The Flash The Flash Costume Thread - Part 1

I agree, really liked season4 suit. Don't forget about the Flash ring now too :cwink:

Can’t wait! How many times have they teased that ring?! Maybe three times the entirety of this show. Supposedly this one is “the most comic book-influenced”. S4 suit was bright red, but can they go brighter? Can they really pull of the “wing ears”?

I agree, really liked season4 suit. Don't forget about the Flash ring now too :cwink:

Yea the rings games are on! When in trailer Barry wore the ring and did that specific action. I felt that something will come out of that ring like iron man suits but the trailer ended there :D

Grain of salt but the word on ig is that the new suit isn’t made up of the leather jacket/pants anymore but is of a fabric. Curious to see how it looks! You guys think it’ll debut in 501?

One thing I'm hoping they don't ditch in the new suit is the chin strap area. Makes the suit/cowl look more complete. I'm actually hoping they add a chin strap to the DCEU Flash suit. Looks more complete and adds solid definition to the jawline.

Grain of salt but the word on ig is that the new suit isn’t made up of the leather jacket/pants anymore but is of a fabric. Curious to see how it looks! You guys think it’ll debut in 501?

Im not sure about 501 but from what I think I read what you said was right it will all be spandex no more leather.

One thing I'm hoping they don't ditch in the new suit is the chin strap area. Makes the suit/cowl look more complete. I'm actually hoping they add a chin strap to the DCEU Flash suit. Looks more complete and adds solid definition to the jawline.

Then I think you will be slightly disappointed if this leaked image is anything to go by.

I should stress that this was apparently early stages of the new suit concept. Grant Gustin is not happy that it was leaked so I think they will have made more changes.

Also fans are trolling him because they are saying he looks fat! (swear we have one of the most toxic fanbases going lol.)

Im not sure about 501 but from what I think I read what you said was right it will all be spandex no more leather.

Then I think you will be slightly disappointed if this leaked image is anything to go by.

I should stress that this was apparently early stages of the new suit concept. Grant Gustin is not happy that it was leaked so I think they will have made more changes.

Also fans are trolling him because they are saying he looks fat! (swear we have one of the most toxic fanbases going lol.)

They're saying he looks fat?! I thought it would be his build of being thin they were making fun of him for.

I am a pretty thin person, but I wish I was as "fat" as Grant in this pic.:o:whatever:

He got body shamed for looking too thin, not fat

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmOqZNL...mbed&utm_campaign=embed_loading_state_control

They're saying he looks fat?! I thought it would be his build of being thin they were making fun of him for.

I am a pretty thin person, but I wish I was as "fat" as Grant in this pic.:o:whatever:

No, they arent

Man, I ABSOLUTELY miss the chin strap. Not quite sure what it is. Sure, he's a skinny guy, but he's always been skinny. It's not like that's anything new, but if they go spandex, it's gonna accentuate that fact. But the chin strap to me looks SUBSTANTIALLY better. It's so slight, but I'm not crazy about being able to see that little bit of his neck. And people are saying that it resembles the 2024 costume in the newspaper. Um...I guess we're looking at two different things because other than the brighter color, they look nothing alike to me. Plus, there's CLEARLY a chin strap in the 2024 shot. :confused: The good news is that this is OBVIOUSLY some test shot that was never meant for public consumption, so I have faith that the finished product will be far superior.

Last edited:

I agree 100%. I like the chin strap look for the Flash in general. I even prefer it in the books, but I think it would absolutely improve Ezra's suit. I have alot of problems with that suit, but that could go a long way in me overlooking the others.

The other thing I'm wondering is...how does this thing look from the side?! It seems to me like it's almost gonna appear like a helmet almost how DD's cowl is where there is a fabric portion that covers the head before the cowl portion goes on.

Wow, this is not a good look! I'm kind of shocked at how backward a step it is. I am NOT judging it AS the final suit, we don't know how similar that will be, but I am judging it as its own thing.

If you're having a cloth suit you HAVE to have some kind of structural shape enhancement like a muscle suit or built-in padding. This may just be before they added it. I won't judge the colour at all because it's a crappy washed out photo. And yes, the lack of chin strap really hurts it.

But aside from that the helmet sculpt is a huge step back from the last one. It's weird and skull-like, the shaping just doesn't work. I get that they're trying to slim everything down but it's just not working.

Every single alteration they've made from season 1, episode 1 has just been such a clear improvement, that the fact they came up with something like this even as a prototype is almost shocking. Looking forward to seeing what this evolved into, because I have faith they saw the problems with this and addressed them.

Wow, this is not a good look! I'm kind of shocked at how backward a step it is. I am NOT judging it AS the final suit, we don't know how similar that will be, but I am judging it as its own thing.

