Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

I'll bet the movie will jump around in time a bit.

Assuming the Damien's appear, a large scale archeological expedition as opposed to 3 individuals checking out Incan ruins will feature at some point I'd wager a guess. Marvel Studio's lately transposing traditional male roles with that of a female make me think Karen and team will make a discovery that kicks things off.

Last edited:
Someone on Twitter suggested that "Karen" could be Zarda/Power Princess. That's the Wonder Woman rip-off, right? Honestly I'm kind of hoping that dude is right because it would be hilarious.

My cast for Eternals

Ikaris- Sam Claflin
Starfox- Patrick Wilson
Sersi- Sofia Boutella
Thena- Natalie Dormer
Zuras- Viggo Mortensen
The Forgotten One- Alex Skarsgard
Kro- Jeffrey Wright
Makkari- Rupert Grint
Ultimus- John Cena
Ajak- Riz Ahmed

Nice. I can’t wait to see what visuals they come up with

Yep. That basically confirms it for November of 2020.

Can't wait for the casting announcements for the next several months!

Same! There’s always a special feeling in the air when a major casting announcement is made. This place just about blew up when captain America was cast

The article compares her to Jane Foster and I can't help but wonder, do we really want another Jane Foster?

The article compares her to Jane Foster and I can't help but wonder, do we really want another Jane Foster?

As far as her being the audience's eyes - I would imagine. Marvel obviously knows they messed up with Jane Foster so I would bet she'll be a better character. The biggest problems with Jane was her and Hemsworth didn't have a ton of chemistry and she clearly didn't really wanna do the sequel after it didn't work out with Patty Jenkins.

As far as her being the audience's eyes - I would imagine.
That's such an outdated trope, though. Nakia was a good character... I still wouldn't watch a Black Panther movie focused on her.

I really don't see what future an "archaeologist" could possibly have in the MCU. Like, what role will she play in Avengers 5? Why can't they just make a movie about the characters that matter.

That's such an outdated trope, though. Nakia was a good character... I still wouldn't watch a Black Panther movie focused on her.

I really don't see what future an "archaeologist" could possibly have in the MCU. Like, what role will she play in Avengers 5? Why can't they just make a movie about the characters that matter.

Her father (initial appearance before Eternals) turned villain in the comics after she was killed in volume 2 was an odd little reference. I think my posts on pg. 5 and 6 about sum it up if they echo off of the comics to a degree.

I really hope the rumors are true and that Sersi is the lead for the Eternals film. It’d be a refreshing change.

It is, but it sounds like Margo will be the "love interest" of sorts. I'll admit I knew nothing about the Eternals prior to reports saying this is in development. I still don't know much. I doubt the movie will be focused on Margo at all. She'll just be a supporting character that helps set up the Eternals.

It is, but it sounds like Margo will be the "love interest" of sorts. I'll admit I knew nothing about the Eternals prior to reports saying this is in development. I still don't know much. I doubt the movie will be focused on Margo at all. She'll just be a supporting character that helps set up the Eternals.
The thing is, unless the early rumors about the movie are wrong (which is not exactly unlikely :hehe:), she's indeed the lead character.

I’ve got no problem, I think, with Margo being the lead character: about time a non superpowered character was a lead in a Marvel movie. But I will probably end up being more interested in the Eternals themselves.

The thing is, unless the early rumors about the movie are wrong (which is not exactly unlikely :hehe:), she's indeed the lead character.

I think that could be interesting. Archaeology is something that hasn't been touched upon in the MCU and a non-powered or superhero lead could be something unique. Whatever ends up happening, I trust Marvel at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"