The Doctor Doom Thread

compare the main four avengers to their comic book looks. even Thanos was practically ripped from the pages. Doctor Strange imho has the best realized costume in the MCU

I was going to say - Marvel has nailed all the major characters. When they screw around with things, it’s with minor, lesser-known characters.

And there’s no bigger character at Marvel than Doom.

I’ve made this point before, but I think it’s worth repeating.

If you grew up reading Iron Man, you know Doom.

If you were a fan of Captain America or Daredevil or Spider-Man you know Doom.

if you ever watched a Marvel cartoon, you know Doom.

Comic books are made by their villains, and Doom is the biggest and best there has ever been.

Doom is on a par with Spider-man in terms of how well known he is and how important he is to the Marvel Universe.

I was going to say - Marvel has nailed all the major characters. When they screw around with things, it’s with minor, lesser-known characters.
I hope you're right. And yet Fox somehow managed to give him metallic skin in their adaptions. If they have the right conception of Doom, getting his look right should be an afterthought.

I can't shake the feeling they're going to want to show the actor's face. I don't know why, because how is Doom any different from Thanos, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, or even Howard the Duck? All of those characters are played by well known actors, but they don't show their face.

a female villain that is done in a non sexual way usually means making her unattractive and repulsive. think Ursula or Medusa.

Even that wouldn't avoid the sexual element here. Doom is obsessed with Reed, that would entirely get read as sub-rosa-sexual obsession. Emphasizing "Victoria von Doom's" ugliness would just add additional layers of "Ugliness is evil in women". Then you add the very binary nature of the treatment of villainy in women, where everything gets pushed either to "easily forgiven and merely misguided" or "utterly despicable abomination". . .

There is a reason that I am much more skeptical about gender flips for characters than ethnicity changes. It is much, much more fraught.

And there’s no bigger character at Marvel than Doom.

I’ve made this point before, but I think it’s worth repeating.

If you grew up reading Iron Man, you know Doom.

If you were a fan of Captain America or Daredevil or Spider-Man you know Doom.

if you ever watched a Marvel cartoon, you know Doom.

Comic books are made by their villains, and Doom is the biggest and best there has ever been.

Doom is on a par with Spider-man in terms of how well known he is and how important he is to the Marvel Universe.

Geroge Lucas admitted the inspiration for Darth Vader is Doom.

this guy came up with a quadrilogy that would surpass even the Avengers films imho

The one consistent rumor that I have been hoping is true...they said a costume is being designed too (which better be classic comic book Doom) and an actor isn't needed to be known yet, just a very imposing voice if he speaks at all...but can you imagine if Doom not only is responsible for the probable war between Wakanda and Atlantis, but what a great way to have him make his debut than being the one that is responsible for T'Challa's death??? Talk about leaving an impact...

The one consistent rumor that I have been hoping is true...they said a costume is being designed too (which better be classic comic book Doom) and an actor isn't needed to be known yet, just a very imposing voice if he speaks at all...but can you imagine if Doom not only is responsible for the probable war between Wakanda and Atlantis, but what a great way to have him make his debut than being the one that is responsible for T'Challa's death??? Talk about leaving an impact...

Yeah, no reason to have him talk at all.

Imagine an after credits scene with a number of characters from the film. The camera zooms in on the eye of one of the characters (a character that has been present throughout the film and involved in key events) and continues to zoom until we see a highly magnified circuit board so we realize the character was an android.

Then we swing back around to the android’s POV as he/she views the celebration/destruction/funeral whatever.

Then the camera pulls back and we realize the android’s POV is on a video monitor and as the camera continues to pull back, we see an armored figure in a green cloak watching the monitor.

The audience would go nuts.

And not only do we not need to hear his voice, but it would probably be better without any dialogue.

… I mean we won’t hear what he says anyway because the audience will be shouting and cheering.:D

Last edited:
Yeah, no reason to have him talk at all.

Imagine an after credits scene with a number of characters from the film. The camera zooms in on the eye of one of the characters (a character that has been present throughout the film and involved in key events) and continues to zoom until we see a highly magnified circuit board so we realize the character was an android.

