The Flash costume thread

I'd argue that it's not that much similar... it doesn't have the aerodynamic bicycle helmet shape and, as you already pointed out, ears are completely different. There's also a lack of yellow "bolt" in the midsection of the suit in that art. Anyway, where did you find it? What made you think it's official?

From an angle it looks like that shape.. I found it online and it said leaked.. The sides of ear wings/lines have that bent shape too…

Hope it doesn't look too bulky. I would be fine if they went something "spandexy" like Spiderman or the new Deadpool costume.

From the suit reveal it seems odd how a plain boring forensic scientist would make something that looks like Supermans kryptonian suit. It looks a lot better than the concept art pictures though which is nice.

I am guessing we will get a different suit in the solo movie anyways. I mean this movie will probably have Flash with a different suit than JL.. Which I am assuming is his first time fighting a villain or a bigger threat.

img

Did some sketches.
The helmet is indeed aerodynamic, cyclist shaped, it kinda reminds me of the Kryptonian helmets idk why.
The suit seems to be made of a resistent yet malleable material, it looks very sleek and glossy.
The placing of the lightning bolt details reminds me of the Young Justice version of Flash:
latest

images

latest

Flash_in_the_Speed_Force_(1815423.png

f1cc3f7da5a8198f0c38b02d822a2963.jpg

I wonder why they didn't go with the white oval or circle behind the bolt. It is an iconic logo.. Also do you think we will see a the Flash suit ring in the movies before the TV series does it?

Honestly if there is the white oval. The suit is 100% perfect.
Does anyone want to also see the white eyes as well? With Spiderman and Deadpool both having them do moving white eyes, they could do it for Flash too..

latest

From an angle it looks like that shape.. I found it online and it said leaked.. The sides of ear wings/lines have that bent shape too…

Hope it doesn't look too bulky. I would be fine if they went something "spandexy" like Spiderman or the new Deadpool costume.

From the suit reveal it seems odd how a plain boring forensic scientist would make something that looks like Supermans kryptonian suit. It looks a lot better than the concept art pictures though which is nice.

I am guessing we will get a different suit in the solo movie anyways. I mean this movie will probably have Flash with a different suit than JL.. Which I am assuming is his first time fighting a villain or a bigger threat.

Hmm... I don't quite see it, but alright. Ear pieces certainly look more like traditional wings than those angular, boomerang-shaped ones from the cowl on the Snyder/Momoa photo to me. Anyway, it looks good to me there, so here's hoping that's what the suit actually looks like. Or at least very similar to that.

And I don't think it will look too bulky, there seem to be outer layers a la Injustice Flash, but it appears pretty streamlined in all the concept arts so far... besides Wilkinson himself mentioned that they were going for a long distance runner's physique with Flash, so it wouldn't make much sense to get a slender guy like Miller with that in mind and put him in a bulky suit.

I am curious as well to know how Barry obtained such advanced armor. I don't see it as similar to Superman's Kryptonian "chain mail" though, but more like Batman's armor, only with actual armor plates being over the fabric instead underneath it, as is the case with the batsuit. But yeah, it's definitely way above Barry's paycheck.

As for the white oval, I guess they wanted to keep the three-color scheme - if you look closely fabric seems to be of darker red shade than the armor parts, and white would basically be a fourth. And when you think about it, it doesn't usually fit with the rest of the suit color-wise, nothing else is white, except for the eyes in some drawings, which are not white here so it would probably stand out a bit. I wouldn't mind if they went for a mother of pearl oval though... similarly to inlays you can find on fretboard of guitars such are Les Pauls.

images

latest

Flash_in_the_Speed_Force_(1815423.png

f1cc3f7da5a8198f0c38b02d822a2963.jpg

I wonder why they didn't go with the white oval or circle behind the bolt. It is an iconic logo.. Also do you think we will see a the Flash suit ring in the movies before the TV series does it?

Honestly if there is the white oval. The suit is 100% perfect.
Does anyone want to also see the white eyes as well? With Spiderman and Deadpool both having them do moving white eyes, they could do it for Flash too..

latest
I do believe we will see the logo with the white background in the future.
Also it can go from 1 'slash' to 2 just like the classic logo.
The-Flash-Logo-Wallpaper.gif
The TV show already introduced the Flash ring (kinda) with Reverse Flash:
tumblr_nnxrriA0oV1sivdp9o1_500.gif
But if the movie suit is flexible enough it'll probably be used! :woot:

I just realized that Flash logo is the only one they didn't make unique for the films. They did opt for the more obscure one "slash", but that's still a pre-existent logo from comics and animated series. There's only so much you can do with a single lighting bolt, I suppose.

Last edited:
I do believe we will see the logo with the white background in the future.
Also it can go from 1 'slash' to 2 just like the classic logo.
The-Flash-Logo-Wallpaper.gif
The TV show already introduced the Flash ring (kinda) with Reverse Flash:
tumblr_nnxrriA0oV1sivdp9o1_500.gif
But if the movie suit is flexible enough it'll probably be used! :woot:

I am fine with the 1 slash. It is distinct and still iconic. As long as there is the white circle. I think since the Flash happens after JL he will get a sleeker costume. Same like Spiderman in CW, he gets a sleeker one gifted to him by IRON MAN

Nice job. :up:

By the way, this:

is closer to being a fattest man alive than a fastest one. Who the hell drew this...?

