The Doctor Doom Thread

I think Álvaro Morte could make for a cool Dr. Doom.

He's not the first one to be saying this but all signs point to Doom making his debut this year

Screenshot_20220602-092030_Twitter.jpg

I’m keeping my finger’s crossed that we’ll get a little bit, but not too much, Doom in Black Panther.

it makes the most logical sense for Doom and/or Namor to appear in BP2. AM3 could see another mention of FF since we know Kang is in it (Avengers villain i know, but i think they might retcon him to be more of a FF foe).

Well more gossip...but take it all with a grain of salt

*Doom makes his debut in BP: Wakanda Forever
*Cameo mid or post credit
*Comic book accurate costume
*actor supposedly donned the costume during audition

Screenshot_20220603-031513_Twitter.jpg

View attachment 56111

:up: Perfect if true.

Does anyone recognize that Doom image? I almost have the feeling I’ve seen it before, but if so, I can’t place it.

It certainly is classic Doom (which may be why it looks so familiar) but it’s blurry enough that it could just be a piece of existing artwork, statue or cosplay or something.

If it’s the real thing, they nailed it.

Last edited:
And even if it is real concept art, it may not be the final version.

But at least they’re going in the right direction.

I may be biased, but I think the roofs will get blown off of theaters if they give us that post-credits scene.

Might be worth attending a midnight show (something I’ve never done) just for the reaction.

I may be biased, but I think the roofs will get blown off of theaters if they give us that post-credits scene.

Might be worth attending a midnight show (something I’ve never done) just for the reaction.

Right? I'll never forget mid credit for Avengers 1 when Thanos showed up...I geeked out big time (despite the guys in front of me was convinced it was Red Skull lmao) but I tell you if Doom looks like his comic book counterpart and has a moment to wow us with his Doom presence, not only will the people go nuts I think they may need a defibrillator on hand to revive me as I will have a Joker style grin on my face after it's done

:up: Perfect if true.

Does anyone recognize that Doom image? I almost have the feeling I’ve seen it before, but if so, I can’t place it.

It certainly is classic Doom (which may be why it looks so familiar) but it’s blurry enough that it could just be a piece of existing artwork, statue or cosplay or something.

If it’s the real thing, they nailed it.

because it looks like the Sideshow Collectibles statue that i posted at least a dozen times here (below) lol.

I love how it looks like a cell phone picture taken with a phone from 1997.

Sideshow-Doctor-Doom-Legendary-Scale-Figure-Close-Up-e1382117830472.jpg
Legendary-Scale-Doctor-Doom-Statue-Figure-Sideshow-Collectibles.png

Right? I'll never forget mid credit for Avengers 1 when Thanos showed up...I geeked out big time (despite the guys in front of me was convinced it was Red Skull lmao) but I tell you if Doom looks like his comic book counterpart and has a moment to wow us with his Doom presence, not only will the people go nuts I think they may need a defibrillator on hand to revive me as I will have a Joker style grin on my face after it's done

TOTALLY. I remember watching Endgame in my city's biggest theatre, the crowd went apesh** when they came out of those portals. Wish I recorded the reaction, because it was as good if not better than the videos that got millions of views. The theatre is an 80 foot IMAX screen that has a capacity of probably 1000 seats. When BP2 & maybe AM3 tickets are released, I will be watching it there and certainly filming the reaction videos for the ending and post credits lol

View attachment 56111

IIRC you are the same user who posted about the actor playing Doom possible being
Nikolaj Coster Waldau
right? If these recent rumours are true. MARVEL will break the internet again.

that Doctor Doom statue is actually 4 feet tall. It cost over $2000 at the time when it went public (probably worth at least 10x more now). It has interchangeable masks, retro look and modern (Adi Granov the designer of the new Iron Man from 2008). I really hope they have Doom in his retro mask at first or in a flashback and then give us the more modern look!

WARNING: NSFW - due to VULGAR LANGUAGE/PROFANITY in video

reading lots of fan feedback on Doom from YT comments..I am not an expert on Doom, but my gut tells me that Doom must be portrayed as the most divisive MCU villain, meaning the audience will most likely not just sympathize with him, but will also root for him. He needs to be portrayed as the greatest comic book villain of all time - greater than Heath Ledger's Joker and even Darth Vader (who Lucas admitted Doom was the inspiration for Vader).

because it looks like the Sideshow Collectibles statue that i posted at least a dozen times here (below) lol.

I love how it looks like a cell phone picture taken with a phone from 1997.

Sideshow-Doctor-Doom-Legendary-Scale-Figure-Close-Up-e1382117830472.jpg
Legendary-Scale-Doctor-Doom-Statue-Figure-Sideshow-Collectibles.png

Yeah, I don’t know if it looks familiar because I’ve actually seen it or if it just looks familiar because I’ve seen so many similar images.

i suspect the latter.

And if it is legit, the familiarity bodes well.

reading lots of fan feedback on Doom from YT comments..I am not an expert on Doom, but my gut tells me that Doom must be portrayed as the most divisive MCU villain, meaning the audience will most likely not just sympathize with him, but will also root for him. He needs to be portrayed as the greatest comic book villain of all time - greater than Heath Ledger's Joker and even Darth Vader (who Lucas admitted Doom was the inspiration for Vader).

I agree, but that is going to be tough.

I think part of it is they need to use him sparingly to keep an air of mystery and awesomeness.

But I’m afraid once they have him they won’t be able to resist overusing him.

I agree, but that is going to be tough.

I think part of it is they need to use him sparingly to keep an air of mystery and awesomeness.

But I’m afraid once they have him they won’t be able to resist overusing him.

you are so right. less is more they say - see the first Alien movie, they barely showed the Alien creature in full light. Perhaps Thanos was a good blueprint to follow since I believe many would rate Thanos as one of the greatest comic book film villains of all time as well. A lot of that is because of the actor, the writing, the build up and the iconic moments and lines that Thanos was given.

I have a question for the posters: How would you like to see Doom portrayed? Specifically do you want to see him using his technology, or his sorcery, or what kind of mix of both?

Although he's always had a bit of a magic background, when Stan Lee wrote him, he mainly focused on his tech and his battle of genius with Reed Richards. Later other writers started to bring the sorcery back in more. In the latest FF issue, he casts a fairy impressive hex. I could see him using some Dr. Strange type special effects and casting spells. But generally, I've always preferred Lee's version. I'd like to see him as about 90% tech, 10% sorcery.

I want technology as his primary weapon with sorcery as an interest/obsession.

When he’s fighting, I want to see him blasting things with weapons built into his armor. I don’t want to see him using spells and incantations during a fight.

But I do want the sorcery element built into the stories as motivation and quests.

I would almost prefer Doom just be tech based and have his tech be so advanced it borders on magic. Skip the sorcery. That is just me

I want to see Doom hand Iron Man-esque characters their ass (Iron Spider, Hulkbuster & War Machine get owned by Doom). Then in the same battle, they send a Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, and Thor to attempt to neutralize Doom. They are easily dispatched. The Avengers are shocked. "He has magic too!?"

My memory isn't the greatest, but I don't recall any of the prior movies touching on Doom's magic, did they? I would be completely happy with a totally tech Doom, a kind of villainess Iron Man despot, but the MCU has done a pretty good job of introducing and portraying sorcery without it seeming too silly, so I'm betting it gets portrayed to some extent.

There was a particular comic book when Doom realized that he had been relying on his technological genius in order to demonstrate his superiority over Richards in that area. And that this was a mistake, so from that point on writers started stressing his use of magic more. Stan Lee planted the seeds of it, but didn't really use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"