's involvement. But Reddit made sure we knew and their intros onscreen were met with thunderous applause. This movie had to be rescued after Boseman died. Doom is rescuing it and Reddit (the studio) is making sure we know.

Stark Bauer and Willie Lumpkin like this.
  17. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

Sounds interesting. I’d like to see something like that so we’ll see what happens.

I tend to get more skeptical as scoopers provide more detailed information.

If Andrew Garfield was on set, for example, that’s the kind of thing many people would know and it’s hard to keep from leaking.

When it comes to intricate story details, a much smaller, more intimate group know those details, and when it comes to that kind of story leak, I tend to believe the axiom “those who know aren’t talking, and those who are talking don’t know”.

Stark Bauer and Johnny Richards like this.
  18. CaptainWagner I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (P) (he/him)

This is almost directly lifted from Thanos' introduction, though... Personally, I would much rather get a proper Doom origin than having him suddenly appear having just been chilling out in Latveria this whole time.

But if we do get Lucia, it should definitely be Sarah Shahi

[​IMG]

19. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

seeing that new Thor trailer that Marvel posted 2 hours ago makes me think whoever is cast as Doom, should be at least as capable an actor as Christian Bale (who seems like the best MCU villain since Thanos), if not more.

Johnny Richards likes this.
  20. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

Stark Bauer likes this.
  21. GoblinScrier Registered

Sounds like someone may have been cast as Doom...he is another fan favorite that has had his name attached to Victor for awhile...much like Mads Mikkelsen another fan fav for Doom, he is also Danish and could easily play Doom...if it becomes a reality I'm down...

Willie Lumpkin and Stark Bauer like this.
  22. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

this is the BIGGEST news since Doctor Strange 2 revealed
    Krasinski as Reed Richards

23. Stark Bauer Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk

this development regarding Doom has given me goosebumps...

I put this together and i got chills. this would be the most epic meeting in the MCU's history
    Doctor Strange 2 spoiler ahead
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#298 Stark Bauer, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
  24. GoblinScrier Registered

Imagine those 2 actors meeting and this exchange happening (Doom's dialogue is perfection)

"Greetings, Richards!"

Stark Bauer likes this.
  25. Fluedd Registered

Jamie Lannister.