Mike Wieringo. He was, in my opinion, one of THE best comicbook artists around until his unfortunate death in 2007.

Some interesting details about Barry's prototype suit:
-It's made out of many materials like silicon fiber, quartz sand and a heat resistent material used in space suits.
-It has 148 pieces, but it can be dressed up in 5 minutes.
-The suit feels very aerodynamic, it apparently has some vents, the head part is reminiscent of cyclism helmets:
Team_GB_Helmets2.png
-The chest part has a more vibrant red when compared with the other parts that have a slightly darker red.
-It has the golden lightning bolt in the chest area, it's above a light gray disc, pretty much like this:
06c5d5ac52c4486aa8b760194c0cc138.png
-It also has golden details on the belt, elbows, shoes and gloves.
-The ear bolts have a boomerang shape.

Source: https://omelete.uol.com.br/filmes/noticia/liga-da-justica-flash-surgira-no-filme-com-uniforme-caseiro-e-tera-duas-roupas/

Some interesting details about Barry's prototype suit:
-It's made out of many materials like silicon fiber, quartz sand and a heat resistent material used in space suits.
-It has 148 pieces, but it can be dressed up in 5 minutes.
-The suit feels very aerodynamic, it apparently has some vents, the head part is reminiscent of cyclism helmets:
Team_GB_Helmets2.png
-The chest part has a more vibrant red when compared with the other parts that have a slightly darker red.
-It has the golden lightning bolt in the chest area, it's above a light gray disc, pretty much like this:
06c5d5ac52c4486aa8b760194c0cc138.png
-It also has golden details on the belt, elbows, shoes and gloves.
-The ear bolts have a boomerang shape.

Source: https://omelete.uol.com.br/filmes/noticia/liga-da-justica-flash-surgira-no-filme-com-uniforme-caseiro-e-tera-duas-roupas/

So it is pretty much really comic book accurate more than the CW show's unlike the concept arts?... Doesn't he also have two suits in JL as well?

Hrm, Is that the first that we've heard of a circle being under the chest bolt?
I don't remember seeing that anywhere else.

So it is pretty much really comic book accurate more than the CW show's unlike the concept arts?... Doesn't he also have two suits in JL as well?

Yes it seems to be pretty accurate(except for the yellow boots) and yes, he has two suits, the prototype one and the polished one from WayneTech.

Yes it seems to be pretty accurate(except for the yellow boots) and yes, he has two suits, the prototype one and the polished one from WayneTech.

I don't mind not having yellow boots. I often felt those boots were out of place.. Plus if designed like the new 52 Flash suit with more yellow, then the boots can work beautifully in the solo film.

Yeah, I never liked yellow boots, they always reminded me of rubber rain boots and they also don't seem very fitting for a runner. I expected them to give him some sort of sneakers instead in live action.

It always bothered me that he had yellow boots, but not yellow gloves.

It's like how Green Lantern has green boots but white gloves. It drives me crazy.

It always bothered me that he had yellow boots, but not yellow gloves.

It's like how Green Lantern has green boots but white gloves. It drives me crazy.

Lol That's why I liked the JL cartoons suit for GL, It didn't look like they were actual gloves. I mean if Flash as boots that combine red it's okay, but it is so odd like you said.

Glad they are not doing that.. I think I will like this suit more than shows version which is fantastic. At obviously expected..

I can't find my previous comment but how do they address the flash having his mouth exposed in the comics? It seems odd to go through all the effort to cover up the rest of the body but the mouth.

I updated the concept art to look more similar to the suit seen on the set of JL.
13510979_1068234136589715_702731677885319397_n.jpg

I can't find my previous comment but how do they address the flash having his mouth exposed in the comics? It seems odd to go through all the effort to cover up the rest of the body but the mouth.

Ask Captain America and Batman the same question. ;)

In the comics Flash wears the cowl to cover his identity. His body in general is adapted to the stresses of his power set, most notably an "electro-chemical aura" which protects him against heat and small particles when he reaches his incredibly high speeds. If I am remembering it correctly the aura actually absorbs heat and kinetic energy and feeds it back into Flash's system helping to power him up.

Ask Captain America and Batman the same question. ;)

In the comics Flash wears the cowl to cover his identity. His body in general is adapted to the stresses of his power set, most notably an "electro-chemical aura" which protects him against heat and small particles when he reaches his incredibly high speeds. If I am remembering it correctly the aura actually absorbs heat and kinetic energy and feeds it back into Flash's system helping to power him up.

Haha yeh but Caps and Bats arent traveling as fast as the speed of light.

I was more so talking about the use of his suit with his powers as in recent iterations of his suit seems to be quite techy as to say that it helps his body not tear apart when moving so fast. But yeh thanks, kinda answered it anyway with the aura thing which is similar to Superman. :)
Save</span>

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"