The Doctor Doom Thread

I think it is Doom. Von Dommerman will be his formal name but the media will coin the phrase Doctor of Doom or another variant no pun intended

I don’t think it’s a simple coincidence.

I think it’s either an intentional tongue in cheek wink and nod to the fans, or it’s story related.

But I don't think they just accidentally included a name with Von D that accidentally ended up in the trailer.

We should know more in a couple months.

Last edited:
… I mean, are we going to assume he took the truck because he had a craving for donuts…

… and the people chasing him are chasing him because they want their donuts back?

Or is there something more sinister going on?

why do i have a sneaking suspicion that moon knight might introduce Doom

why do i have a sneaking suspicion that moon knight might introduce Doom

It appears to be set in Europe. It has elements of occult. From what I read, Ethan Hawke’s character is a minor villain who could be working for someone, they seem to be hinting at something with the Von D…

But this is the game Disney + plays. They tease us with intriguing possibilities and then give us something that pales in comparison to the things we had hoped for.

Would it kill them to say “My friend Reed Richards invented this.” Or “I was reading a book by a guy named Charles Xavier that mentioned things like this” or “he’s from some tiny country called Levteria or something”

Disney + has left me with blue balls too often for me to hope they’ll do something cool when they seem determined not to give us what we want.

It appears to be set in Europe. It has elements of occult. From what I read, Ethan Hawke’s character is a minor villain who could be working for someone, they seem to be hinting at something with the Von D…

But this is the game Disney + plays. They tease us with intriguing possibilities and then give us something that pales in comparison to the things we had hoped for.

Would it kill them to say “My friend Reed Richards invented this.” Or “I was reading a book by a guy named Charles Xavier that mentioned things like this” or “he’s from some tiny country called Levteria or something”

Disney + has left me with blue balls too often for me to hope they’ll do something cool when they seem determined not to give us what we want.

i understand. but once it comes it is going to be a deluge. remember they name dropped Wakanda, Stephen Strange etc way before those respective characters made their debut.

I just saw that story, and thought of you.:D

I haven’t seen the episode yet, but it sounds like some of the details are intentional.

And back when we were talking about the “Von D”, I thought that detail, along with the European setting seemed a little to coincidental.

And Moon Knight has some elements that would fit well. Could it be?

Ah Willie...thank you for that LOL...I know that once again we are probably set to be disappointed but just how many times can certain things be put in these shows or movies before they finally say "Hey this is Latveria or hey this is Doom this or that"...I get that Feige has a long range plan with all of this but it still blows my mind how Doom wasn't used in any capacity or at the very least, have Latveria be mentioned the minute the rights reverted back. Guess it bothers me how i have never heard Feige in any official interview talk about the character at all. The only reference is when Noah Hawley said that Feige said what are you doing about the Doom solo movie...Not to mention his rumored appearance in this years Black Panther sequel, which i am sure we will be disappointed he won't be there either....are we really going to have to wait until the end of Phase 4 with the F4 movie?????

I’d like to think Marvel has learned something from WandaVision to Hawkeye, and I’d also like to think they’re paying attention to their sibling over in the Star Wars camp.

WandaVision over-promised and under-delivered. Part of that was our fault in thinking they were hinting at Reed Richards when the writers probably hadn’t even thought the throw-away line would be interpreted that way. But Paul Bettany also did them a huge disservice by promising a ‘Luke Skywalker’ like moment that never came.

Hawkeye on the other hand probably had one of the greatest moments of Marvel Disney+ when Kingpin showed up.

In films Marvel has done it right while Star Wars floundered. Marvel gave us the characters we wanted and used those characters well across films while Star Wars stubbornly teased fans with the characters they wanted to see without doing them justice.

But things flipped when it came to Disney+ and now Marvel is struggling while Star Wars is knocking it out of the park.

I don’t think it’s even debatable that Luke Skywalker in Mandalorian 2 was the single greatest moment in Disney+ history. But while that was the highlight, they also gave us Boba Fett in Mandalorian and then Mandalorian returned the favor in Boba Fett’s show. And now we’re getting Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader.

And that brings us to Moon Knight - which already looks like it could be a game changer for Marvel - and this tease.

If this is the end of it. If they tease us with this unambiguous reference in episode 1 and then don’t do anything more, I think it will be a mistake that will again, over-promise and under-deliver.

… and that could very well be what happens.

But if they’re smart, this is just the beginning, and we’ll see more - not 3 years from now, but in the coming weeks.

If they just wanted to suggest Doom and Latveria, a quick glimpse in the final episode would have been really cool.

… but by including this in the very first episode, I think they’re writing us a million dollar check… so let’s hope they have the funds in the bank to back that up.:D

Since I have nothing but time on my hands, I’m looking at this under a microscope.

