The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actor may be considered a bit too old to be "Kid Flash" but I guess he play a few years younger

Happens all the time in TV and movies, actors and actresses in their mid twenties playing teenagers.

Happens all the time in TV and movies, actors and actresses in their mid twenties playing teenagers.

This is not the case with this show though. Most of the cast looks young as opposed to how casting used to be in the 90s. Grant is at least playing his age, but he still looks like a teenager. Danielle and Carlos look like they're still in high school. The meta human females look young too. Iris is the only character who looks older than she's playing.

Thing is, is he playing "Wally West" or is he playing "Kid Flash"? So far, casting is only for the former. And with these adaptations, you never know what aspects are being adapted.

I think they're keeping that a secret until he's revealed.

Just as Barry Allen lead to Flash, im sure the same will be done for Wally.

This is not the case with this show though. Most of the cast looks young as opposed to how casting used to be in the 90s. Grant is at least playing his age, but he still looks like a teenager. Danielle and Carlos look like they're still in high school. The meta human females look young too. Iris is the only character who looks older than she's playing.
I don't think Danielle looks like she's in high school. But that might be because I've seen her on stuff since I was a kid. I don't know about Candice. I don't know if I get an older vibe from her or not. What makes you think it? Carlos, eh... I couldn't tell you. He looks adultish to me. But he dresses a little younger. But Carlos is 26, and Danielle and Candice are both 27. The youngest out of the group appears to be Grant.

I think they're keeping that a secret until he's revealed.

Oh, I know that. My comment was aimed at those saying that it was "too soon to introduce Kid Flash" or that the actor was too old for the part. Specifically, that they are drawing their conclusions too soon when we haven't actually got much information about the character as yet.

Oh, I know that. My comment was aimed at those saying that it was "too soon to introduce Kid Flash" or that the actor was too old for the part. Specifically, that they are drawing their conclusions too soon when we haven't actually got much information about the character as yet.

I think they are trying to get at something here by adding Wally. The description of the character isn't much to go on from, much like Patty is. I don't think (unless the writers really botch it up like Linda Park) she is going to be used as a one dimensional character. She is at least a cop and Wally/Kid Flash is well, we know. It'll be interesting to see how they draw them out.

I don't think Danielle looks like she's in high school. But that might be because I've seen her on stuff since I was a kid. I don't know about Candice. I don't know if I get an older vibe from her or not. What makes you think it? Carlos, eh... I couldn't tell you. He looks adultish to me. But he dresses a little younger. But Carlos is 26, and Danielle and Candice are both 27. The youngest out of the group appears to be Grant.

I have nothing against Candice, but she looks much older than Danielle or Carlos who both look younger than their characters. It's not just the clothing, he actually looks young overall, same with Danielle. I thought Candice was in her 30s, she just has that mature look about her.

Danielle most certainly does not look like she's in high school, neither does Carlos. They all looks their age to me, including Candice.

Thing is, is he playing "Wally West" or is he playing "Kid Flash"? So far, casting is only for the former. And with these adaptations, you never know what aspects are being adapted.

I doubt they are bringing on Wally West just as himself. Can he be WW without being Kid Flash or The Flash? I don't think so.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/CW_TheFlash/status/631212947713318912/photo/1
tHFlTqI.png

:awesome:

Last edited:
Goddammit, CW, I need a closer look than that! :argh:

It had to be done. It just had to.

How do you screw up something like arm placement when you're literally copying an image? Freaking cw

Yeah, it's awkward looking because people don't walk or run like that. But, at least they kept the stance pretty mirrored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"