Then we swing back around to the android’s POV as he/she views the celebration/destruction/funeral whatever.

Then the camera pulls back and we realize the android’s POV is on a video monitor and as the camera continues to pull back, we see an armored figure in a green cloak watching the monitor.

The audience would go nuts.

And not only do we not need to hear his voice, but it would probably be better without any dialogue.

… I mean we won’t hear what he says anyway because the audience will be shouting and cheering.:D

Ah Willie...you know how much I LOVE the way you think when it comes to all things Doom...that would be another epic idea...one way or another, Doom's Day is coming....

From the Moon Night trailer This was noticed by a You Tuber Canadian Land:

FJaHwKdagAEApUw

What say you @GoblinScrier @Willie Lumpkin? Could it be a reference to the one and only Victor Von Doom?

From the Moon Night trailer This was noticed by a You Tuber Canadian Land:

FJaHwKdagAEApUw

What say you @GoblinScrier @Willie Lumpkin? Could it be a reference to the one and only Victor Von Doom?

Wow! Thanks! First I’m seeing this.

I don’t know much about Moon Knight. Does anyone know enough to speculate a possible connection?

Wow! Thanks! First I’m seeing this.

I don’t know much about Moon Knight. Does anyone know enough to speculate a possible connection?

Omg omg omg...our first real reference??? I mean I have the comics that MK fought Doom with but still...what other "Von D" character could there be lol

Could it be a reference to the one and only Victor Von Doom?
More good news: This means they aren't going with the horrible Ultimate comics "Victor Van Damme" name. Not that I thought they would, but I won't miss an opportunity to express my disdain for the Ultimate version of the FF (at least where the movies are concerned).

Omg omg omg...our first real reference??? I mean I have the comics that MK fought Doom with but still...what other "Von D" character could there be lol

this could be a dream sequence. or it could be Von Doomcoq. i dont know why the retro 60s font like radio flyer vibes...

Detective Conan your username checks out

The next scene in that trailer has the cargo with the rest of the words exposed...it definitely looks like it says Von Doom but there's a word after... can anyone offer help???

Screenshot_20220120-110000_Gallery.jpg

Too hard for me to make out, but is it possible it says von DoomBots?

Also, is there an illustration below the name?

And in the original photo, it looks like German “Die” something.

Well sadly the Doom reference has been debunked...it's the name of the company on the boxes..von Dommerman or something its been shown in a break down video of the MK trailer...oh well back to the drawing board...makes me sad...are we EVER gonna see Doom or Latveria ever? Maybe it's not meant to be lol

Well sadly the Doom reference has been debunked...it's the name of the company on the boxes..von Dommerman or something its been shown in a break down video of the MK trailer...oh well back to the drawing board...makes me sad...are we EVER gonna see Doom or Latveria ever? Maybe it's not meant to be lol
Well, that's a dirty trick. Wait... Victor Von Dommerman? Nah.

Yeah, when we saw yesterday the name was something other than simply “Von Doom”, I started to worry.

And while it’s still unclear what the exact name is, the fact that it’s a cupcake truck would seem to seal it that they’re not boxes of high tech weaponry.

… still, there’s obviously much more going on here than we know. There is something dangerous going on, they are in Europe, there is a name that’s suspiciously close to “Von Doom”, so while it seems like it’s not as cool as we hoped, there are still possibilities. I mean, if you do have boxes of high tech weaponry, you’re not going to label them “High Tech Weaponry”, right? A cupcake truck might be good cover.

… still, there’s obviously much more going on here than we know. There is something dangerous going on, they are in Europe, there is a name that’s suspiciously close to “Von Doom”, so while it seems like it’s not as cool as we hoped, there are still possibilities. I mean, if you do have boxes of high tech weaponry, you’re not going to label them “High Tech Weaponry”, right? A cupcake truck might be good cover.
Lol, a stretch but possible. More fun than thinking it's a mere coincidence.
Or maybe Doom's face gets disfigured in an explosion at his cupcake factory, and his face is burned by hot cupcake batter. All that blasted Richards' fault, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"