The opening Bob Dylan song has the following lyrics:

In the time of my confessiont, in the hour of my need

When the pool of tears beneath my feet flood every newborn seed
There's a dying voice within me reaching out somewhere
Toiling in the danger and in the morals of despair
Don't have the inclination to look back on any mistake
Like Cain, I behold this chain of events that I must break
In the fury of the moment, I can see the master's hand

In every leaf that trembles, in every grain of sand.

Now obviously Dylan’s intent and the overt meaning in the show would be a reference to God, but considering what we’re hoping for, and keeping in mind the filmmakers probably put a lot of thought into how they would open their story…

And also consider, that song is much longer than that and they selected that segment and what line it would end on.

I just find it interesting…

Last edited:
Wow Willie...you are someone I have thoroughly enjoyed talking to and one of the only ones I feel a kinship on here with. We both share obsessive needs to have the characters we love (particularly Doom and the F4) show up in places we aren't sure if they make the most sense of or not. Between your very well thought analytical piece and the Dylan lyrics, its clear that you feel this could be the first real hint of Latveria in MK. However, someone pointed out to me that they said "Germany" already (guess i need to rewatch it and see if they did) so that may already have killed th is idea anyway. Guess it bothers me that they have a place that looks almost identical to comic book Latveria and to have it teased only to pull away. Maybe Marvel really doesn't realize that we fans are jumping at any possible reference to see these iconic characters at last.

As I said in my earlier post, I know there is a long range plan with the F4...Doom on the other hand truly worries me cause I feel like he may not become the Thanos of the future. If Secret Wars does happen and they swap him out for someone else like Kang (a great villain but not Doom lol), then maybe he is going to be relegated to not someone who is going to be the ultimate game changer! I want him to be THE villain.

*sigh* Will you all at least promise not to get angry when your crazy theories prove incorrect?

*sigh* Will you all at least promise not to get angry when your crazy theories prove incorrect?

I have never gotten angry over this...maybe frustrated...and crazy theories? where is the harm in speculating and wanting to see characters and places we fans love?

Wow Willie...you are someone I have thoroughly enjoyed talking to and one of the only ones I feel a kinship on here with. We both share obsessive needs to have the characters we love (particularly Doom and the F4) show up in places we aren't sure if they make the most sense of or not. Between your very well thought analytical piece and the Dylan lyrics, its clear that you feel this could be the first real hint of Latveria in MK. However, someone pointed out to me that they said "Germany" already (guess i need to rewatch it and see if they did) so that may already have killed th is idea anyway. Guess it bothers me that they have a place that looks almost identical to comic book Latveria and to have it teased only to pull away. Maybe Marvel really doesn't realize that we fans are jumping at any possible reference to see these iconic characters at last.

As I said in my earlier post, I know there is a long range plan with the F4...Doom on the other hand truly worries me cause I feel like he may not become the Thanos of the future. If Secret Wars does happen and they swap him out for someone else like Kang (a great villain but not Doom lol), then maybe he is going to be relegated to not someone who is going to be the ultimate game changer! I want him to be THE villain.

as long as Feige is at the helm, Doom will be done with the grandeur that he deserves. Magneto as well. I dont think we will see a geriatric Doom or Magneto. Probably closer to the age of Fassbender 30s/40s.

I have never gotten angry over this...maybe frustrated...and crazy theories? where is the harm in speculating and wanting to see characters and places we fans love?

this is speculation central. Whats the point of this forum if not for speculating on all things MCU FF

Wow Willie...you are someone I have thoroughly enjoyed talking to and one of the only ones I feel a kinship o However, someone pointed out to me that they said "Germany" already (guess i need to rewatch it and see if they did) so that may already have killed th is idea anyway. Guess it bothers me that they have a place that looks almost identical to comic book Latveria and to have it teased only to pull away. Maybe Marvel really doesn't realize that we fans are jumping at any possible reference to see these iconic characters at last.

I certainly didn’t notice anybody in the show indicate the village was in Germany. The real castle may very well be in Germany, and since Latveria is small, he could have started in Latveria and ended up in Germany.

I think there’s a very reasonable chance the castle and village are in Latveria, but the odds of Doom showing up as anything other than someone behind the scenes drops off.

Last edited:
this is speculation central. Whats the point of this forum if not for speculating on all things MCU FF

Exactly.

i also think it’s worth saying “This is what we want.”

Star Wars is giving fans what they want. Why is it crazy to think Marvel might follow that lead?

so it turns out that was Latveria. According to Marvel scooper John Campea's Twitter.

April Fools

I just saw Sonic 2 and I really hope Doom has the same theatrical extravagance as they did with Robotnik. Like someone who loves being a villain so much they have so much fun with it

51863.jpg

When we do get Doctor Doom, I hope we don't see his face much, aside from flashbacks. But they'll probably alter his scarring story, so he can run around without his mask all the time, like Julian McMahon did.

I really hope not, but I'm not sure I have much faith in Feige anymore to be true to the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"