The Winter Soldier The Easter Egg Thread (Winter Soldier edition)

what was the exact line when sitwell mentioned dr. strange? hope you could help me with this guys.

It was when he was ambushed my Cap, Widow and Falcon on the roof and he mentioned all the potential targets HYDRA had on their list.

Sitwell: :blah blah dialogue: "Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange," :blah: :blah:

I said "I know the squealers when I see them" pretty loud when I saw him. Got a couple laughs.

I want to say Batroc's fighting style was something of an easter egg. Very... "leapy."

And dont for get ABED! :p Community fans anyone?

Someone in my theatre said "he's good with calculations." That got a few laughs. That guy was also in Arrow season 1 btw.

what was the exact line when sitwell mentioned dr. strange? hope you could help me with this guys.

He was just rambling on about HYDRA's plan and mentioned Bruce Banner and Stephen Strange by name.

Last edited:
Someone in my theatre said "he's good with calculations." That got a few laughs. That guy was also in Arrow season 1 btw.

I wish there were separate theaters for people who like to give their own little one liners, quotes, "jokes", etc during movies, so they could all just bother each other instead of annoying people who paid to watch/hear the actors onscreen.

With the revelation of HYDRA infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D., the events of this film became oddly personal to Stark despite him not being in it. Zola confirms that HYDRA killed Howard Stark. We find out that Sterns wasn't just an uptight Senator but that he actually had an agenda.

:hehe: :up:

I wanted to say this so bad.

Does anyone have a full list of everyone Sitwell said?

The 1.5 billion ransom Batroc's pirates wanted for the "Lumerian Star" could that have been a reference to the 1.5 billion that Avengers made worldwide?

Don't know if these counts as easter eggs and I haven't checked the thread, so sorry if these are repeats. But these are callbacks to TFA.

- Cap uses a car door to save his life again.

- When Cap starts thinking about Bucky's accident, Widow says the same line as Peggy did to Steve when he was thinking about it in the bar in TFA. "It's not your fault Steve".

Banner's name was also mentioned when
they found out Fury has faked his own death. Fury mentioned something about a stress pill Banner developed that slows heart rate.

One I noted that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet on the web, is that the shield bunker that Cap and Widow go to is in WHEATON, NJ as in joss WHEADON

One I noted that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet on the web, is that the shield bunker that Cap and Widow go to is in WHEATON, NJ as in joss WHEADON

Probably a reference to Will Wheaton.

maybe it might be before some people time(not mine )but the chick who was on the security council and who the black widow impersonates was Jenny Agutter! she was in the 70's flick "Logan Run" and also was the nurse who dude fell in love with in another of my Favorite Movies " An American WereWolf in London!"

logans-run1.png

i knew who she was from the legs! she got some nice ones! that was COOL somebody making that flick must have been a Fan!

She was actually in Avengers as well as the same character. It was fun watching her kick ass.

I have a couple of super obscurer ones. Maybe with a few I'm reaching a little but I'll share my perspectives and a little of what makes TWS all the more special for me.

1. Sitwell, mainly his demise. It was two fold reference for me. First it made me think a little bit of the Tough Sargent from Raiders of the Lost Ark, who was the mook in the truck chase that Indy tosses through the windscreen and then is run over by the truck in a side shot with his legs flailing. It was kinda along the lines of the propeller kill in TFA being a throwback to Raiders, actually I got some more to say about "turbine blending" but that's a separate Easter egg I'll have more on in the next point. Back to Sitwell's end, I said it was two fold, the other one is very obscurer. It's from an anime movie named Spriggan that's one of my favorite movies. Basically Spriggan is kinda a Indiana Jones/James Bond/Metal Gear/Akira type film. Here's the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPPXF4dKyow

and at 0:55 in you can see exactly what a mean by it making me think of that .

2. The propeller kill. Again a two fold Easter egg for me. First now you could say it's a callback to the similar incident in TFA. Second it made me think of The Incredibles. Basically it was an inversion of what happens to the villain in that movie. You know, one could argue that the whole idea of bringing Bucky back as a villain originates from the Bucky turned villain reference in that film. The villain Syndrome is named Buddy Pine who Mr. Incredible actually mistakenly calls BUCKY earlier on in the movie. The nod to Buddy being a Bucky/Robin type sidekick was there and it was post Incredibles that we got stuff like Winter Soldier and Under The Hood. Now for the inversion. In TI, Syndrome is killed when he is sucked into an aircraft engine getting ground up and fodding out the engine causing it to explode. In TWS Winter Soldier, the villain, this time is the one who kicks a hapless SHIELD agent into a running Quinjet engine, shredding him and causing it to fod out and explode. Basically a role reversal. I thought it was interesting. Hopefully they continue the trend of having a "propeller kill" in all three Cap films kinda like how the Indy Films kinda had the same thing going with the Flying wing and truck chase in Raiders, Rock Crusher and Mine cars in TOD, and then the Tank and boat scenes in TLC. KOTCS almost doesn't count but it had the ants, rocket sled but they wasted the Jungle Cutter. Perhaps maybe a kill involving a turbine/propeller/fan that's not part of an aircraft? Or why not a nod to stuff like the Rock Crusher or Tank? They could have a sequence involving the moving Omega Base. A possible interesting change of scenery after two, arguably three films(TFA, TA, TWS) with a heavily aerial based climactic action sequence.

2 people that were targeted are Lt. Marcus Bledsoe and Michael Lindon. Saw them on a screen grab from imgur. Any idea who these guys are? Why would they be targets? I can't find anything on them with google or wikis

I wonder why the Russos/Marvel/Disney chose to show the Baxter building when Fox has the live action rights?

Also the Hydra guys who have the Sceptor are they part of Shield or Sword?

With the revelation of HYDRA infiltrating S.H.I.E.L.D., the events of this film became oddly personal to Stark despite him not being in it. Zola confirms that HYDRA killed Howard Stark. We find out that Sterns wasn't just an uptight Senator but that he actually had an agenda.

Funny how annoying a little prick can be. :)

I wonder why the Russos/Marvel/Disney chose to show the Baxter building when Fox has the live action rights?

Also the Hydra guys who have the Sceptor are they part of Shield or Sword?
They didnt

I distinctly saw the Baxter building or some other building with the fantastic 4 logo on it unless I imagined it...

That's a real building in New York. People were also confused when it showed up in the AoS pilot episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"