The Doctor Doom Thread

I think this is very unlikely, and I don’t think I’d like it if they did it this way. I’d much rather have him in the background, and I think that’s more likely.

I think the scarab may have come from the castle since he “woke up” bloody outside the castle and soon afterward had the scarab. So the scarab may have been in the castle.

Personally, I’d love it if the scarab was held by a current Latverian monarch other than Doom, but Doom is trying to get it and part of all this in some form - without wearing an Ethan Hawke suit.

https://www.cbr.com/moon-knight-mcu-arthur-harrow-doctor-doom/amp/

I think this is very unlikely, and I don’t think I’d like it if they did it this way. I’d much rather have him in the background, and I think that’s more likely.

I think the scarab may have come from the castle since he “woke up” bloody outside the castle and soon afterward had the scarab. So the scarab may have been in the castle.

Personally, I’d love it if the scarab was held by a current Latverian monarch other than Doom, but Doom is trying to get it and part of all this in some form - without wearing an Ethan Hawke suit.

i really hope not. as much as i like the actor i thnk he does not resonate Doom. I would much rather we get a reveal or hint or name drop of Doom/Latveria in either Doctor Strange 2 or Black Panther 2. Ant-Man 3 can name drop/hint at/reveal some or all of the Fantastic Four.

Mads Mikkelsen in Doctor Strange 1 was wasted and was a dead ringer for Doom. I guess I can settle for Fassbender or Christoph Waltz as Doom.

Better yet, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is perfect for the role.

1000full-nikolaj-coster--waldau.jpg

Last edited:
images

OR...

1200px-Premios_Goya_2018_-_Javier_Bardem_%28cropped%29.jpg

OR...

MV5BNzQ4Njc3MTQ0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg4NzY5Mg@@._V1_UY1200_CR106,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

OR...

3005.jpg

I'd be cool with just about any of these choices :yay:

Not that Ethan Hawke couldn't do it, but Arthur doesn't come off like Doom to me

But having Doom not even appear other than for a moment at the end when the scarab is dropped in his hand could be a great moment for Marvel and Doom.

But having Doom not even appear other than for a moment at the end when the scarab is dropped in his hand could be a great moment for Marvel and Doom.

revealing one of the MCU's biggest characters in a Disney + series is in bad taste. It is not befitting with someone with the grandeur as Doom. It is Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, or another MCU movie.

revealing one of the MCU's biggest characters in a Disney + series is in bad taste. It is not befitting with someone with the grandeur as Doom. It is Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, or another MCU movie.

The films may be “bigger”, but bigger isn’t always better (as we’ve seen with recent Marvel films).

They should strive to have a high level of quality on both, with the primary differences and determining factors being the length of story and amount of visual effects required.

Frankly, Marvel has dropped the ball on the Films and Disney+ series recently, but hopefully they’ll get back on track.

And if they do, I don’t think they should have arbitrary rules of some things only being in films. It should be an expansive Universe that seamlessly bridges both distribution outlets.

The films may be “bigger”, but bigger isn’t always better (as we’ve seen with recent Marvel films).

They should strive to have a high level of quality on both, with the primary differences and determining factors being the length of story and amount of visual effects required.

Frankly, Marvel has dropped the ball on the Films and Disney+ series recently, but hopefully they’ll get back on track.

And if they do, I don’t think they should have arbitrary rules of some things only being in films. It should be an expansive Universe that seamlessly bridges both distribution outlets.

i agree with your sentiment, but i still think relegating Doom to their TV series is doing him dirty

i agree with your sentiment, but i still think relegating Doom to their TV series is doing him dirty

In theory you are right...however, all they need to do is FINALLY namedrop Latveria...that would be enough to whet our appetite. The other idea is eventually a Disney + series devoted to his time growing up and such in Latveria...

Well, they have to give you some reason to watch the TV shows. If nothing important ever happens, what's the point of watching?

They gave them Kang lol. I don't think every new major threat needs to be in a show

I’m concerned with over-using Doom, but a glimpse here and a glimpse there just to indicate how he is everywhere with a hand in everything (but subtly, behind the scenes), could work well if done right.

They gave them Kang lol. I don't think every new major threat needs to be in a show
Was that Kang or was it a Kang?
I just don't think a brief glimpse is going to harm a villain of the quality of Doom. As long as they don't mess him up like Fox did.

Was that Kang or was it a Kang?
I just don't think a brief glimpse is going to harm a villain of the quality of Doom. As long as they don't mess him up like Fox did.

Regardless if its the Kang or a Kang, the concept of Kang was introduced on D+. It counts

I’m concerned with over-using Doom, but a glimpse here and a glimpse there just to indicate how he is everywhere with a hand in everything (but subtly, behind the scenes), could work well if done right.

allow me to clarify. Doom should be introduced in an MCU theatrical release. Following that, and most likely after his F4 appearance perhaps, a Disney+ show on the origins of DOOM would be welcome. It is true that shows like Daredevil and the Disney+ MCU shows have allowed more character growth, allowed the actors to really display their craft, and the viewers to become more attached to these characters. I have a greater appreciation for characters like Loki and especially Matt Murdock due to the TV series that I did not get from the feature films. You can tell a richer story over 6+ hours than a 2 hour movie. Doom done with an indie film approach like they did with the first Iron Man would be ideal.

Matthias Schoenaerts is a wonderful choice.

I also really like Claes Bang but he might be a bit too old now.

Who ever plays Victor, now picture that person next to
john krasinskis Reed
...going to be pure magic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"