If you're having a cloth suit you HAVE to have some kind of structural shape enhancement like a muscle suit or built-in padding. This may just be before they added it. I won't judge the colour at all because it's a crappy washed out photo. And yes, the lack of chin strap really hurts it.

But aside from that the helmet sculpt is a huge step back from the last one. It's weird and skull-like, the shaping just doesn't work. I get that they're trying to slim everything down but it's just not working.

Every single alteration they've made from season 1, episode 1 has just been such a clear improvement, that the fact they came up with something like this even as a prototype is almost shocking. Looking forward to seeing what this evolved into, because I have faith they saw the problems with this and addressed them.

Well, as upset as Gustin was that that particular pic leaked hopefully indicates just how different it's actually going to look. He went as far as to say, "**** whoever leaked that pic" on his response video. That seems pretty harsh for him. And I agree. I'm not sure if it needs a full on muscle suit, but the muscles at least need to be airbrushed or silk screened on there. Something. I mean, even swolt ass people like Cavill have to have the suits embellished. There's simply no way for musculature to show through fabric in that way.

Well, as upset as Gustin was that that particular pic leaked hopefully indicates just how different it's actually going to look. He went as far as to say, "**** whoever leaked that pic" on his response video. That seems pretty harsh for him. And I agree. I'm not sure if it needs a full on muscle suit, but the muscles at least need to be airbrushed or silk screened on there. Something. I mean, even swolt ass people like Cavill have to have the suits embellished. There's simply no way for musculature to show through fabric in that way.

I think Gustin's slim build is a boon to superhero costume makers, because it means they can bulk up the suit a little without making him look ridiculous - like Affleck and John Wesley Shipp kind of did.

All they need is to round out the shoulders and biceps a bit, pad the chest a little, and maybe add some thigh and calf padding to give him runner's legs. Keep his slim waist and torso as it is to really make him look sleek. Doing that on such a tall slim guy would really give him superhero-like proportions.

And I do think the neck could be thickened a little, but it definitely needs to transition into the head in a better way.

I think Gustin's slim build is a boon to superhero costume makers, because it means they can bulk up the suit a little without making him look ridiculous - like Affleck and John Wesley Shipp kind of did.

All they need is to round out the shoulders and biceps a bit, pad the chest a little, and maybe add some thigh and calf padding to give him runner's legs. Keep his slim waist and torso as it is to really make him look sleek. Doing that on such a tall slim guy would really give him superhero-like proportions.

And I do think the neck could be thickened a little, but it definitely needs to transition into the head in a better way.

You're probably right. I imagine it's similar to how effects people say they like to start with as skinny an actor as possible because then they can simply build on a blank canvas. Have you ever seen how small Doug Jones is?! That man needs a sandwich.

You're probably right. I imagine it's similar to how effects people say they like to start with as skinny an actor as possible because then they can simply build on a blank canvas. Have you ever seen how small Doug Jones is?! That man needs a sandwich.

Exactly. And they way they bulk him up for Abe Sapien and the creature from Shape Of Water is exactly what they should be doing for Flash - still super sleek but with an enhanced "swimmer's" upper body.

Exactly. And they way they bulk him up for Abe Sapien and the creature from Shape Of Water is exactly what they should be doing for Flash - still super sleek but with an enhanced "swimmer's" upper body.

Yeah, I'm with you. Airbrushing can work miracles for that ****.

I’m glad that they’re moving away from leather with the new suit.

I’ll reserve judgement until we see the actual final costume, but I’m more than happy with Grant Gustin’s slim build. Which is the same as it’s been since he appeared on Arrow as far as I can tell. Hopefully the spandex suit hugs his derrière well!

Reminds me a lot of Captain America's suit in Avengers and that's not a good sign, early stage or not.

I actually am one person that likes that design. Much better than the leather and chin strap. I've wanted to see a more bodysuit style since first season like the comics. I hope that is the new suit and people should leave Gustin alone, he does his best and shaming him is very wrong, childish, insecure, and mean and anyone should be ashamed of themselves. Who gives anyone the damn right to judge someone? If you don't like it, don't watch it. I may think season 4 was the worse but I'm still a fan of this series and will still watch it. I'm glad Gustin said that and speak up about it. Too much judging in this world.

He just posted an official pic on his Insta.

cu8jeybqdcf11.jpg

Doesn't look any better. Looks cheap. Looks like the parody vers.

From that pic, I love it. I do miss the chin piece.

Season 4 had a good look but it was too much leather.

But let's be real, they will make more changes as the show goes on.

But from that pic, I love it. More than season 2/3? I don't know yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"