The Expendables 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the camera work for Li vs Lundgren was really poor, stupid fast cuts and too shaky.

They really need to have a proper JCVD vs Li fight, proper choreography, and nice, slow full shots so we can see the action. I want to see a fight like Jackie Chan vs Bennie The Jet in Meals on Wheels.

Something where we can see what the hell is going on.

I don't know why they think a fast frenetic fight cannot be shown with proper cinematography.

they should get the rock and hulk hogan in it. i hadn't seen hulk hogan inanything for a while.last moive ihave is mummets from space adn surbibian commodo

They should get Hulk Hogan because I haven't seen him in anything since Muppets from space and Suburban Commando

Stallone inducted Hogan into the WWE Hall of Fame so the idea of them working together doesn't seem unlikely. Hogan doesn't really do these types of films though and I think he would seem out of place.

Hogan would be pretty cool even though this probably isn't his thing. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jesse Ventura make a return to an action movie.

Can't wait for this, loved the original. Bring on the sequel so long as it's a good effort.

I was watching Showbiz Tonight and they asked Stallone about Expendables 2 and he said it could start production this summer.

Awesome news - looking forward to this getting started.

Whatever Sly does I'm in. LOVED the first one. I wouldn't mind seeing Danny Trejo in it. Anyway, like I said, whatever he pulls together I'm in!

He's Back: Arnold Schwarzenegger 'Seriously' Fielding Movie Offers
Josh Wigler said:
Don't say he didn't warn you: after all, he told you he'd be back!

Since leaving his office as the Governor of California mere weeks ago, Arnold Schwarzenegger's possible return to the hills of Hollywood has been on every action junkie's mind, yours truly included. And now, what we were all hoping for is officially official: Arnie is ready for his big screen comeback.

"Exciting news. My friends at CAA have been asking me for 7 years when they can take offers seriously. Gave them the green light today," the actor-turned-politician-turned-actor-again wrote on Twitter yesterday evening. As a lifelong Schwarzenegger fan, I couldn't be more excited about the news. The only question is, which project should he pursue first? After the jump, we have some suggestions!

"The Expendables 2"
It goes without saying that the world needs more Trent Mauser. Schwarzy's brief but brilliant cameo in "The Expendables" deserves a serious amount of elaboration in the sequel. A three-way showdown between Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Willis is an action nerd's absolute dream come true, and with Arnold fielding offers again, it's a dream that suddenly isn't too far off.

"Predator 4"
Digging back a bit deeper, how about reprising one of his most classic roles as Major Dutch Schaefer? The "Predator" hero was originally set for a cameo in Robert Rodriguez and Nimrod Antal's "Predators," but his political obligations kept that from happening. Now, the timing works. With those parachutes dropping from the sky at the end of "Predators," I think we all know who should touch down to reclaim his status as the Predators' deadliest foe.

The Director's Chair
Schwarzenegger has expressed interest in returning to Hollywood not just as an actor, but also as a director. There's no arguing that the man has plenty of experience in front of the camera; who wouldn't be interested in seeing how that information translates to a behind-the-lens experience? If nothing else, it's an experiment that all of Schwarzenegger's fans can get behind.

Anything But "Terminator 5"
Unpopular opinion alert: Schwarzenegger shouldn't return to the "Terminator" franchise, at least not yet. The series needs some room to breathe after the back-to-back critical drubbings that "Rise of the Machines" and "Salvation" suffered through. Yes, the clock is ticking on Arnie's ability to flex those cybernetic muscles in front of the camera, but would you really prefer a rushed and poorly-conceived Schwarzenegger-led "Terminator" sequel to a far-off but thoughtfully considered one? I certainly wouldn't – and it's not as if the man is without his options. We want you back, big guy, but only if you're pumping out the high quality iron we remember you best for.

Arnold in Expendables 2 would be crazy badass!!!!

michael biehn for expendables 2 :awesome:

Michael Biehn all the way :awesome:

I'll 2nd that one! Biehn is a legend!

THIRD!!!!!!!!! gotta have Biehn, the ORIGINAL SNAKE

500x353_metal_gear_vs_terminator_4c80ed786ae8a.png

Anyone else not happy with Stallone doing an acting gig. I wanted him to get into this right away.

I didn't like The Expendables because it was such a dissapointment. The dialogue and the editing and the script too really did suck. So I'm not going get excited about the possibility of a sequel. Jean-Claude Van Damme should be in. And Sly should have reserved the drug addict part to Van Damme, that way he could have bring some of his own baggage to the role. The way I see it, The Expendables should have been more like The Wrestler for old action movie stars. But then again Sly did all that in Rocky Balboa already. But then he should have given more space to the other characters.

If he gets Arnold to come back, I too want to see them fight. It should be realistic. They should be out of breath and there should be shots of they're old and not anymore so firm muscles straining. Hahhaha yeah.

Last edited:
I'd love to see more Arnold in the sequel. You just know that will be something Stalone will be shooting for as he puts the sequel together.

Arnold is looking to direct? That could get ugly :csad:

He should make a sequel to his perennial holiday classic, Jingle Allz tha Way 2!!!

Stallone Not Writing or Directing The Expendables 2

Source: 24 frames
March 9, 2011

24 Frames has learned that, while The Expendables 2 is moving forward, Stallone won't be writing or directing this time. Stallone co-wrote, directed and starred in the first film, which earned $274.5 million in theaters worldwide last year.

The site says that the sequel is a priority at producer Millennium Films and that Stallone is meeting with possible directors to take on the project. They also add that the script has been written by David Agosto and Ken Kaufman (Curious George, Space Cowboys).

Except for Stallone returning in the role of Barney Ross, there has been no confirmations on who else may be reprising their roles or who may be added.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a bad thing by any means. Watching the behind the scenes Stallone looked like he got kinda worn out by the time they were filming the third act, with having to worry about rewrites, and planning out the action set pieces, outside of being hurt a few times.

Stallone Not Writing or Directing The Expendables 2

Source: 24 frames
March 9, 2011

24 Frames has learned that, while The Expendables 2 is moving forward, Stallone won't be writing or directing this time. Stallone co-wrote, directed and starred in the first film, which earned $274.5 million in theaters worldwide last year.

The site says that the sequel is a priority at producer Millennium Films and that Stallone is meeting with possible directors to take on the project. They also add that the script has been written by David Agosto and Ken Kaufman (Curious George, Space Cowboys).

Except for Stallone returning in the role of Barney Ross, there has been no confirmations on who else may be reprising their roles or who may be added.
Thank god. The Expendables script was, really, trash. Fun movie, but poorly executed. Always wanted another pen and director for a sequel, because it's a great concept.

im so glad we arent going to see the sequel. i hated the first film, and i went into it with really high hopes. growing up on the 80s action films and being a fan of jason statham i expected it to be half-way decent. it wasnt even that. the direction sucked, the acting was atrocious, the storyline failed bigtime, and the pacing was crap. all it was was an excuse for big action stars from the 80s and a few random ones from the last few years to be thrown into a film together. too bad it didnt work at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"